Rail Head Treatment Train (RHTT) in OO Gauge

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Gold

I believe Holgate services them all during the summer, but only a few operate from here in the winter. The others move to scattered depots and operate from them during the 'season', http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/rhttfeaf Holgate has also been maintaining MRA and Autoballasters. Also the NRM works items into/out of there when they need loading onto a road vehicle http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/britaingeneralrail/e141c418f

Paul

Paul is correct, It's known as the National Delivery Centre and they are then moved to other depots for the season. Where those depots are varies on who wins the contract each year. The MPVs also used to all be allocated from there but as they got more modules they are outbased for most of the year and it's only when one sustains damage that they tend to return to the NDC stock and another replaces it. When SWT repainted the first MPV in pink there was a bit of whoha which is why the orange and yellow ones got vinyls not paint ;)

Dalwhinnie 7th October 2006:

attachicon.gifIMG_1792small.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_1793small.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_1794small.jpg

Hi Daddyman

Nice photos, I never get the DRS I North Wales, I always seem to get the Cl37s in Network Rail Yellow 97002, 97003 or 97004, I have never saw 97001 yet.

The only time I see DRS is on a Thursday on the Nuclear Flasks running up to Valley and back in the afternoon. They can be DRS Cl57s or Cl68s.

Regards

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

The photos are not brilliant but they show the consist of the train, and were what I based my choice of Hatton's unit on, so may help other people. If I understand correctly, this is a water-only unit. I seem to remember seeing a few years later an RHTT in Perth with only one DRS loco, and I think I read at the time that it was still water-only. Can anyone confirm? 

• RMweb Gold

Hi Daddyman

Nice photos, I never get the DRS I North Wales, I always seem to get the Cl37s in Network Rail Yellow 97002, 97003 or 97004, I have never saw 97001 yet.

The only time I see DRS is on a Thursday on the Nuclear Flasks running up to Valley and back in the afternoon. They can be DRS Cl57s or Cl68s.

Regards

Jamie

The 97s are numbered 301-304, you won’t see 301 on it as it has a different kind of ERTMS that isn’t passed out for use on the Cambrian which is where the train visits before the coast

you must have missed last years circuit as it was 56s, the 97s did the Cambrian and they do a loco swap in coleham (shrewsbury) for the 56 for the rest of the job to bidston and Holyhead

There is talk of 70s doing it this year but we’re trying to keep 56s on it as we don’t think a combo of lots of open grilles, computers, high pressure water and sludge is a good combination

The 97s are numbered 301-304, you won’t see 301 on it as it has a different kind of ERTMS that isn’t passed out for use on the Cambrian which is where the train visits before the coast

you must have missed last years circuit as it was 56s, the 97s did the Cambrian and they do a loco swap in coleham (shrewsbury) for the 56 for the rest of the job to bidston and Holyhead

There is talk of 70s doing it this year but we’re trying to keep 56s on it as we don’t think a combo of lots of open grilles, computers, high pressure water and sludge is a good combination

Hi Big Jim

Thanks for spotting that mistake BigJim, you are correct, I was in auto mode on my keyboard.

I've never seen 97301 down the North Wales line, it the only one with flush doors on the front I believe, I have managed to take tones of photo of the other 3, 97 302/303 and 304. Does the 97301 have something more within it, that the other 3 don't have? I recall a conversation but for the life of me, I can not remember what it had...!

I also have a load more photos of the RHTT's close up, when I managed to catch it in Holyhead, I have 1.15hrs to take photo of both side, so at platform height, it was ideal to take pictures of, so I used the outer side of the RHTT/Platform to take close ups of the under frame and bogies and the jet nozzle etc. and the platform side I had some great photos of the machinery side and all its hazard warning signs and follow the piping work from the Wheels to the Tanks etc.

If anyone needs more photos, just let me know.

Regards

Jamie

As I put 97301 has different ERTMS so can’t be used on the Cambrian coast (unless it's tucked inside another 97 in multi and only providing power)

It doesn’t get out much but has been along the coast on yellow trains that don’t need to use the ERTMS signalling

Holyhead, nov 2016

https://flic.kr/p/PBShCi

Nice one, BigJim

That was the acronym I was looking, I wonder if ERTMS will be scraped once we leave the EU... (Yeah Right...lol) and wow that link was in Holyhead of 97301, Nice one bud, You don't happen to know when its next this way do you even if it is 2am in the morning, it would be worth it, as I'm more on the Caernarfon to Porthmadog road, but love all things Yellow on the railway. 

