Dapol 08 JUST FINISHED

modelman14

Hello

After an absense from modeling i am now back at it....the first model have my attention is this Dapol 08 modelled as 08925 in a slightly distressed condition...

Heres a couple of pics of the project...the colours are better in the flesh...

post-21540-0-56936000-1509569481_thumb.jpg

post-21540-0-45455300-1509569509_thumb.jpg

post-21540-0-75302200-1509569574_thumb.jpg

post-21540-0-31391600-1509569617_thumb.jpg

post-21540-0-29593800-1509569685_thumb.jpg

post-21540-0-46936600-1509569732_thumb.jpg

post-21540-0-43136800-1509569756_thumb.jpg

Any comments good or bad will be appreciated.

Thanks folks

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

It's very brave of you to dismantle the entire loco......it looks a ###### to put back together!!

Yes,you're quite right.

Using the article in model rail I thought it would be easy....2 hours later....

Most of the fixing lugs snapped off as well so the body isn't quite tight on the chassis.....not too noticeable mind..

I would recommend filing the roof section down for an easier future removal.

That’s one way to settle the blue / black roof debate! Can you tell us how you achieved the faded look?

Yeah,there were only a few 08's with white roofs,this particular one had the steps painted white as well which is why I chose to model it.

I had to make another compressor housing for this loco as well,turned out ok using an old credit card!!

I achieved the faded look by simply airbrushing a lighter shade to certain areas,it dos'nt seem to matter what you do to an 08 there always seems to be a prototype with any level of weathering,fading etc.

Cheers.

I like the overall look you`ve got on your gronk,and the fact your not affraid to take a knife to a nice O gauge model...nice job

I would though attend to the buffer heads as they look a bit shiney and black compared to the rest of the loco,well in the picture`s they do!.

Cheers,

Brian.

I like the overall look you`ve got on your gronk,and the fact your not affraid to take a knife to a nice O gauge model...nice job

I would though attend to the buffer heads as they look a bit shiney and black compared to the rest of the loco,well in the picture`s they do!.

Cheers,

Brian.

I can assure you I was afraid.....when the knife took the first door hinge off I was committed so there was no turning back...then I needed to clear the grilles away and alter the doors for the compressor housing......thankfully it's turned out ok.

I've just stripped a 37 down ready for some Dremel action around the buffer beams that is scary,it cost twice as much as the 08 plus some....

Well spotted on the buffers,they haven't been airbrushed yet....it's on the list of final items that need addressed..

Cheers.

• Like 1

post-12187-0-17870200-1509655492_thumb.jpg

And here is the real thing when it was working in the Warrington area in August 1989. I suspect that the cab doors would probably be the steel type but, naturally, you can't tell from my photo! This photo also shows different sized cabside numerals from yours but these could well have changed over the years. Depends on the exact year you are modelling.

Not meaning to nit-pick, just observations. A nice job there, you should be proud of it.

Jeff

84B Oxley...this is an image I haven't seen,your right about the numbers,I've modelled it with the smaller ones as here..

post-21540-0-90711900-1509661473_thumb.jpg

This image shows no double arrows,but it did have them with the small numbers at some point.

Thanks,I'm well proud of it.

attachicon.gif08925-2.8.89.jpg

And here is the real thing when it was working in the Warrington area in August 1989. I suspect that the cab doors would probably be the steel type but, naturally, you can't tell from my photo! This photo also shows different sized cabside numerals from yours but these could well have changed over the years. Depends on the exact year you are modelling.

Not meaning to nit-pick, just observations. A nice job there, you should be proud of it.

Jeff

It would appear that I have completely overlooked the cab doors when I have looked again at that image...