danstercivicman

Well... in addition to my not yet started Swansea Victoria idea... I was looking in a few of the new books I got this month and I have considered Ilkley as a potential candidate for a good terminus/eventual through station idea.

Apologies for the terrible camera picture the scanner is bost.

Thoughts/comments welcome

As always BR Late Crest

post-22023-0-48453700-1509720995_thumb.jpg

Edited by danstercivicman
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Yes Ilkley was a through station and a terminus. The through lines went to Skipton until being closed following Mr Beeching's work. There was indeed an article in RM back in December 1976. It featured a rather large layout built by Wakefield MRS.

PJ10 

Yeah, I've found a thread on rmweb with lots of detail on Ilkley. This will be an ilkley based plan. I'm thinking one of the issues with hope st is that it's a terminus. I like Ilkley because of the through lines which would give me the excuse for future expansion possibly along the lines of the GCR running north?

• 4 weeks later...

The track plan certainly looks the part, what size boards would you be using?  

All the best

M.Sutton

Hello,

Really sorry for the late reply- I have only just seen your post!  

I would be using four 1m by 1m baseboards coupled together with the end board being tapered...  it would be 6mm ply top and sides

Still trying to get permission for the expanded layout (seems my wife is part of the motoring lobby) :)