Railway Modeller Next issue page

kevinlms

• RMweb Premium

Hi

The Peco Railway Modeller next issue page seems to have gone AWOL.

Normally its here, but just get a message to subscribe.

https://www.pecopublications.co.uk/railway-modeller.html

The Continental Modeller one works fine.

https://www.pecopublications.co.uk/continental-modeller.html

• RMweb Premium

Do you not think that as the RM team were preparing for Warley and setting up in readiness for the weekend may have interrupted the normal planning.

Come on put your brain in gear, I know it’s early.

• RMweb Premium

Do you not think that as the RM team were preparing for Warley and setting up in readiness for the weekend may have interrupted the normal planning.

Come on put your brain in gear, I know it’s early.

Usually it appears on the date of issue, which according to my calendar, was the 9th of November, so I don't see the relevance of Warley, this weekend.

Its not that early in the day to me, but thanks for your comments.

• RMweb Gold

The December issue hasn't made it here yet!

Ah. You see, it was (fairly) early here, and I hadn't noticed you location...........

How much later than the UK publication date do you usually get the RM (or other UK mags) as a matter of interest?

John

• RMweb Premium

Ah. You see, it was (fairly) early here, and I hadn't noticed you location...........

How much later than the UK publication date do you usually get the RM (or other UK mags) as a matter of interest?

John

According to the sticker from the local newsagents, the September issue, arrived there on the 15 October. With a publication date of 10 August, that makes about 9 weeks. I COULD get it quicker by subscribing from the UK direct (and pay more), but I'm not fussed. The writing on the page, doesn't change in the meantime!

The October issue, is probably waiting for me!

I purchased my first RM in November 1973, all from local sources and have only missed out on 3. Two were due to the totally incompetent new owner of my then local newsagent. I reported her demise on RMweb a few years ago - suffice to say, she had some weird ideas on running a newsagents and killed her business irretrievably within a month and it took 5 months before she was kicked out the shop and unable to sell the business!

The other one, was never sent to the newsagency trade from the UK, for some unknown reason.

BTW the thread title is wrong, it should be the CURRENT issue, not the next one, which is why I asked why the December issue details aren't there.

Edited for wrong month in the first line, which made the whole post pointless!

Edited by kevinlms

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi

The Peco Railway Modeller next issue page seems to have gone AWOL.

Normally its here, but just get a message to subscribe.

https://www.pecopublications.co.uk/railway-modeller.html

The Continental Modeller one works fine.

https://www.pecopublications.co.uk/continental-modeller.html

An update from the Peco website.

Latest News Check back regularly for the latest news from the Railway Modeller and Continental Modeller offices...
Due to difficulties with our website

16/11/2017

Continental Modeller December 2017  Read more..

Our website is experiencing difficulties so

08/11/2017

Railway Modeller December 2017  Read more..

Text from

• 1 month later...

here is a listing of the contents of the December 2017 issue of Railway Modeller, out now

December 2017 – vol 68 No.806

TWO FREE EXTRAS WITH THIS ISSUE!
Exclusive Metcalfe 4mm scale card kit and Parkside wagon kit catalogue
The Metcalfe card kit builds up into a coal merchant's office; the Parkside range (now under the Peco Group umbrella) is illustrated with colour photographs for the first time.

RAILWAY OF THE MONTH
Llangerisech
A layout in 2FS, set in mid-Wales and with the impressive station building (a model of that at Llanidloes) as its centrepiece. Nigel Ashton explains all.

PLAN OF THE MONTH
The climb to Woodhead
Graham Nicholas was set three criteria by his client for a layout project – LNER, main line and in the hills. An OO gauge trans-Pennine-based project is now under way.

SCALE DRAWINGS
20hp Simplex
Peco Design Engineer David Malton built an O-14 model of one of the fleet he knew on the former Abbey Light Railway; these 7mm drawings will aid a replacement.

PROJECT OF THE MONTH
A BR Hiab fitted lorry

A 1990s-period service vehicle, constructed in 4mm scale from Road Transport Images components and part of a Herpa kit by Mark Darragh.

FEATURES

Passage to Penmaenpool
In conversation with editor Steve Flint, master structure modeller Geoff Taylor reveals his influences and journey through the hobby to his current 4mm scale layout.

Bachmann PO modifications
A recent ready-to-run release by one of the major manufacturers – in a Settle & Carlisle area livery – is given a gentle makeover by Ian Nuttall

Cadham Bay
At nearly 40' long, the latest OO exhibition layout is the biggest to be created by Glenrothes MRC. Member Stephen Taylor describes how it came about.

Bristol St Philips
Rob Mills describes this model of the erstwhile Midland Railway station, situated not far from the better known Temple Meads, built in 4mm by the Thornbury & South Gloucestershire MRC.

Tylwyth Teg
John White reports on this, the third incarnation of his O-16.5 layout, operated by him and his crew regularly at his home in Western Australia.

Modifying Peco points
Peter J Dennis was faced with a dilemma when needing specific pieces of pointwork for his N gauge layout; he chose to adapt items to suit his purpose.

