NEW to the NCiM from Hornby - Princess Coronation No.46229 Duchess of Hamilton

LocomotionatShildon

• RMweb Premium

I think from memory, that there will be a subseuent delay in sending out the models, as the Shildon shop staff who would normally do this, will I presume, be tied up at the Warley show over the weekend.

There was a similar issue last year (APT-E?) or some such model, that had arrived, but everyone was busy at a show.

The wait goes on ...

• RMweb Gold

I spoke to a chap at locomotion today and he was totally rushed off his feet.

They are down on staff plus trying to sort orders plus preparing for shows.

So maybe we should cut them a little slack, they will get round to us.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good Morning from Locomotionmodels.com,

attachicon.gifBRP 131117-72.jpg

We are happy to inform you that the Duchess of Hamilton model, will be shipped to you tomorrow for delivery to UK customers to arrive Monday via standard courier delivery and international orders will also be dispatched.

Regards

Simon and Stuart

Thank you for that news.It would be helpful if you would supply tracking numbers/delivery time slots for these.Many thanks again,Ian.

• RMweb Gold

That is a much better photograph than the ones opening this thread. I particularly like the contrast of the gloss finish and the matt black smokebox and deflectors. Much better than earlier NRM offerings where everything was gloss. Sadly, funds do not permit.

Looks very similar to 46256 which is a good thing imho

• RMweb Gold

Looks like a present will be waiting for me post Warley..

“THIS IS AN AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED EMAIL - PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO IT

A delivery will be made to you on 27/11/2017 by APC Overnight on behalf of LOCOMOTION.

The delivery deadline is set for 16:00.”.

Cross posting from the Hornby thread, but any pictures of the final production model under normal conditions will help us undecideds if we like the finish. The pic on the other thread certainly looks more subtle in terms of shine than that posted above.

• RMweb Gold

Just received and road tested mine.Thank you. Exhibited the usual wayward front bogie causing derailments,Quick fix applied by gentle downward pressure on holding bracket and away you go.It runs beautifully....,graceful,.smooth and silent.....Once again I love the signature gloss paint finish.A lovely thing. Well done Brian and the Locomotion team and of course to Hornby's capable R&D team.

• Like 1

Just had an email from APC saying mine has been delivered. Hopefully that means one of my neighbours has kindly taken it in, and that it's not been left on the doorstep :O

Doubt it.

I had a card through the door from APC saying tried to deliver. Have spoken to APC to try to rearrange delivery - they will only deliver between 08.00 & 16.00 M-F, will not give a specific time for delivery, will not deliver to a neighbour as it has to be signed for, will not deliver to a different address (APC must be cheap because they certainly arent good). They suggested I go to the depot to pick up, thats miles away and why should I waste my time and petrol going to collect something I paid to be delivered. Even more annoying was the table full of models at Warley, could have got one there, be enjoying it now, and saved the £8.50 delivery charge.

Really not sure how Ill get my model now.

Not happy to say the least.