N gauge Crowdfunded APT-P (Warley announcement)

DJM Dave

• RMweb Premium

I exchanged emails with Dave on this topic and there are no updates hence no emails. Numbers remain lower than the original project.

This is a project that I am convinced a market exists, if there is enough interest for the APT-E numbers to hit the "Go" button, the far more useful APT-P must  have a chance. Some serious marketing to re energise interest is required IMO.

After over 14 months, I think this is dead.

It was a rule 1 purchase for most, I mean where are the rest of the locos and EMUs that ran alongside it?

APT-E by comparison doesn't need wires and has plenty of other stock to run with it.

Dave

• 1 month later...

Another two months on, and anyone expressing interest in this is none the wiser as to progress. In my case, I have not received a reassuring email, or seen any active marketing of the project. Life support has been removed I think, so no longer in my budgeted spending for the next 2 or 3 years. I cannot imagine it will be resuscitated.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold

If one does not advertise, then people don't buy.

Even Heinz learnt that lesson when they stopped advertising their baked beans.  Sales dropped and they had to restart the "Beans meanz Heinz" advertising campaign.

I know Dave is very busy with the various models, but he really should find the time, or get help with, some marketing.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Colin_McLeod said:

If one does not advertise, then people don't buy.

Even Heinz learnt that lesson when they stopped advertising their baked beans.  Sales dropped and they had to restart the "Beans meanz Heinz" advertising campaign.

I know Dave is very busy with the various models, but he really should find the time, or get help with, some marketing.

And particularly so when competing products are appearing.

• Agree 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/04/2019 at 18:43, Stu from EGDL said:

Hi Gang,

Never had any acknowledgment of my EoI or any email updates or newsletters...so I don’t know if I’m one of the 118 or not.

Later,

Stu in EGYP.

It's not looking like it'll make much difference

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • AY Mod locked this topic