Kings Cross? In a cakebox?

MikeTrice

Lovely idea!- if it were my model though it'd have to be set in the 1870s/ 80s.  Get a couple of the Matchbox Duke of Connaught models, scratchbuild some outside cylinders and tenders, some GNR carriages.....

I have considered turning back the clock but would have far less reference material to go by. Sticking with the current scene makes my research much easier. It also opens up the possibility of photographic backscenes.

• Like 2

Looks good. My Inkscape eventually crashed when I tried to do that. The laptop couldn't handle it when I started multiplying the brick sections.

I am not ignoring you but am loath to state that I have found the later versions of Inkscape to be very reliable on the basis I will probably now jinx things.

• Like 1

I have started experiments in reproducing the brickwork.

This is the result of using an engraving tip in the Silhouette on 10thou styrene. The mortar courses are far to fine for the Silhouette but from normal viewing distance give approximately the right texture. The first image has been painted in Vallejo Buff then a very this soot wash applied. Not bad for a weathered finish:

post-3717-0-36172900-1510328506_thumb.jpg

This sample has not been weathered and shows a 5p coin to give an idea of the size of the sample:

post-3717-0-53027700-1510328516_thumb.jpg

As an alternative I will try a printed example based on the following artwork, but need to clean my printer to unclog one of its nozzles:

post-3717-0-77638100-1510328526_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Drill a little hole, and put a tiny sliver of plastic rod through each one, then file the curved profile on afterwards. That should keep you going until well up to the closing date and give me a chance of catching up!;-)

• Like 1