Frothing for 2018

Crepello

New tooling Class 25/3 and/or Class 44/45/46 would make a lot of sense.

On the Steam front how about a newly-tooled Crab?

These would all suit my location/era.

I would also like, but don't expect to see, any one of these; Class 28, Class 105, un-rebuilt Patriot.

• Like 1

25/3

new tool peaks

31/4

I think probably only 25/3 a good bet from that list

mk2s in regional railways

vea vans

warflats

warwells

new tool pgas maybe - to out do competition?

not sure any of them will be announced though

new class 90 or 91 maybe?

Tim

• Like 1

A class 91 would then need new Mark 4 coaches to go with it - unless someone takes them on post IEP I think there is less chance of a re-tooling of the 91.

But the class 90 should be a natural development of it's 4mm cousin likewise a 319 in 4mm is probably to be expected too.

Not sure about a Crab but a Stanier Mogul should also be a natural progression.

Doubtful we will see a class 24/1 in either scale from Bachmann if SLW reach their target votes and move into production. 

• RMweb Premium

Class 25/3 again.......

Ferry vans.....take your pick

Mk1 BSO and RB / RBR

Autic, 3 axle car carrier.

Class 47 with sound

Mk2a BFK they only have to put a yellow stripe on the BSO and do a new interior.

3H or even more dribbly a 6L

• RMweb Premium

I suspect that once again we will see very very little. In terms of new tooling, no more than 1 loco, type of coach and one type of wagon. We may also be offered new ready to plonk buildings that will be described as new models to make a minimal announcement sound larger and more exciting. 

• RMweb Premium

There will also probably be a couple of sets that will generate pages of debate about what to do with half the bits in it that nobody really wants...

Edited by John M Upton
  • Like 1

With (I think) 3 new tooling steamers and 3 "modern image" locos/MUs still to appear I suspect Kris is right and, despite liking new announcements as much as the next man, think that would probably be a good thing.

Using the OO range as a guide maybe 1 of  a 158, 20/3 if DRS has proved a good seller, and as others have suggested a 25/3. No idea on the steam front.

Would love to see a scaled down VEA and OTA especially as the existing OO model and potential for scaling down makes them understandably less attractive to those nice chaps at Revolution

Then again last year's 319 struck me as pretty left-field so who knows

Rob

Rob

• RMweb Premium

Last year I asked the froth for a northern rail liveried class 150. I'd still like one please.

Maybe now Northern has gone the way of all the other franchises in my modelling timeframe I might actually get lucky this time. Or next time.

• RMweb Gold

I like to think whatever comes along, is to the same quality & fidelity as the Peckett & the toad.

So, a reworked GW large prairie, and an early-era pannier.

Oh! And an early-era iron ore hopper. A proper one, not the generic ones we sadly see all too often.

Thanks,

Ian.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I like to think whatever comes along, is to the same quality & fidelity as the Peckett & the toad.So, a reworked GW large prairie, and an early-era pannier.Oh! And an early-era iron ore hopper. A proper one, not the generic ones we sadly see all too often.Thanks,Ian.

Perhaps the OP could clarify the title of this thread, as I'm beginning to suspect that posting it in the Farish section wasn't a big enough hint ;)

Edit: not picking on Ian in particular as it seems others may also have fallen into the trap.

Edited by Flying Pig
  • Like 3

Class 25/3

Class 40 Disc version BR Blue

Class 44/45/46

Class 47/4, Large Logo Blue, unnamed (No flush fronts!)

Class 47/0, Civil Engineers 'Dutch'

Class 47/4, Provincial 47475

Class 87

Class 90

MK1 BG, NSE

MK1 BG, all Blue

MK1 BG, ScotRail

MK1 GUV, Blue/Grey

MK2 BFK, NSE

MK2 BFK, InterCity

MK2A coaches, Regional Railways

MK2A coaches, ScotRail

• Like 2

I'd personally like to see the following (the year it comes out and manufacturer is irrelevant to me):-
- Class 47 (other variants like the cutaway bufferbeams etc.)
- Class 87
- Class 90

Reliveries:-
- Class 24 RTC
- Class 37 Europhoenix
- Class 47 DRS
- Class 47 Colas Railfreight
- Class 47 Virgin Trains
- Class 47 WCRC
- Class 47 RfD European
- Class 47 EWS

• Like 1