Hillport Goods

sf315

Thanks Richard

Dave didn’t fill it up I did. I wanted especially to see how the cargowaggon flat and van looked and surprisingly they look good in the sidings. They look massive and I thought they’d look out of place but no they’re ok. Glad I got them now.

Thanks Steve.

• RMweb Premium

Interesting point Steve . I had forgotten that very important point . I wonder what would happen if you put him in a room only containing two of his own layouts .

When do you intend to start exhibiting your layout ?

Mike b

Hi Mike

Dave would wonder off and start talking to himself.

Hi Steve

Your big toys layout looks very nice, I look forward to seeing it the flesh. :good:

Hello Mike

I am going to take bookings for the layout for shows in 2020 and onwards although there is a chance it may do a local to me show next summer.

Daves mentioned Wrecrail in 2020. but i think the commitee has got to pass it.

Hello Clive

Thanks for the comment.

thanks Steve

Edited by sf315

Hello all

I’ve been working on the last area to have the scenic treatment.

It’s the front right hand of the layout. It’s where the shunters lobby is going.

In the pic below is a how far I’ve got pic from right to left a Skytrex toilet/store building that has been covered in the embossed brick the same as the lobby. The lobby is totally scrathbuilt except for the windows and is based on the one that stood at Cockshute stabling point in Stoke. It has yet to have notice boards fitted to the front wall and the downpipes for the gutters fitted. The lamp hut and the concrete store building just visible are both Skytrex items. Lots more scenic work to be done around the area as yet.

The other part I’ve been working on is when we were testing at Christmas the contact on the points gave problems so a decision was taken to fit slow acting point motors and take advantage of the live frog wiring they offer so not to rely on the point blade. I settled for Colbolt IP analog motors and I’ve just fitted the 90 degree actuators and tested them on the bench. Shall start to installing them when I’ve time.

Thanks Steve

post-5955-0-34351600-1546776820_thumb.jpeg

Edited by sf315
  • Like 10

Hello all

Colbolts are ready to start fitting and the DPDT switches are part wired ready for swapping over in the panel box. I’ve worked out what’s required extra wiring wise on the layout including wiring the frogs. Thanks to the Plastic Brummy for the help in working out what goes where. Just got to do it now.

Thanks Steve

• Like 1

Hello all

The last area to be worked on has seen the last bit of baseboard have ground cover added today it’s the area to the left of the tracks in the pic below. The buildings were glued into position yesterday and filler used to bed them in.

Hanging basket liner was glued into position first allowing it to dry then a gravel mix out of the scenics bag. I think it’s mixed from odds and ends of various bags tipped in from previous layout building this was scattered around. I’ll Let it all dry and then it’ll be vacuumed up.

More foliage and greenery will be added later.

Thanks Steve.

post-5955-0-96351200-1547396797_thumb.jpeg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hello Clive

No but it makes photos easier to take for idiots like me who can just about take a snap.

The bigger the better.

Thanks Steve.

See you in Glasgow Clive??

Hi Steve

I am booked as the number two for Mr Tailby's train set and been asked to display some of my cut and shuts. So see you in Glasgow. It is going to be full of Lyddrail people, what with George and Nobby having a layout there and Messrs  Eames and Horn bringing their big one and their entourage with them.....so don't you forget the oatcakes.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Guest teacupteacup

Dont know how I've missed this layout!

Its looking great and I'll be following with interest, I've just started in 7mm myself and finding it very addictive!

Joe

3 hours ago, teacupteacup said:

Dont know how I've missed this layout!

Its looking great and I'll be following with interest, I've just started in 7mm myself and finding it very addictive!

Joe

Thanks Joe

Yes O gauge is quite addictive 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello all

Time for an update of where things are with the layout. 

I am busy installing the Colbolt point motors and 4 out of 5 are fitted and tested and working. Thanks must be given to the Plasticbrummy (Andrew) and New Bryford (Mick) for there help in answering my questions about fitting. The last one is fitted to the board and should be wired today and tested.

Next then will be the yard lights I’ve bought more on them another time. 

On the rolling stock side of things I’ve built a 13t steel open TOPS code OHV. and finished it in a really run down state. 

My 2 class 08 shunters are away being weathered by a friend. 

Ive been painting oil drums, coal sacks, pallets and loads for glueing on the layout sometime. 

The toilet I built has also been glued into position by the side of the coal office. See pic below with OHV wagon. 

Still lots to do but with the points now working and improving the running quality is a big step forward. 

Thanks Steve. 

DF060CDC-F195-4829-8EB5-F7A9DC55C88D.jpeg

• Like 11