SteveCole

• Administrators

Good morning all,

The BRM December Digital Edition goes live later today and it really is a cracking issue. Just read the content list below...

The annual National Festival of Railway Modelling in Peterborough (October) gave us the perfect opportunity to speak to both readers and non-readers about what they like (and don't) about the magazine and to hear suggestions for future improvements. It was great to hear so many positive comments and to get non-readers to see just how far the magazine has progressed over the past few years. I really think that this issue is a great example of why BRM has grown so much in recent months.

The print edition goes on-sale on Thursday, November 9th. Be sure to get down to your local magazine outlet. Below is a short preview video for this month's DVD.

And one final comment, check out our Next Month pages (136-137) as we have something very, very special planned for BRM January. We'll be posting some teaser videos in the coming weeks, but this really needs to be seen to appreciate just how incredible it is. Everyone we've shown it to has been amazed. I've never been so excited about a 'promotion' in all my years in magazine publishing. See the Next Month pages to found out what this 'promotion' actually is.

Steve

post-14186-0-59697700-1509702824_thumb.jpg

On this month’s DVD

See ‘The Worlds End’ in action

Discover how laser-cut kits are made in a garden shed

We take a diesel cab ride on The Severn Valley

Michael Russell on what make a great diorama

Layouts

The Worlds End (OO) – a fine depiction of Knaresborough, complete with its tubular pub

Woodmores Scrapyard (OO) – Michael Russell updates a scene that evokes the final days of many cherished and iconic locomotives

Ballyconnell Road (15.75mm) – With its unusual gauge and a circular construction, this Irish layout is a great ‘craic’ by any measure

Burntisland 1883 (P4) – The strict rules of a competition inspire a journey into local history and this fabulous Firth of Forth layout

Practical

Build an overgrown fence

Install TTS sound

Cake Box Challenge – Phil Parker shows you what’s possible!

Paint a derelict shed

Realistic weathering of a budget Hornby locomotive

How to repair your scenery

Model a scrapyard locomotive

Products

Trade News

New Models from Hornby, Bachmann & Graham Farish

New Gear – kits, figures, posters and scenery

New Books

Reviewed: Kernow’s GWR 1361 Class 0-6-0ST

Reviewed: Heljan Class 05

Reviewed: Kernow’s LSWR ‘Gate Stock’ Coach Pack

Reviewed: Graham Farish 1Co-Co1 Class 40

And…

Andy York & Phil Parker share their Christmas dreams

How items are cast

Railway Steamers

Tail Lamp by Traction editor Stephen Rabone

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

And one final comment, check out our Next Month pages (136-137) as we have something very, very special planned for BRM January. 

:O

Edit, weird, can't get the right smiley to show! Anyway, what I meant was: Gulp!

Edited by Mikkel

• Administrators

Surprised gulp :-)

I had not seen that coming. Very futuristic!

Honestly, it blew me away when I first saw the images. We'll be previewing it at Warley and selling that issue at the show. We have some teaser videos coming soon also.

• Administrators

One question, how do digital subscribers view the special issue?

Digital subscribers can fill-in an online form and we'll post the glasses out FOC.

Or, they can send us a stamped addressed envelope. 

It looks great on screen!

• Administrators

Has anyone received there subscription December copy yet?

Eltel

Hi. I've just checked and subs copies were dispatched yesterday so they'll be arriving with subscribers today/tomorrow.

• RMweb Gold

Digital subscribers can fill-in an online form and we'll post the glasses out FOC.

Or, they can send us a stamped addressed envelope. 

It looks great on screen!

Thanks for the info Steve will lookout for the form

• Administrators

The lead layout (which also appears on the cover and DVD) is The Worlds End. This viaduct creates an impressive centrepiece. Have you seen it at a show? What impressed you the most?

post-14186-0-26355900-1510135771_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The lead layout (which also appears on the cover and DVD) is The Worlds End. This viaduct creates an impressive centrepiece. Have you seen it at a show? What impressed you the most?

attachicon.gifWorlds-end-1.jpg

If I may be permitted a comment -

Yes I have, several times.  What impressed me most was the way that the land and townscape slopes down from left to right through the station, a feature not modelled as often as it might be.  Now if Pete Goss could find a way of animating his battle re-enactors ...

Chris

• Like 1

Interesting my post from the 13th and others have been deleted regarding how this magazine has been progressing . ?? I have also replied to the PM request from the editor  regarding my comments on the same day, which has been read by him  and no reply received either. 

Not fussed either way personally.

Interesting my post from the 13th and others have been deleted regarding how this magazine has been progressing . ?? I have also replied to the PM request from the editor  regarding my comments on the same day, which has been read by him  and no reply received either. 

Your dismissive comment was in another topic - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/128020-brm-december-2017-dvd-and-only-99p/?p=2923405&do=findComment&comment=2923405

The only thing which I deleted was my initial response to your comment (I also note that you were trying to be an irritant on Facebook too yesterday during the server outage).

I am sure Steve (who is the publisher rather than the editor) will reply in due course but he has been away from his desk a bit this week.

Your dismissive comment was in another topic - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/128020-brm-december-2017-dvd-and-only-99p/?p=2923405&do=findComment&comment=2923405

The only thing which I deleted was my initial response to your comment (I also note that you were trying to be an irritant on Facebook too yesterday during the server outage).

I am sure Steve (who is the publisher rather than the editor) will reply in due course but he has been away from his desk a bit this week.

Thank you , everyone is entitled to their opinion. My Facebook comment was a harmless joke, there is no need to be insulting.  I look forward to the reply in due course.

Edited by micklner

• Administrators

Hi, 

I do appreciate you taking the time to PM me as it's important to find out what people like and dislike about the magazine. Not everyone is the same and I truly respect everyone's views. My dream is that every modeller loves and buys BRM. That's a dream though and simply can't happen. I still dream though...

Apologies for not replying but I didn't think there was a need to?

Steve

• 2 weeks later...