N gauge Crowdfunded APT-P (Warley announcement)

DJM Dave

Hi,

my initial thoughts were, on the APT, 2 x half sets, (of a 5 car each), one set powered 1 set dummy, with separate coaches and a trailer available for shorter than 10 rakes, or longer than 10. so there would basically be 3 different numbered trailers available ( inc 1 each in each set).

stripped down, no frills, hopefully 1 decoder rather than 3. but you can get cheap 6 pin decoders now so 3 wont be bad costs wise, especially if you put a good 6 pin in the motorised unit.

lose the through wiring to save on that too.

i havn't asked for a quote yet, as a decision needs to be taken on format first that we can all 'live with'.

As for the loco's, i have the drawings for the 81-85, but thats for the future.

cheers

Dave

Sounds good Dave. 

It seems such a shame that we will not get the all singing and dancing 14 car version, I am not made of money myself, in fact, I will really have to save hard to be able to afford it, having the staged payments method would be the only way I could get one, but to me it would be more than worth the pain once it was running round my track.

Happy to go with Dave's cut down suggestion.

Is it going to be put on DToS web site as an option so we can order the bits or change our order to the bits we want?

How do we get the revised offer if it's agreed to all the N gauge market?

I feel the HST prototype maybe missed out due to marketing not being broadcast enough.

Regards

Arthur Hodgett

If the existing pre orders become combination pack orders to the same train already ordered then then the lesser individual packs can be added as additional order options.

So an existing 14 car order becomes a a+b+c+d+e pack order where a are the ends b is a power car c is coach set 1 d is cach set 2 and e is the second power car, or something like that.

I am happy if my 14-car set becomes what Snowwolflair describes above, or a similar concept. I can live with a few less bells and whistles if it will make the project happen.

Happy to go with Dave's cut down suggestion.

Is it going to be put on DToS web site as an option so we can order the bits or change our order to the bits we want?

How do we get the revised offer if it's agreed to all the N gauge market?

I feel the HST prototype maybe missed out due to marketing not being broadcast enough.

Regards

Arthur Hodgett

as soon as i have a quote i think we can live with, i'll be in talks with Michael to agree the viability etc.

however, the factory tell me that we might get a cad/cam early but not a tooling slot, as between now and Christmas there is currently only 1 or 2 tooling slots available.

so this one, just might sit there until early new year before going into tooling apparently. (that's if it gets enough crowdfunders).

cheers

Dave

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

I really hope the battery switch does not get put to off on this one but it does seem likely if a long gap occurs, I hope "readers" keep up with the  oversize and real photos pages on here.

The in  long gestation 3D print opus has moved onto power car motorisation with Kato parts over an idea with farish parts so that sounds better and may yet be the way forward.  

Meanwhile I enjoy the modern incarnation and my HSTs on the layout.  And of course the voyagers !!  Layout is 12" to the foot and an N mini version..

Robert  

• RMweb Premium

Yes I'd been wondering if there was any progress on this, or if it's being left to wither and die quietly!

The photos from the scanning party look interesting and I look forward to seeing the OO gauge one.

When i spoke to Dave on the scanning day he confirmed the low numbers for the N version but also indicated they had picked up since the confirmation of the OO version.  He plans to run it up to Christmas at this stage to see if the situation improves enough.

When i spoke to Dave on the scanning day he confirmed the low numbers for the N version but also indicated they had picked up since the confirmation of the OO version.  He plans to run it up to Christmas at this stage to see if the situation improves enough.

Hopefully Dave will clarify if this is "holding out" for the current selection of units or the proposed revised units which can be built into a full 14-car set? The latter seemed to gain some interest in the group here and could be a more viable option.

Tony

Hi everyone,

I've started to get the OO gauge rough renders back from the laser scanning company, and please don't worry, there is still work to do to refine them, and they are not indicative of the final look of the scan.

the bogie is a laser scan render and is included to show how the model should look. Apparently the bogies, because of the complex detail and shape are being modelled separately with more 'interesting' software.

more when i have it.

Cheers

Dave

post-1144-0-56284300-1529998639_thumb.png

post-1144-0-29428300-1529998653_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Hi everyone,

I've started to get rough renders back from the laser scanning company, and please don't worry, there is still work to do to refine them, and they are not indicative of the final look of the scan.

the bogie is a laser scan render and is included to show how the model should look. Apparently the bogies, because of the complex detail and shape are being modelled separately with more 'interesting' software.

more when i have it.

Cheers

Dave

That's a good start Dave. Lets hope the N gauge versions see the light of day. Looking forward to more updates.

Best regards,

Jeremy

• 1 month later...

Hi Mike,

nothing, and i'm truly pushing.

i think they are worried (they monitor here by the way) that its not worth the quoting due to the poor pickup on the full fat N gauge version, but i've assured them that none of us know truly, until its put to you, the modeller to decide.

would be nice to confirm a price this weekend for the Crewe Heritage APT anniversary show. I'm going with a stand and so are Kernow if anyone wants to drop by and say hello?

cheers

Dave

Hi everyone,

At last a reduced price quote from China for the less than full fat APT.

Please remember this is for a plain interior, no Tilt, no interior lighting, no through wiring (so will need 3 decoders i'm afraid) etc (it does and will have directional lighting and DCCsound capable)

The costs are based on 1000 units in total but may be a movable feast depending on the final numbers through a mix of each set.

Please note, that this is purely (at this stage) an expression of interest, and a page will be put on my web site for 'expressions of interest and please do not place an expression on the page when it goes live unless you are certain you want one, as your 'expression' may be the one that puts the model into production, and as numbers are tight and anyone who drops out or in fact does not have any intention of ordering will be doing the whole project a disservice. ! will not be doing pre-orders until an 'expression' break even figure is reached through whatever mix of units interested in.

Once the pre-order limit is reached i will then add the relevant page to my website allowing real pre-ordering and secure payment for the 50% deposit. Balance would be due 4 weeks before the train packs ship. 

As follows;

SET2  0002 #370006 +370007    5 car set with black front window      £330.00

SET3  0003 #370006 +370003    7 car set black front window             £395.00

SET4  0004 #370004 +370002    7 car set full yellow front end            £385.00

SET5  0006 #370006 +370003    10 car set black front window           £485.00

SET6  0007 #370005 +370002    14 car set black front window           £550.00

Prices include VAT, shipping to the UK, tooling, design etc, but do not include postage to you when they arrive in the UK. You will be asked to pay this as an addition to the final payment for the model.

• Like 6