Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Gauge 0 Guild emerges from a cloud of Steam.

Hi....

Following lobbying from a group of members, the Gauge 0 Guild has today added a Diesel & Electric Traction section to it's members forum. This great news is a long-awaited change of outlook for the Guild.

I have posted the complete story here:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/128130-gauge-0-guild-now-has-a-diesel-electric-traction-section-on-the-forum/&do=findComment&comment=2923675

Randall

People actually choose to model such things? I suppose they have concluded that their love of making square boxy objects cannot be sated by even Mr Bulleid's abominations. If we are to tolerate such types I suppose it is only appropriate that they do what they must in their own hidden corner, so as not to pollute the whole of our illustrious society.

Yours,

Disappointed of Tunbridge Wells,

Membership no. 14 3/4

Last ablutions 1973

:)

People actually choose to model such things? I suppose they have concluded that their love of making square boxy objects cannot be sated by even Mr Bulleid's abominations. If we are to tolerate such types I suppose it is only appropriate that they do what they must in their own hidden corner, so as not to pollute the whole of our illustrious society.

Yours,

Disappointed of Tunbridge Wells,

Membership no. 14 3/4

Last ablutions 1973

:)

Don't be so downhearted....maybe a rapid injection of steam through your clack valve will resolve your ablution problem...but not while the train is standing in the station. :-) Edited by RandyWales

I feel that people often talk about the Guild as if it is some mysterious alien body that imposes its will upon us. It is actually the collective of those of us who are members, no more, no less. The Gazette is filled with articles by members who have written them free and gratis - no one is commissioned or paid £500. So, if someone wants a different type of article, the answer is to write one and submit it to the Editor. It's no use waiting for someone else to do it. Similarly, the Guild can only have as exhibits at its exhibitions those layouts that are put forward. Finally, there are regularly advertisements for sundry vacancies among the officials. You don't have to swear allegiance to a particular period of railway history before offering to be a candidate. In short, the Guild will change when its members really want it to change.