NeilHB

Sentinel Y1/Y3 in 7mm scale

On 01/09/2019 at 18:44, Dava said:

BR(E) Departmental 39 has been added to the first production run, good news though be aware that this loco [ex Lowestoft] spent 10 years only at Chesterton Jct rail depot, Cambridge in this guise.

Dava

That's great news, must get one when they are released as I would have seen No.39 at Lowestoft many, many years ago on my annual visits to Lowestoft  to stay with the grandparents. As my grandfather was a fitter at Lowestoft shed he probably even worked on it.

Keith

• Like 1

Tower Models have just announced expected delivery towards the end of October!

Kubes

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 11/09/2019 at 11:34, Kubes said:

Tower Models have just announced expected delivery towards the end of October!

Kubes

And October came and is about gone and still nothing. Why am I not surprised? Be a nice surprise when it turns up, it's not needed, just a "nice to have". 

It's a bit like sitting in a traffic jam, no amount of fretting really helps.

Phil T.

On the Tower Models site yesterday: they're on the big boat, DC before Xmas, DCC early 2020

"At the same time Dapol have also confirmed that the long awaited Y1/Y3 Sentinel are now in transit from China which hopefully means they should arrive hopefully in 5 weeks time and then just have to clear customs and transportation to Dapol. I would guess this means they should arrive sometime around the second week of December if everything goes to plan. The DCC and sound fitting is being done here in the UK so these will be available approximately a month after the basic DC version. We are now taking advance orders for these for immediate despatch as soon as they become available. Advance ordering is highly recommended as this is bound to be popular."

Dava

Hattons have had my advance order since they first announced it about 12 months ago! Ordered it to cheer myself up whilst I was between houses, I moved in 11 months ago.

Phil T. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Tower Models have been in touch to say that mine is ready for posting. :yahoo_mini:

I am awaiting the sound fitted version which will be delivered in January. I am then going to re-number and respray it into correct the GWR green.

Cheers, Ade.

Edited by Adrian Stevenson
  • Informative/Useful 1

Hattons advise my order for the  'ISEBROOK" version is being processed, so a nice Christmas present! Has anyone seen an illustration of the Departmental 39 version? Looking forward to comments on rmweb re this long awaited model.

John 

My #2 Isebrook works OK on DC and even better with a Zimo MX636D decoder, just purrs along nicely.  At first I thought the firebox flicker was not working, as looking into the spacious cab no sign of a flicker.  Silly me its more an ashpan glow than firebox flicker being directly under the boiler/firebox but now I'm happy with it.

Norman

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 12:10, H16LSWR said:

Hattons advise my order for the  'ISEBROOK" version is being processed, so a nice Christmas present! Has anyone seen an illustration of the Departmental 39 version? Looking forward to comments on rmweb re this long awaited model.

John 

There's a picture of Departmental No.39 on the latest newsletter from Kernow Model Rail Centre.

Ordered a sound-fitted version myself (which Dapol tell me won't be with me until the New Year) as No.39 was shedded at Lowestoft in 1957 (when I was 12) where my grandfather was a fitter at the engine shed and I probably saw the loco when I was there for the summer holidays.

Keith

• Like 2

Well, mine arrived from a well known Sheffield-based retailer yesterday. Very nice work. Now, if only I had an O-gauge layout to run it on...

IMG_20191222_143536.jpg

• Like 11

Any news on the DCC & sound fitted Dapol Sentinels?? It's February & the DC ones arrived nearly 2 months ago....

Dava 

I had a note from Hattons saying expected Feb/March  a couple of weeks ago.

• Thanks 1