HELP with Farish 25

Steve Viney

I have two Farish class 25s. They were bought together. One runs perfectly but the other stops intermittently. It starts moving again if I move the controller speed a tiny fraction faster OR SLOWER.

I RUN DCC using a Digitrax Zephyr system but I know it isn't the system as I have around 30 locos which don't have the problem.

I have thoroughly cleaned the wheels and pickups and have tried a different decoder.

I wonder if anyone has a solution?

Steve

One explanation is that the problem loco has been selected on a "jump" port on the Zephyr, and thus the loco is receiving instructions from two throttles.  One (the jump port) is set to zero.  The other (the real knob) is to a non-zero value.   The Zephyr's internals keep checking the jump port, and applying the zero value.   

Correct by either toggling through the jump ports and "dispatching" anything found on them, or by doing a reset of the Zephyr with the appropriate Op-Switch (back of Zephyr manual). 

- Nigel

One explanation is that the problem loco has been selected on a "jump" port on the Zephyr, and thus the loco is receiving instructions from two throttles.  One (the jump port) is set to zero.  The other (the real knob) is to a non-zero value.   The Zephyr's internals keep checking the jump port, and applying the zero value.   

Correct by either toggling through the jump ports and "dispatching" anything found on them, or by doing a reset of the Zephyr with the appropriate Op-Switch (back of Zephyr manual). 

- Nigel

Hi Nigel.

I've finally got round to trying your suggested solution.  It seems to have worked.

Thank you very much.

Steve