NEW to the NCiM from Hornby - Princess Coronation No.46229 Duchess of Hamilton

LocomotionatShildon

Dear Deirdre

Could you help me please as I am unsure if I have a problem. I own 2 duchesses in LMS red, 1 in black, 1 in blue, 1 in green with sloping smoke box, 1 in green without sloping smoke box, 1 in br maroon and a couple of Wrenn ones. I have also had delivered yesterday Sir William, which has now replaced my wedding photo at the side of my bed!

I now crave "Hamilton ". Do I need help.

Thanks

Confused of Leicester

No. I may have more.

I have 5 in LMS red, & 1 semi in 1946 black. I also have Sutherland in preserved LMS red & 1946 black.

I also have a couple more for repainting, maybe into wartime black. I don't think these will sell so well though, so I am not expecting Hornby will release them anytime soon.

Then 2 streamliners in blue, 2 in red, 1 in black.

I have a WCML layout based in late 30's & 40s though, so I need LMS duchesses to look authentic.

My preserved Sutherlands are not really runnable, even if when update the layout to 1990s as planned because the loco was on static display at Bressingham.

• RMweb Gold

Oh well,

Despite my whinge about the price, a quick scan shows everywhere 46256 is selling out or not less than £200, it’s glossy, i’m Betting the missing catalog number R3554 is 46229 in matt and will come in January but who cares, if i’m wrong it looks likes i’ll miss it.

So it’s ordered.

My fleet of Duchesses:

6229 (bathtub red)

6230 LMS maroon

6231 LMS Maroon (new and dublo)

46235 wrenn, BR Green

46236 BR Maroon

46241 BR Blue

46245 BR Maroon

46256 BR Maroon

Plus 46229.

6230 may become a sacrifice, as may 46235 as I want the new one next year.

• RMweb Premium

My fleet of Duchesses:

A fine collection. Take some solace, 5 days ago i didn't have any and would never have dreamed of buying a steam loco.

I now have Stanier & Atholl with a pre-order placed for Duchess of Hamilton :scratchhead:

• Like 2

Has anyone else been having difficulty today getting through to Locomotion to order a Duchess of Hamilton? I’ve been trying for about an hour and a half now and I still can’t get through to anyone.

I know they most likely are busy with taking orders but after a dozen phone calls and leaving messages, you’d think I’d be able to get through. Being in Canada isn’t helping either as it’s now past 3am! And I don’t even want to think what the long distance charges must be by now... I just hope I can get one before they are all gone!

• RMweb Gold

Has anyone else been having difficulty today getting through to Locomotion to order a Duchess of Hamilton? I’ve been trying for about an hour and a half now and I still can’t get through to anyone.

I know they most likely are busy with taking orders but after a dozen phone calls and leaving messages, you’d think I’d be able to get through. Being in Canada isn’t helping either as it’s now past 3am! And I don’t even want to think what the long distance charges must be by now... I just hope I can get one before they are all gone!

Order it online (i’ve Just ordered mine and i’m sat in a hotel room in an interestingly titled town called “king of Prussia”, PA).

I’ll be home before the model is.

http://www.locomotionmodels.com/national-collection-in-miniature/hornbynrm-exclusive-r3594-lms-princess-coronation-class-4-6-2.htm

I’ve done online in the past but a few of the times I tried ordering from UK model train stores, the bank flagged the transactions and locked my card. I’ve tried to give them a list of retailers I buy from but the bank said they can’t do anything about that and wouldn’t accept the list. They haven’t blocked my card since I started doing orders over the phone (which to me seems odd...). I’ll have to give it a try tomorrow and hope my card doesn’t get blocked.

Edited by Starlight Stepney

Hi Starlight Stepney,  I've replied to you in a private message.

Regards

Stuart

• Like 1

Tried to order over the phone but was advised to buy online, apparently selling very fast as I asked if they would have any for sale at Warley and they think they will all be gone at the rate they are selling.

My very good lady has ordered me one for Xmas so the one I ordered will get renumbered after seeing what or if Hornby announce another red one next year. Coventry is favourite for the renumbering plus flashes :sungum: 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Tried to order over the phone but was advised to buy online, apparently selling very fast as I asked if they would have any for sale at Warley and they think they will all be gone at the rate they are selling.