Regards

Jamie

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Right in time for RHTT season, we have received all of the colour samples of our forthcoming RHTT wagons.  The wagons display an awesome amount of detail, some of it so small you need a magnifying glass to read it!  The RHTT water modules feature over 50 individual prints each and the other modules have even more.

With all of this detail and printing it has taken slightly longer than usual to create the samples which has meant production has slipped back slightly.  We now expect the wagons to be delivered in early February next year and we will update everyone with an exact date when we have it.

Clean samples of the weathered models have been provided for us to create weathering masters to be used in the production of weathered models and we will showcase these when available.

We are very happy with how these look and would love to know what you think as well.

For those attending the Great Electric Train Show in Milton Keynes this weekend we will have these samples on display alongside updates on our other projects.

Order yours today HERE

Cheers,

Dave

post-28458-0-75001100-1539270693_thumb.jpg
post-28458-0-73980400-1539270726_thumb.jpg
post-28458-0-89057000-1539270711_thumb.jpg
post-28458-0-66722400-1539270705_thumb.jpg
post-28458-0-18765500-1539270700_thumb.jpg
post-28458-0-12104900-1539270720_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

Just this morning saw a nice consist going under Holgate bridge - the pair of wagons 642021 https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/rhttfeaf/eb96ba7e6 and  642033 https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/rhttfeaf/eb96ba7f4  with 20302 and 20305 topping and tailing https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brclass20/eb96a659b , but hauled by class 68 Defiant. Unfortunately it really was an unexpected treat when I was going into town so I  wasn't prepared for a photo opportunity.

Paul

• RMweb Gold

I must of missed the westhersd samples....am I able to change my order?

Hi Great Western,

That's absolutely no issue - please drop us an email at info@hattons.co.uk or give us a call on 0151 733 3655 and we'll be able to amend your order as you wish.

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 1

Hells teeth, from these photos alone, I reckon these are the best RTR 00 gauge wagon ever.

Can I justify odering more than 3 sets.......might have to get another weathered set though.?...

• RMweb Premium

Hi all,

Right in time for RHTT season, we have received all of the colour samples of our forthcoming RHTT wagons.  The wagons display an awesome amount of detail, some of it so small you need a magnifying glass to read it!  The RHTT water modules feature over 50 individual prints each and the other modules have even more.

With all of this detail and printing it has taken slightly longer than usual to create the samples which has meant production has slipped back slightly.  We now expect the wagons to be delivered in early February next year and we will update everyone with an exact date when we have it.

Clean samples of the weathered models have been provided for us to create weathering masters to be used in the production of weathered models and we will showcase these when available.

We are very happy with how these look and would love to know what you think as well.

For those attending the Great Electric Train Show in Milton Keynes this weekend we will have these samples on display alongside updates on our other projects.

Order yours today HERE

Cheers,

Dave

These look amazing! I for one am not bothered in the slightest by the delay in production. I have been waiting for these photos to appear to decide how many sets to order. 

Originally I was going to order one of each set in pristine condition, although now I am thinking of trying to afford three or four sets. 

Really looking forward to buying these. 

Well done Hattons! Brilliant work!

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Order yours today HERE

Cheers,

Dave

Having seen these, and the other offerings at GET, you guys are turning in to a force to be reckoned with. I spoke to a Dave but I'm not sure if it was you or the other Dave? to say how impressed I was, and as for the 66.....if it doesn't derail on Oak Road I think it could be an expensive year for me!  :laugh: It's just a shame I live at the opposite end of the country as it would've been good to try the 66 out along with the RHTT. Keep up the great work  :good:

Edited by scoobyra

Having seen them on the stand at Great Electric Train Show and running on Greig Mackenzie's lovely Poulton Le Fylde (courtesy of those friendly Scousers) I must say these are simply delicious! You'll need to take care with them, so many little details and the like but simply superb. Not my era or thing but I have ordered some. Now to get a sound fitted set?!

Edited by gridwatcher

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Parked my car in Selby station yesterday to be treated to the sound,of 2 Class 20’s heading towards Hull, sounded great then heard them thrash in the distance. Not really my era this stuff but these trains are really cool amongst today’s dull railway.

That will have been DRS 20302 & 20305. 

20007, 20205 and 20303 remain at York.