NEW DJM OO gauge HUO + N gauge 24.5t Hopper wagon (Crowdfunded)

DJM Dave

If the ratio is 12 to 1 for the 00 version, and the N is 18%, does that mean the 00 version is at 198%, ie-twice what's needed?

Forgive me, my maths is terrible, but the figures are just a badgers under 12-1 OO to N gauge at the moment, if that helps.

Cheers

Dave

Hi

I've been looking for evidence of their use over Woodhead but have so far drawn a blank. If I could find evidence then I would order some.

Cheers

Paul

Paul 

Try post 9 in this link to the Liverpool Corporation hoppers!

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/72290-cammell-laird-of-nottingham-20t-hopper-for-use-in-liverpool-power-stations/

It’s a big steep slope, and N gauge just isn’t anywhere near as popular as OO by a considerable margin. However it’s my gauge, and i’ll Be sticking with it, even if only myself and a few others have HUO’s in our possession. Lol ;-)

How amazing would it be if you owned your own model railway company and just commissioned models you wanted for your own collection/layout!

How amazing would it be if you owned your own model railway company and just commissioned models you wanted for your own collection/layout!

Loads of people do commission models they want for their own layout. Peterborough north is a fine example of this approach.

Oh if I could do that i’d Already have 2 dozen class 76’s on my layout!

I can but dream ;-)

I’d have a fleet of J27’s, J21’s a couple of J25’s and a sprinkle of RSH 0-6-0 saddle tanks to shunt my HUO’s ordered ;-)

• Like 2

I’d have a fleet of J27’s, J21’s a couple of J25’s and a sprinkle of RSH 0-6-0 saddle tanks to shunt my HUO’s ordered ;-)

I've got J25s, J26s and J27s to play with my HUO hoppers.

But then again I'm in N- one of the areas where smaller is ahead of bigger- (I've also got a D20....)  :)

Les

• Like 1

As I live in Australia, would VAT be exempt on any orders sent to me? I am looking at ,ordering, a 4-pack in grey to be renumbered pre-tops.

Cheers from Oz,

Peter C.

Hi Pete,

Yes it would, but you would not be exempt from import taxes should they apply , your end.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Pete,

Yes it would, but you would not be exempt from import taxes should they apply , your end.

Cheers

Dave

That's understood Dave, thanks for the prompt reply. Any chance of putting in a 'vanilla' grey 4-pack, no markings on the body, for us geriatrics who model pre-Tops?  I know CCT decals are excellent, it would just save some time and possibly spoil the finish.to have to remove stuff that doesn't have to be there! I'm not even asking for a discount, but I could buy more....!

Cheers, a prawn already smoking..

Peter C.

That's understood Dave, thanks for the prompt reply. Any chance of putting in a 'vanilla' grey 4-pack, no markings on the body, for us geriatrics who model pre-Tops?  I know CCT decals are excellent, it would just save some time and possibly spoil the finish.to have to remove stuff that doesn't have to be there! I'm not even asking for a discount, but I could buy more....!

Cheers, a prawn already smoking..

Peter C.

To avoid spoiling the finish, apply a black patch from my Sheet BL7 over the TOPS markings, before applying the pre-TOPS lettering.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

https://www.cctrans.org.uk/products.htm

Hi Mike,

Initial orders have dropped off considerably, however, this is a pattern with lots of things.....a new movie opening, car sales, even model trains.

The trick ( if that word can be used) is to not be downhearted, realise this is a pattern of life and you can do something about it.

Namely advertise, show cad/cam designs, and send out press releases, and keep doing it.

Word will get round, as there are many many modellers out there that don’t know about the HUO yet. So when they see the adverts, press releases etc, they will become conscious of it and perhaps order.

However, at the moment, there is the known pattern of OO to N gauge orders showing through, proving once again that N gauge ( and it’s my scale of choice for 42 years now) isn’t as prolific as OO gauge by quite a substantial margin.

I think both will get over the line mind you, but we need to see the final figures and percentages to see just how much N gauge modellers want such a needed and distinctive wagon....... or do they just view the 24.5t hopper as just another coal wagon along the lines of the 21t etc?

Time will tell, and certainly this weekend at Warley i’ll Be showing enough POS etc for visitors to become aware.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 3

Hi Mike,

Initial orders have dropped off considerably, however, this is a pattern with lots of things.....a new movie opening, car sales, even model trains.

The trick ( if that word can be used) is to not be downhearted, realise this is a pattern of life and you can do something about it.

Namely advertise, show cad/cam designs, and send out press releases, and keep doing it.

Word will get round, as there are many many modellers out there that don’t know about the HUO yet. So when they see the adverts, press releases etc, they will become conscious of it and perhaps order.

However, at the moment, there is the known pattern of OO to N gauge orders showing through, proving once again that N gauge ( and it’s my scale of choice for 42 years now) isn’t as prolific as OO gauge by quite a substantial margin.

I think both will get over the line mind you, but we need to see the final figures and percentages to see just how much N gauge modellers want such a needed and distinctive wagon....... or do they just view the 24.5t hopper as just another coal wagon along the lines of the 21t etc?

Time will tell, and certainly this weekend at Warley i’ll Be showing enough POS etc for visitors to become aware.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave

Do you think that N gauge isn't that popular because of the size and people saying that failing eye sight dosent help I'm kind of interested to fined out what people's thoughts are on this as it was said that N gauge was 20% of the market one of the things that frustraiting me is that there is more of a choice of era's in N gauge compared to the 00 gauge

Thanks

Alan

Hi Dave

Do you think that N gauge isn't that popular because of the size and people saying that failing eye sight dosent help I'm kind of interested to fined out what people's thoughts are on this as it was said that N gauge was 20% of the market one of the things that frustraiting me is that there is more of a choice of era's in N gauge compared to the 00 gauge

Thanks

Alan

For N gauge it could be the number of crowdfunded projetcs is taking up money as well as interest. Now that I have had a deposit on a Cl321 returned I may think about this. Given that paid £200+ on another wagon project a few weeks ago I could not contemplate this project without the cash from the CL 321

Hi Dave

So far I have held off from expressing interest in the N Gauge version for one reason. It's not clear (to me at least & maybe I've missed it) what liveries will be available. If it's only TOPS then I'll order a pack of 4 in order to support the project & change the lettering. If there are packs of four in pre-TOPS livery suitable for the transition era then I'll order more.

David

• Like 1