Rail Head Treatment Train (RHTT) in OO Gauge

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Gold

Kind-of expected this as I've just got the S-Kits modules on my bench LOL

Surely weathered should be cheaper than pristine in this case - No decals required; just paint it mud grey... :-)

Pleased to see this done finally though

Edited by Ely_South

Fantastic!. Well done Hatton's :)

Agreed. Something I’ve wanted for a while. As a rule, I don’t like weathering but in this case, it’s going to be difficult to resist.

Provision for sound isn’t mentioned, so I suppose there won’t be any. I’m thinking of the Howes sound project for Bachmann’s superb Windhoff MPV.

• RMweb Gold

Ooh nice. Now the question is will those modules be designed in such a way you could swap them around or even put them onto the Bachmann MPV units.

The bases are different for the modules between the MPV and RHTT which would mean it wouldn't be possible to swap them out.

It will however be possible to swap the modules around within the wagon itself.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 1

Fantastic news! I shall be ordering once we know more about individual wagon numbers. I also note the Sandite modules are both the same number, this is rather non-protopyical. 

Just being pedantic now to save later, NR have not used Sandite since 2009. They use a product called TrackGrip 60 which allows application up to 60 mph. 

Shall we see future releases here, with different numbers (modules and FEA-F), or these a pre-order one off production thing? 

Delighted I am, I have made S-Kits for years and made a fine trade, but have longed for a Factory Produced RHTT for over 7 years. 

Also, for a clarification, your diagram figures show the RHTT with FEA-F on Kent diagrams with class 73s. Are you producing the KFA wagon too for this? As the Kent RHTTs are on KFA wagons and not FEA since formation and introduction in November 2013 (via the Bluebell Railway).

Edited by 159220

Guest spet0114

Out of interest what manufacturer have hattons used to make these models

Probably the same Chinese factory they use to make their P class, Andrew Barley 0-4-0 etc.  As they deal directly with the factory in the same way that Hornby, Dapol etc do, you might argue that Hattons are the manufacturer....

• RMweb Gold

Provision for sound isn’t mentioned, so I suppose there won’t be any. I’m thinking of the Howes sound project for Bachmann’s superb Windhoff MPV.

Only problem is the sound file includes the mpv too, you'd only need the generator and water sounds. I'd say a 66 or loco of choice file with a water jet add on would be better. Something to suggest to Biff now? ;)

I think I'll go for lightly weathered so the 66's don't need to be totally brown ;)

To that end how heavy is the weathering you are offering going to be Dave?

Edited by PaulRhB

Maybe at a later date Hatton's can team up with Bachmann (Cl.20, Cl.37, Cl.47), Hornby (Cl.56) and Dapol (Cl.73) and make train packs!

Hattons if you are reading this I can justify models of 20142 in Blue, 20189 in Green (with headcode '7 46') and 20227 in Grey.

Edited by Paul.Uni

• RMweb Premium

Gave up waiting for a manufacture supplying a RHTT set so took the plunge about 6 weeks ago to build the S Kits RHTT Train.

Had its first out at Crewe MRE at the beginning of November, still however to fit the handrails.

The price advertised by Hattons is a lot less expensive than building the kit when you take into account the brass chassis, paint and transfers etc.

The same thing some years back when I resprayed a rake of ten 40ft intermodal containers and took hours to respray in Malcolm Logistics blue and fit the appropriate transfers.

Three months later Bachman released the same model.

Hey ho that’s railway modelling for you.....