Oxthorne
A compact rural terminus in N gauge, constructed by James Bowden; two firsts for him in the build were the use of DCC and static grass. 

James Street
A photographic preview of this extensive N gauge layout by Steve Wright, which measures 20' x 11' and is booked to be at the Warley Show at the NEC. 

Lancaster Green Ayre
This work-in-progress O gauge recreation of the Midland's station by Jamie Guest will make a one-off appearance at the NEC before relocation to France. 

Forest Green Junction
Former railwayman Graham Mann packed a lot of OO into a space of only 8' x 5', recreating the 1980s/1990s scene on two levels.

RAILWAY MODELLING EXPLORED
A winter's tale

Paul Begg and his team set this large N gauge layout in winter, as few layouts depict this season, and embarked on recreating snow and ice effects.

Metcalfe coal merchant's office

Craig Tiley shows you how to get the best from this month's free cover-mounted kit.

Adding cattle to wagons

The livesatock trade was once very important to the railways, with animals transported in purpose-built vehicles. Peter Harrison tackled the seldom-seen sight of loaded wagons in 4mm scale.

REGULARS

Talking Points
Topical issues from the world of railway modelling. This month, editor Steve Flint goes behind the scenes of Hatton's, the very active Widnes-based retailer.

Comment
Opinions and observations across the field of railway modelling. This month, John Rodway ponders the relevance of real model railway clubs in a digital world.

Readers’ Letters

Latest Reviews
Including this month the Bulleid 1Co-Co1 in OO from the Kernow Model Rail Centre; the Dapol LMS 3F 0-6-0T in O; a Lee Marsh Model Co GWR clerestory brake third in 7mm; 58' ex-LSWR coaches in OO from Hornby; the retooled Class 40 and more in N from Graham Farish; the LSWR D15 4-4-0 new from OO Works; and airbrush maintenance essentials from Iwata.

Book Reviews, Christmas cards and calendars

News
Including a look at progress with the Dapol N gauge Class 68 and GWR streamlined railcar in OO; and exclusive Class 50 in N from DCC Supplies; engineering samples of the D600 Warship in OO from the Kernow Model Rail Centre; enhanced U-Drive steam sounds from South West Digital; 3D printed locos from SSC; and much more.

Societies & Clubs
The hobby's best guide to What's On around the UK and beyond.

• RMweb Premium

here is a listing of the contents of the December 2017 issue of Railway Modeller, out now

December 2017 – vol 68 No.806

TWO FREE EXTRAS WITH THIS ISSUE!
Exclusive Metcalfe 4mm scale card kit and Parkside wagon kit catalogue
The Metcalfe card kit builds up into a coal merchant's office; the Parkside range (now under the Peco Group umbrella) is illustrated with colour photographs for the first time.

RAILWAY OF THE MONTH
Llangerisech
A layout in 2FS, set in mid-Wales and with the impressive station building (a model of that at Llanidloes) as its centrepiece. Nigel Ashton explains all.

PLAN OF THE MONTH
The climb to Woodhead
Graham Nicholas was set three criteria by his client for a layout project – LNER, main line and in the hills. An OO gauge trans-Pennine-based project is now under way.

SCALE DRAWINGS
20hp Simplex
Peco Design Engineer David Malton built an O-14 model of one of the fleet he knew on the former Abbey Light Railway; these 7mm drawings will aid a replacement.

PROJECT OF THE MONTH
A BR Hiab fitted lorry

A 1990s-period service vehicle, constructed in 4mm scale from Road Transport Images components and part of a Herpa kit by Mark Darragh.

FEATURES

Passage to Penmaenpool
In conversation with editor Steve Flint, master structure modeller Geoff Taylor reveals his influences and journey through the hobby to his current 4mm scale layout.

Bachmann PO modifications
A recent ready-to-run release by one of the major manufacturers – in a Settle & Carlisle area livery – is given a gentle makeover by Ian Nuttall

Cadham Bay
At nearly 40' long, the latest OO exhibition layout is the biggest to be created by Glenrothes MRC. Member Stephen Taylor describes how it came about.

Bristol St Philips
Rob Mills describes this model of the erstwhile Midland Railway station, situated not far from the better known Temple Meads, built in 4mm by the Thornbury & South Gloucestershire MRC.

Tylwyth Teg
John White reports on this, the third incarnation of his O-16.5 layout, operated by him and his crew regularly at his home in Western Australia.

Modifying Peco points
Peter J Dennis was faced with a dilemma when needing specific pieces of pointwork for his N gauge layout; he chose to adapt items to suit his purpose.

Oxthorne
A compact rural terminus in N gauge, constructed by James Bowden; two firsts for him in the build were the use of DCC and static grass. 

James Street
A photographic preview of this extensive N gauge layout by Steve Wright, which measures 20' x 11' and is booked to be at the Warley Show at the NEC. 

Lancaster Green Ayre
This work-in-progress O gauge recreation of the Midland's station by Jamie Guest will make a one-off appearance at the NEC before relocation to France. 

