Bachmann Class 47 708 Waverley - Model Rail Scotland Ltd Edition Model

MRDBLUE17

First test running on the trainset the period which of course predates it by about 20 yrs but fun anyway.

What a fabulous model and beautiful runner..I'm highly likely to buy a second one.. if there are any left on Sunday night that is! 

post-2371-0-31427800-1518053715_thumb.jpg

post-2371-0-84894800-1518053736_thumb.jpg

See you at the show.

Dave.

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

I predict all gone by Saturday lunchtime latest, particularly as no one will prevent multiple buys.mayb e even earlier. When did the 158 sell out by? This will be just as popular

Edited by Legend

• RMweb Gold

I predict all gone by Saturday lunchtime latest, particularly as no one will prevent multiple buys.mayb e even earlier. When did the 158 sell out by? This will be just as popular

Indeed, There’s no way I can get to the event, I will be overseas.

It’s clear nothing doing online for this model and i’d rather not pay extra to a carpet bagger so I’ve made a plan B..

These things tend to shake some of the previous ones from the tree, and exactly that happened..

I’ve bought the previous Bachmann release, on ebay, and at Warley Kernow had another ScotRail 47/7 (I think it was 47712) on display, so sit back and wait for that... that will give me 2 and will be enough for me, one off the list and one less to the carpet bagger.

Edited by adb968008

The plates are A1 Models etches, but I don't think these are available any more. At least they weren't last time I looked, as I'm rapidly running out of them. So I think you'd have to cut some out from thin plastic card. The wire is a single strand of wire separated out from ordinary multistrand layout wire.

I think it's better to drill a small angled hole in under the plates to insert the wire into. This increases the strength of the join and reduces the chances of smearing glue over the front of a very expensive loco. The hole is pretty much invisible if you make it the same diameter as the wire (see photo below).

On the real locos, the wires often seemed to be quite straggly, rather than nice and neat like the Bachmann version.

As well as my ScotRail 47/7s, I made the same modification to my RES 47746 too...

47746 9 closeup.jpg

Hope that helps!

Cheers

Dave, looking forward to picking his new 47708 up in Feb. Can I resist getting a second one too, that's the question. Nice short name, ripe for renumbering...

That shot could be real world. Inspiring!

• RMweb Premium

It is only the corrugated air brake pipe which gives it away as a model, that is the type of modelling I aspire to but fall well short of.

The standard bag of detailing parts that comes with the 47's, including our AMRSS one, has the corrugated red ended pipe, simple solution for me was that I was only detailing one end so took one of the spare yellow air ones and painted them red at each end before fitting.

post-291-0-92527800-1518295812.jpg

Edited by Craig Watson
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Well I've arrived in Glasgow ready for the show and have an empty suitcase with me to fill up with this model - gonna buy 20 - 30 I think and hopefully make a packet on ebay to pay for my weekend .....................

This time next year Rodney ..............

Ben

P.S. Some of the above was a joke but i'll let you decide what ..................

Hi Everyone,

There are a limited number of 47708 Models now available via Rainbow Railways website at

www.rainbowrailways.co.uk

Thanks

Mark

Good idea, will give those that can't get to the show a chance to get a model at the original price, as very likely they will be all gone over the weekend..................

• RMweb Gold

Order placed, hopefully one will be winging its way to the far southeast corner to join the Malcom Shunter purchased a couple of years ago.

Keith

Email received a short time ago, item despatched, tracking details advised.

Many thanks guys,

Keith

• Like 1

Yip 47s available tomorrow Saturday at the show

Got one..... thanks Colin and to all who decided to put a few models online, for those of us unable to get to the show (think being in the colonies is a good enough excuse!), lol, and I enjoyed the chat!!!

• Like 1