My very good lady has ordered me one for Xmas so the one I ordered will get renumbered after seeing what or if Hornby announce another red one next year. Coventry is favourite for the renumbering plus flashes :sungum:

You might like this image taken of 46240 in 1964 at Willesden then. ;) 

post-126-0-34245800-1510245312_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Would have loved this, BUT why the Gloss finish. It doesn't match any of my other heritage locos nor my rolling stock...

I just hope a satin (or gloss/satin as per 46256) is produced.

Was about to enter my card details and hit purchase until I read the 'gloss' bit...

Disappointed.

Would have loved this, BUT why the Gloss finish. It doesn't match any of my other heritage locos nor my rolling stock...

I just hope a satin (or gloss/satin as per 46256) is produced.

Was about to enter my card details and hit purchase until I read the 'gloss' bit...

Disappointed.

I agree with not liking the gloss finish and it's the reason I'm not bothering with this version. But others seem to like them, particularly the collectors that want them in "museum" condition.

I would hold fire as I reckon that there will be a "normal" version of 46229 at some point.

Jason

I agree with not liking the gloss finish and it's the reason I'm not bothering with this version. But others seem to like them, particularly the collectors that want them in "museum" condition.

I would hold fire as I reckon that there will be a "normal" version of 46229 at some point.

Jason

I hope so. Hornby,NRM please listen. You can both profit from this...!

Here's hoping. In the mean time, my pre-order for 46235 stands, and worst case (a couple of years with no 'normal' Hamilton) she could be repainted, at huge cost....!

Hi Starlight Stepney,  I've replied to you in a private message.

Regards

Stuart

Thank you so much for the message and all your help! I have now been able to complete the online order without any issues and I really look forward to receiving my Duchess of Hamilton model!

I can understand just how busy the team at Locomotion probably are after announcing a product like this and I can say that the help and customer service from Stuart and Locomotion was above and beyond my expectations! I look forward to purchasing from Locomotion Models again in the future.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Ah blow it......ordered one.

Im getting rid of nearly all my other steam and concentrating on 1970s and 80s so if im going to have one special steam loco in that era, then this will be it . :-)

70/early 80s Mainline steam to me was:

777, 850, 4472, 4498, 5407, 5690, 6201, 7029, 34092, 35028, 46229, 60009, 92220

Most of which fed Scarborough and the S&C, and anything breaking that mould invariably ran excessively late and /or failed, and recalled memories of Crews who drove and maintained their stead’s like it was still the 1960’s, rather than the kid gloves conserved museum pieces we have today.

Interestingly most of it wasn’t in a BR livery at the time, but then if their support teams were in their 40-60 age group then this would reflect their 1930’s-40’s memories at the time.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

70/early 80s Mainline steam to me was:

777, 850, 4472, 4498, 5407, 5690, 6201, 7029, 34092, 35028, 46229, 60009, 92220

Most of which fed Scarborough and the S&C, and anything breaking that mould invariably ran excessively late and /or failed, and recalled memories of Crews who drove and maintained their stead’s like it was still the 1960’s, rather than the kid gloves conserved museum pieces we have today.

Interestingly most of it wasn’t in a BR livery at the time, but then if their support teams were in their 40-60 age group then this would reflect their 1930’s-40’s memories at the time.

Only one you’ve missed of that list for me is 5305. My first mainline trip was behind it on a ‘Santa Special’ from my hometown, Hull, up to Scarborough where everyone apart from me seemed to seek shelter in the nearest pub (I’d only be 13 or 14 at the time and my parents could afford a ticket for me but not an adult fare as well so I was in my own). There was a Deltic, maybe Ballymoss, parked up in the station but that was all the entertainment I could find for the couple of hours stop! The return was via York and my best memory is leaving York station I had my head out of the window (you could still do that without being shouted at then), it was dark and there was a covering of snow and the exhaust being lit up by the glow from the firebox and then the whole train being illuminated by the headlights of cars parked on the church next to Holgate road bridge. Happy days.

• Like 2