class 319/1 First class NSE

richard5608

As I recall, the 321 was similar. There was a "full" window bay by the vestibule and then a "half" window by the cab. The full bay had 2+2 seats with one set with its back to the vestibule partition and the other set facing it, backed against the internal partition that divided the full bay from the half bay. 

The half bay had two seats backed against the internal partition on one side (cannot recall which side) and the other two backed against the cab back wall. This was the smoking compartment as built.

Seats would have been trimmed in NSE Mini Blue Blaze II, a mix of red and blue.

As I recall, the 321 was similar. There was a "full" window bay by the vestibule and then a "half" window by the cab. The full bay had 2+2 seats with one set with its back to the vestibule partition and the other set facing it, backed against the internal partition that divided the full bay from the half bay. 

The half bay had two seats backed against the internal partition on one side (cannot recall which side) and the other two backed against the cab back wall. This was the smoking compartment as built.

Seats would have been trimmed in NSE Mini Blue Blaze II, a mix of red and blue.

The half bay on the drivers side was the rearward facing one (ie backed against the cab wall partition)

Don't forget the Pond murals, mostly white on the Cambridge blue bulkheads - another feature of NSE soon discarded by the successors. In the case of the 321's my recollection was that the seat moquette gave the impression of being purple (which I accept is a mixture of red and blue) despite the description of 'Blue Blaize'. The driver's side seat faced backwards to allow a passenger to actually enter the coupe (smoking) compartment after opening the swing door from the n/smoking - very cramped.