Hillport Goods

sf315

On 06/02/2020 at 12:54, sf315 said:

Hello all 

it’s looking like the first outing for the layout will be at Crewe heritage centre for a Gauge O Guild area 4 get together on March 29th. Will post details later. 

The second outing will be at St John’s school in Newcastle under Lyme at the end of July. This is my local show and all proceeds go to charity. Again will post details nearer the date. 

I am eagerly awaiting my delivery of an 03 shunter . Not particularly associated with the area where the layout is set but my favorite class of shunter. 

Thanks Steve. 

Hello all 

Just to say the Gauge O Guild area 4 on March 29th get together has been cancelled due to the virus outbreak. 

Thanks Steve. 

• Informative/Useful 1

On 06/02/2020 at 12:54, sf315 said:

Hello all 

it’s looking like the first outing for the layout will be at Crewe heritage centre for a Gauge O Guild area 4 get together on March 29th. Will post details later. 

The second outing will be at St John’s school in Newcastle under Lyme at the end of July. This is my local show and all proceeds go to charity. Again will post details nearer the date. 

I am eagerly awaiting my delivery of an 03 shunter . Not particularly associated with the area where the layout is set but my favorite class of shunter. 

Thanks Steve. 

Hello all 

Just to say the Gauge O Guild area 4 on March 29th get together has been cancelled due to the virus outbreak. 

Thanks Steve. 

The latest items of stock which were done for next weekend. 

Of course understandably the event is canceled.

The VDA van is a kit which I picked up at Warley unfortunately I can’t remember the name of the manufacturer. 

The TTA tank is a MM1 models one (ex  JLRT) 

the lowfit OLV is Slater’s with a Cararama trailer as a load 

Thanks Steve. 

1A946D4A-FDD2-40A1-B362-D8855719A087.jpeg

FB1586E7-13AB-41DE-B564-F964449FDAD7.jpeg

4BD8DA54-5CC6-4654-BDED-133206313D53.jpeg

Edited by sf315
  • Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

More wagons 

OWV China clay wagons based on clayliner wagons we used to get in Stoke. 

SPV plate wagon Parkside kit with Slater’s etched brake details. 

Thanks for looking 

stay safe everyone in the current crisis 

Steve. 

E1BB13E3-D0D9-45A0-A5D7-62B57538A595.jpeg

E7D68A16-AE98-437A-9E38-0737815EFFB2.jpeg

• Like 5

Another pic of some of the new stock on the layout. Need to crack on with my Dinky tipper truck so they can get the china clay unloaded and off to the potbank 

Thanks Steve. 

849E04A0-D116-43E0-ADED-86AEEAAB342E.jpeg

Edited by sf315
  • Like 4

Hello all

hope everyone is keeping safe in these unprecedented times. 

Today would of been Hillport Goods public debut at the Gauge O guild area show at Crewe. Still I can still look forward to the day I do show the layout when we can return to normal life. 

Ive been filling my time with a couple of wagon builds firstly a JLRT presflo wagon which is one of two,the other one being not far behind in the build. This one requires the details on the underframe painting black and the body parts painting bauxite. 

and secondly a GJH Plant VGA van kit which will be finished in early red ends and silver sides with the red boards fitted on the upper side at the ends. The VGA wagon is slightly outside my main era for the layout but a nice wagon for the collection and something of the new order of rolling stock for the early 1980s. 

Keep safe 

thanks Steve

5031A36E-24A8-4149-912F-B7FF16B8871E.jpeg

2956E145-4BF2-4812-9D4E-A97BE576E3F2.jpeg

• Like 7

Stay at home 

Protect the NHS 

Save lives

I have and built a kit. 

Hope your all following the above important advice and that plenty of modeling is being done this weekend. 

I’ve  built the second of my presflo wagons just buffers and a few small details to finish the build. 

Thanks and all stay safe 

Steve

D1DB4548-684F-4F28-B80F-DC289C0D169C.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Bungus the Fogeyman said:

I bet the gaffer of Knype fuels will be pleased, where are they going to unload the second wagon- into the outside khasi?

Looking good Steve...

Disgusting of Harket Marborough

You not heard of pinchbaring wagons 

• Like 2

Steve that 3rd photo of the yard and showing the 03 shunting is a great one. 

It is taken from the right height and shows all the detail you have modelled from the track, the loco and wagons and the scene setting buildings, wonderful it's a real inspiration.

Best

• Thanks 1

Today’s pic

A OWV wagon carrying china clay waits unloading in the yard in 1977. These were tripped to Hillport for unloading for delivery to the potbanks in the northern part of the Potteries. This was discontinued when the OWVs were replaced with the bogie china clay wagons and the recently completed D road A500 ( a major link road through the area)  was able to provide better links with the northern part of the city from the main unloading point at Cliffe Vale.  

Thats my backstory for having clay wagons on the layout. 

Thanks and hope all are keeping safe. 

Steve. 

BFBDDB4B-16B6-4E36-8CCC-2FE7B535D1A1.jpeg

• Like 6