Forest Green Junction
Former railwayman Graham Mann packed a lot of OO into a space of only 8' x 5', recreating the 1980s/1990s scene on two levels.

RAILWAY MODELLING EXPLORED
A winter's tale

Paul Begg and his team set this large N gauge layout in winter, as few layouts depict this season, and embarked on recreating snow and ice effects.

Metcalfe coal merchant's office

Craig Tiley shows you how to get the best from this month's free cover-mounted kit.

Adding cattle to wagons

The livesatock trade was once very important to the railways, with animals transported in purpose-built vehicles. Peter Harrison tackled the seldom-seen sight of loaded wagons in 4mm scale.

REGULARS

Talking Points
Topical issues from the world of railway modelling. This month, editor Steve Flint goes behind the scenes of Hatton's, the very active Widnes-based retailer.

Comment
Opinions and observations across the field of railway modelling. This month, John Rodway ponders the relevance of real model railway clubs in a digital world.

Readers’ Letters

Latest Reviews
Including this month the Bulleid 1Co-Co1 in OO from the Kernow Model Rail Centre; the Dapol LMS 3F 0-6-0T in O; a Lee Marsh Model Co GWR clerestory brake third in 7mm; 58' ex-LSWR coaches in OO from Hornby; the retooled Class 40 and more in N from Graham Farish; the LSWR D15 4-4-0 new from OO Works; and airbrush maintenance essentials from Iwata.

Book Reviews, Christmas cards and calendars

News
Including a look at progress with the Dapol N gauge Class 68 and GWR streamlined railcar in OO; and exclusive Class 50 in N from DCC Supplies; engineering samples of the D600 Warship in OO from the Kernow Model Rail Centre; enhanced U-Drive steam sounds from South West Digital; 3D printed locos from SSC; and much more.

Societies & Clubs
The hobby's best guide to What's On around the UK and beyond.

Maybe so.

But the website ought to be showing the 2018 February issue by now. So the website has been 'experiencing difficulties' for 3 issues now!

Here is the details.

https://reader.exacteditions.com/issues/61527/thumbs

I contacted Peco about this and they replied (quickly) with this:

Message body

Dear Steve,

Many thanks for your message, received via our website. We ought firstly to apologise for the inconvenience, but this is our old website. We are undertaking a ground-up redesign of the whole Peco group website(s) – including the products, the Pecorama tourist site and all: this is to be hosted by a different company from the one we used previously. As you can imagine this is, unfortunately, not an overnight exercise: the new site is not yet ready to go live, and the old one has ceased to allow updates (cover photos etc) to be posted. We hope that this downtime will not be too lengthy, and we thank you for your forbearance.
Kind regards,
Tim Rayner

Tim Rayner, Production Editor
Peco Publications & Publicity Ltd.,
Registered in England, Company No.501541
Registered address: Underleys, Beer, Seaton, Devon EX12 3NA.
This email (and any attachments) are confidential. If you are not the named addressee you may not use, copy or disclose the content to any other person.
If received in error, please notify the sender immediately.
Any views expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the Peco group of companies.
Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Peco accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

So now you know :yes:

steve

• RMweb Premium

I contacted Peco about this and they replied (quickly) with this:

To Message body

Dear Steve,

Many thanks for your message, received via our website. We ought firstly to apologise for the inconvenience, but this is our old website. We are undertaking a ground-up redesign of the whole Peco group website(s) – including the products, the Pecorama tourist site and all: this is to be hosted by a different company from the one we used previously. As you can imagine this is, unfortunately, not an overnight exercise: the new site is not yet ready to go live, and the old one has ceased to allow updates (cover photos etc) to be posted. We hope that this downtime will not be too lengthy, and we thank you for your forbearance.

Kind regards,

Tim Rayner

Tim Rayner, Production Editor

Peco Publications & Publicity Ltd.,

Registered in England, Company No.501541

Registered address: Underleys, Beer, Seaton, Devon EX12 3NA.

This email (and any attachments) are confidential. If you are not the named addressee you may not use, copy or disclose the content to any other person.

If received in error, please notify the sender immediately.

Any views expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the Peco group of companies.

Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Peco accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

So now you know :yes:

steve</p>

Glad to see that you received a reply. I sent an email sometime in December on this topic and still waiting.

Glad to see that you received a reply. I sent an email sometime in December on this topic and still waiting.

Quite possibly you'd have been better sending a letter, written in your finest copperplate script on the best quality hand-made cartridge paper and the envelope sealed with your family crest embossed in the wax.  :) 

G.

• RMweb Premium

Quite possibly you'd have been better sending a letter, written in your finest copperplate script on the best quality hand-made cartridge paper and the envelope sealed with your family crest embossed in the wax.  :)

G.

A scribbled note, sent by fax is more likely from me! That's if I can remember how to get my old XP PC to send a fax. I know it does.

Since you have little regard for Peco, perhaps I should merely address it to PECO?

G.

No, that would right be for MRJ.

steve

• Like 1