Bachmann Class 47 708 Waverley - Model Rail Scotland Ltd Edition Model

MRDBLUE17

Yeah loco's are still available for anyone else still wishing to purchase one. To compliment the Oxford Mk3's when they appear in ScotRail and of course the equally anticipated Bachmann DBSO later in the year.

We are pleased to have some available for online sales for anyone unable to have attended the show or ...if someone just wants to buy another...

Link below to take you direct to selling page

https://www.rainbowrailways.co.uk/complete-models-amrss-editions-c-27_42.html

(Rainbow Railways are processing the sales of the loco on behalf of AMRSS / Model Rail Scotland)

Hi Everyone,

There are a limited number of 47708 Models now available via Rainbow Railways website at

www.rainbowrailways.co.uk

Thanks

Mark

Thanks for the heads-up - ordered! As I live in Canada, making some of these available on-line is good news.

• Like 1

Meanwhile lurking in a cabinet in Warley, this one has yet to break cover..attachicon.gif3C5C11F7-B0BC-4225-AD5D-5AC69AAE8D7D.jpeg

2018 is shaping up as a good year for Scottish modellers

Lol.... it’s like waiting for the buses..... you wait around for ages and nothing.... then they all turn up at once....

Just typical, I renamed and renumbered one of my sir Walter Scott’s, to Lady Diana Spencer.... so I see there are some Hornby models in there as well, was that a dealers cabinet for second hand stuff or was it something more interesting?

• RMweb Premium

Unbelievable really if you can still get them for £160 !!!

They will hold stock for a while at that price, in turn meaning when someone wants one they will have new stock so can charge ridiculous amounts. Worst thing is people will pay it eventually.

Lol.... it’s like waiting for the buses..... you wait around for ages and nothing.... then they all turn up at once....

Just typical, I renamed and renumbered one of my sir Walter Scott’s, to Lady Diana Spencer.... so I see there are some Hornby models in there as well, was that a dealers cabinet for second hand stuff or was it something more interesting?

I have two Bachmann renumbers, one to a weathered 47712 lady Di and the other an much cleaner 47708 Waverley (what else).  Oh well am guessing we will be seeing a bit more of that pair.  Mind you the more 477s I see at exhibitions the better as far as I am concerned.

• Like 3

I have two Bachmann renumbers, one to a weathered 47712 lady Di and the other an much cleaner 47708 Waverley (what else).  Oh well am guessing we will be seeing a bit more of that pair.  Mind you the more 477s I see at exhibitions the better as far as I am concerned.

To be honest, I was half expecting another main range release of another Scotrail 47/7.... the ebay prices are high and i’m Pretty sure with the Dbso’s (eventually) being released and the OR Mk3a’s close (hopefully pending some colouring matching) then there would have been plenty of demand for something to run with them....

I couldn’t agree more, mid 80’s Scotrail is something special.... many happy days spend in the freezing cold getting soaked to the skin on platform ends.... just wish I had a camera or video camera in those days to record my spots.....

To be honest, I was half expecting another main range release of another Scotrail 47/7.... the ebay prices are high and i’m Pretty sure with the Dbso’s (eventually) being released and the OR Mk3a’s close (hopefully pending some colouring matching) then there would have been plenty of demand for something to run with them....

I couldn’t agree more, mid 80’s Scotrail is something special.... many happy days spend in the freezing cold getting soaked to the skin on platform ends.... just wish I had a camera or video camera in those days to record my spots.....

I think Bachmann have made an own goal. They have made 47/7's in ScR livery only in OO gauge and releasing the DBSO's later this year. (along with the OR MK3's) However they have in their Farish range a 47/7 in BR Blue but nothing to run with them! But yet they haven't thought about releaseing in blue in OO which i think would be very popular, given that they are releasing MK2F's in B&G and the DBSO. Thoughts??

I think Bachmann have made an own goal. They have made 47/7's in ScR livery only in OO gauge and releasing the DBSO's later this year. (along with the OR MK3's) However they have in their Farish range a 47/7 in BR Blue but nothing to run with them! But yet they haven't thought about releaseing in blue in OO which i think would be very popular, given that they are releasing MK2F's in B&G and the DBSO. Thoughts??

I'd be surprised if we saw a main range Scotrail 47/7 in OO again for a few years ... assuming 47712 comes out in some form then I'd think they'd want to see how things settle down again after 47708 being released here. They wont want to flood the market with different options.

However a BR Blue 47/7 or one of the large logo ones 47711 or 47712 would be a good choice especially with the DBSOs and Mk2Fs in Blue and Grey. If I were placing a bet I'd think 47711 in large logo if 47712 is appearing in Scotrail livery

I'd be surprised if we saw a main range Scotrail 47/7 in OO again for a few years ... assuming 47712 comes out in some form then I'd think they'd want to see how things settle down again after 47708 being released here. They wont want to flood the market with different options.

However a BR Blue 47/7 or one of the large logo ones 47711 or 47712 would be a good choice especially with the DBSOs and Mk2Fs in Blue and Grey. If I were placing a bet I'd think 47711 in large logo if 47712 is appearing in Scotrail livery

Yes 711 or 712 in LLB would be an excellent choice then this could be easily modelled...... ;)

post-33163-0-42053300-1519747046_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tiddles47
  • Like 2

Definitely, anything to run with the Dbso’s would have been welcomed.....

• RMweb Premium

Yes, they did. The change from a traditional spot lamp of the original 1979 47/7's to the square high intensity lamps began about mid 1984? so some of the original 12 had them before the ScoRail livery change....12541809383_b4927b14d5_b.jpgGlasgow push pull by Ian Cowieson, on Flickr

47708 "WAVERLEY"....

Actually it’s 47709 The Lord Provost.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

If I were placing a bet I'd think 47711 in large logo if 47712 is appearing in Scotrail livery

Yes 711 or 712 in LLB would be an excellent choice then this could be easily modelled...... ;)

Definitely, anything to run with the Dbso’s would have been welcomed.....

I'm drooling at the prospect of my favourite 47 appearing in LLB. Mind you, it will cost me a fortune in mineral wagons ...

post-22167-0-86896400-1519910358_thumb.jpg

post-22167-0-00634700-1519910377_thumb.jpg

Falkland Yard, Ayr - June 1982

• Like 5

Yes, they did. The change from a traditional spot lamp of the original 1979 47/7's to the square high intensity lamps began about mid 1984? so some of the original 12 had them before the ScoRail livery change....

12541809383_b4927b14d5_b.jpg

Glasgow push pull by Ian Cowieson, on Flickr

47709 THE LORD PROVOST (My error of course)...

I'm surprised Bachmann didn't find that when they produced the 47/7 in BR Blue in N gauge and they came up with that different 'headlight' arrangement at the front

• RMweb Gold

Pleased to advise that my Waverley arrived safe and sound today despite the atrocious weather both up north and down here in the south east corner.

Many thanks to the guys at Rainbow Railways .... and all those at Royal Mail including my local postie who delivered the package this morning!

Keith

• Like 2