Accurascale

Fran although I participated in the survey I would have went for these in OO:

https://www.ellisclarktrains.co.uk/collections/darstaed-finescale-o-gauge/products/darstaed-finescale-o-gauge-bogie-tankers-various-liveries

Especially after seeing the HUOs'. Would you look at doing something like these?

Regards.

Most are fictitious.

But if they want to do the Murgatroyd/BPCM liquid chlorines we have all 4 measured.

Paul

• Like 1

Got to handle one of these in the flesh today, They look fab, Free Rolling and the underside detail is sublime. you will like these ones lads. I would be tempted with an Hattons Andrew Barley and 2 or 3 packs of these in an industrial setting!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Will you be releasing the results of your survey at some point (or have I missed it somewhere else)? Most of us are long enough in the tooth to realise the results will not be binding on you, but it would be interesting to learn what people asked for (as we tend to see that in the annual wish list poll, but there wasn't one this year).

Hi Mike,

We hadn't planned to release the info as it's not very scientific really and we thought the annual wishlist poll did that kind of info a lot better, but maybe we can look at publishing that aspect at some point in the near future. 

Cheers,

Fran

• RMweb Premium

I've got 450+ photo's with tape measure attached as well!

attachicon.gif1-IMG_5657.JPG

Mike.

Metric AND imperial?

Wow!

I never knew that you could get tape measures like that. They're all metric in my lifetime.........

:onthequiet:

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Gold

Metric AND imperial?

Wow!

I never knew that you could get tape measures like that. They're all metric in my lifetime.........

:onthequiet:

Cheers,

Mick

That was the modern one for any young thrusters who might be interested.

This is the one I used;

post-5471-0-48281400-1522822215_thumb.jpg

After all, it was built in feet and inches!

Mike.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Fran

So alluding back to my original post it looks like all the leg work has been done for the bogie tank wagons. Plus there's a bit of interest there, so let's get em built.

Find us orders for 1,000 of them including your good self and we will happily build them for you! :) (seriously, we will!) 

• RMweb Gold

Fran

So alluding back to my original post it looks like all the leg work has been done for the bogie tank wagons. Plus there's a bit of interest there, so let's get em built.

Find us orders for 1,000 of them including your good self and we will happily build them for you! :) (seriously, we will!) 

But which one(s)?

I've only measured the one extant.

Life ain't never simple!

Mike.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Fran although I participated in the survey I would have went for these in OO:https://www.ellisclarktrains.co.uk/collections/darstaed-finescale-o-gauge/products/darstaed-finescale-o-gauge-bogie-tankers-various-liveries

Especially after seeing the HUOs'. Would you look at doing something like these?

Regards.

I think these are quite interesting, i’d take a few.

There’s a thread about ICI ones here...

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/93900-ici-40t-bogie-caustic-tankers-where-when-who/

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

Haha it was said in jest, didn't think I'd get such a positive response. I would have a few. Not quite sure how I would get you 1000 orders maybe a separate survey or a vote option on here would work.

• Like 2

Not totally sure of the designs but there are photos of the "40T bogie tank" in the Oxley area and on the branch from Coventry to Nuneaton in the West Midlands. I believe the traffic was for Courtaulds in both cases. A brace would be fine for me to hang behind my 8F, pannier or Grange.

Actually a triple pack with three different numbers in the manner of the HUOs - whilst a little more expensive, would surely be a winner for Accurascale ? Certainly put me down for a pack.

997 to go !!!   

EDIT  - mentioned in this RMweb thread

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/93900-ici-40t-bogie-caustic-tankers-where-when-who/

Edited by Covkid
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Haha it was said in jest, didn't think I'd get such a positive response. I would have a few. Not quite sure how I would get you 1000 orders maybe a separate survey or a vote option on here would work.

I did say it partly in jest too, but I guess I was making the point that we would consider any suggestion once there is the right business case/interest, there are experts on the prototype to talk to, and/or there’s a prototype to survey etc. Though we only have one announced model so far there are several more on the way (CAD for two Accura subjects gone to China, two in CAD design atm and three more to be measured this month!) we can take something on board to squeeze in if there is sufficient business case and interest.

Edited by 071
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I did say it partly in jest too, but I guess I was making the point that we would consider any suggestion once there is the right business case/interest, there are experts on the prototype to talk to, and/or there’s a prototype to survey etc. Though we only have one announced model so far there are several more on the way (CAD for two Accura subjects gone to China, two in CAD design atm and three more to be measured this month!) we can take something on board to squeeze in if there is sufficient business case and interest.

Yes please, i’d take several, so 990 to go !

These wagons haven’t been seen rtr in 50 years or so !

• Like 1

Hi Fran

If you're looking at 1,000 models minimum. One I would look at is the Alcan pca. It did run in rakes of upto 15 wagons until recently. And is a well known working. Although it still would possibly cost between £20 - £30 at today's prices. It would give the modeller more chance of making an authentic rake of modern wagons. Much like the Dapol silver bullet does. Just my thoughts. Stephen.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Fran

If you're looking at 1,000 models minimum. One I would look at is the Alcan pca. It did run in rakes of upto 15 wagons until recently. And is a well known working. Although it still would possibly cost between £20 - £30 at today's prices. It would give the modeller more chance of making an authentic rake of modern wagons. Much like the Dapol silver bullet does. Just my thoughts. Stephen.

Sorry Stephen, I could've sworn I responded to this. Nice suggestion, believe there was a Deltic hauling this for GBRf a few years ago too? (might be mistaken). If the run was only 1,000 models, the sale price would be higher, certainly nearer £30 than £20, but probably even more than that. Economies of scale etc as I'm sure you can appreciate. We can produce a lot more HUOs for instance, so we can spread the tooling cost over a longer production run. This is why our IRM wagons cost more per unit, as the market for them is much smaller and we make a lot less of them per tooling.

Anyway, the sun is out, and so are our measuring tapes. Winter seems so long ago now, and more models are on the way.... :)

post-7114-0-35915100-1525790639.jpg

Edited by 071
  • Like 2