Hillport Goods

sf315

Thanks Wayne

yes I’ve got 3 N gauge layouts as well so I know what you mean about space 

Have you ever seen Dave Tailbys Tudwick Road. It’s one of the most simple O Gauge layouts around but it is very therapeutic to operate. Size wise it takes up no space. I know he’s got another small  layout up his sleeve in O. 

Dont think Dave will mind me mentioning it. 

Thanks Steve. 

Edited by sf315
  • Like 1

Hi Steve,

No I've not seen Tudwick, but I'm sure it's to the usual good standard as Dave's layouts.

It's funny you should mention him actually because one of the EM gauge layouts I have was built by him. Did you ever see Trevanna Dries?

Cheers

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, sf315 said:

Yes I’ve operated Trevanna Dries. When Dave went walkabouts at a show once. 

Been there, done that. That is the layout with the dodgy point. I do hope Wayne has fixed it, Dave never did any of the times I operated it.

As for Tudwick Road being therapeutic, my psychologist says I should be better in a month or so time after three days operating it at Glasgow when Dave went walkabouts. :crazy:

Tudwick Road, for those who have not been lucky enough to see it is a siding at the front, leading to a traverser, which when in position two leads on to the line into the fiddle yard.

415182385_TudwickRoad.png.ed7c50cd353d1d69fb71e7e630ec7935.png

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Informative/Useful 2

1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Been there, done that. That is the layout with the dodgy point. I do hope Wayne has fixed it, Dave never did any of the times I operated it.

Hi Clive,

Trevanna came to me from Nick Goward as he bought it from Dave.

I do occasionally get issues with the point but haven't got round to properly look at it. I've taken Trevanna to a couple of shows and I'm thinking of doing a small extension to increase the veiwing area. The layout is also now operated in the late 1980's - 1996 period.

Anyway I don't want to hijack Steve's thread (sorry Steve) Trevanna has one of it's own on here and the link is in my signature.

Cheers,

All points are wired and tested and ok all working. 

While having the layout set up I had some play time. Just using the 25 and a couple of wagons. 

Here it is backing the coal trip into the yard. 

Thanks Steve. 

F450CF39-D175-4320-A809-A161B42079FC.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 1 month later...

With not being able to work on the layout due to other things I’ve been painting accessories ie pallets drums things to put on pallets etc 

I've also built this CAR brake van for air braked trip workings. It’s a Slater’s kit with Oleo buffers ,roller bearing axle boxes, screw couplings and the pipe work on the side added. Transfers are from Railtec and Fox. 

Also I have 3 PCA Skytrex cement tanks on the go. Just transferring them up then glue the chassis and body together and weather them. 

D644245E-6F36-4C5C-A30A-3F91949AAB74.jpeg

3513C916-1161-4335-9F7E-0E45D1DFC5D9.jpeg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

A couple of shots of the Knype Fuels coal lorry. It’s a dicast model obtained from Scalelink as a coal lorry but it has a French merchants name on and painted in a brown and red. 

I stripped it down and sprayed using primer and topcoat from a Halfords rattle can. Swapped the steering wheel over to the correct side and made the bulkhead on the back smaller. I also adjusted the front wheels so they’re not straight.  Added the transfers and weathered it using mig nuteral wash and Railmatch weathered black dry brushed on. 

Finally added a Stoke On Trent number plate. 

C7BD8278-EE68-4B80-B1E6-88416CCB05CF.jpeg

7A99C1E8-052F-4C8D-A455-CBF33F1CA992.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all 

A few pics showing a bit of progress with the layout. I have been adding details and have wired the yard lights up on the yard section. I have also been weathering a few wagons.  The coal yard is going to have lights of a different type and I am going to scratchbuild them. 

Thanks Steve. 

05A4E05C-F284-45DA-B0AE-FD11EB74CAD6.jpeg

3548EE4F-3DD2-42F1-B403-0195AD9BEE23.jpeg

BFA3ACE0-E91B-4B32-B480-8EFED9F8B545.jpeg

BBA3B92F-D642-4ED9-97C8-FCE3D339ABFB.jpeg

73308522-CFB7-4154-856A-12485C6B8245.jpeg

• Like 4

Yes my trusty lathe 

from my model car racing days but will become useful for some O Gauge projects I have in mind. 

Hopefully the layout will be put up next week and I can take more shots with a more in keeping background. 

Thanks Steve. 

A pic from this evenings running session. 08737 (which was a regular shunter at my local yard Longport in the early 80s) waits ready for the return trip working to Longport with 3 vanfits from Hillport Goods. 

992A5A16-D43A-45F4-91D8-FC4EC2A90636.jpeg

• Like 7

This afternoons trip waiting for the guard to put the tail lamp on the back check all is ok and then off. The trip today just consists of two MCO 16 ton minerals which have been collected from Knype fuels. The shunter is again 08737. 

D0BE47CF-E0B6-43A6-9D3A-9D77DC2308AC.jpeg

• Like 7

25290 arrives on a cement products working. The 3 PCA cement tanks will be shunted out to Albion cement terminal the other side of the footbridge ( in reality they just shunt out back to the fiddle yard) the VAA carrying bagged cement will be unloaded in the yard. 

05653581-F767-401B-8495-16CB431C56C2.jpeg

43AD94A2-53A3-492D-AECD-E92F3F565BA5.jpeg

Edited by sf315
  • Like 4