Dapol Announced an O Gauge GWR 45XX 2-6-2?

MGR Hooper!

On 06/10/2020 at 22:52, dpgibbons said:

According to Tower Models, Dapol are now saying delivery won't be until Easter 2021.

With it being very unlikely that we can blow money on going to shows before then many of us will have had time to save up in the meantime......

Les

12 hours ago, Les1952 said:

With it being very unlikely that we can blow money on going to shows before then many of us will have had time to save up in the meantime......

Les

I admire your optimism! 

I find that life has a way of noticing you have a little money put together and throws an unforeseen bill at you to redress this. 

• Agree 6

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Jenny Emily said:

I find that life has a way of noticing you have a little money put together and throws an unforeseen bill at you to redress this. 

Presumably they have had the same problem if they are only just starting to save now, 3 1/2 years after it was announced!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, Piemanlarger said:

Any one know if this is still on track ?

It's something to look forward to in these depressing times !

The previously reported order of releases had the Mk1s, bolster E, conflats and 122 railcar ahead of it so can probably gauge from when they actually start to come out. 

To be honest the only concrete timings we get are once they are at sea and then its about 6 weeks. Until then I tend to take no notice! 

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Piemanlarger said:

My local retailer told me there is no sign or news of this he can find!

So I'm presuming easter is not on the timetable ?

Least not this year!

presumably we will be none the wiser until the production batch is shipped

a few of us asked on the facebook page last night and await an update 

• Like 1

On 23/02/2021 at 14:46, sidmouth said:

presumably we will be none the wiser until the production batch is shipped

a few of us asked on the facebook page last night and await an update 

Any reply off Dapol??

If the 45xx is due in April I'll have to hold off going mad on an Ebay loco on Saturday lol

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Piemanlarger said:

I'd love to know this is going to be here for easter as I could make it a birthday present. 

But my optimism is turning towards a Heljan 61xx sadly !

Maybe a nice kit built one will come up on ebay lol

there are some kit built ones on eBay, I wouldn't grant them the word nice though. Like you a heavily discounted Churchward Mogul or even a nice railcar are tugging at the ring fenced funds 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Piemanlarger said:

I'd love to know this is going to be here for easter as I could make it a birthday present. 

Seems a tad unlikely given it takes longer than that to ship.

On 08/03/2021 at 22:52, Hal Nail said:

Seems a tad unlikely given it takes longer than that to ship.

I think your right.

A san chen 45xx has come up for sale so I'm going to see if I can get that?

I dont see a Dapol 45xx in next 6 months and unfortunately time is not really on my side so if I can get the sJ at least I can have the pleasure of that this year.

14 hours ago, Piemanlarger said:

I think your right.

A san chen 45xx has come up for sale so I'm going to see if I can get that?

I dont see a Dapol 45xx in next 6 months and unfortunately time is not really on my side so if I can get the sJ at least I can have the pleasure of that this year.

eBay perchance ? 

6 minutes ago, sidmouth said:

bidding has got beyond where I was willing to go with a couple of very keen bidders

We all have our limits lol

I'd love to own it but there is a point at which i will have to hope I live long enough (c) to see the Dapol one !!

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, Piemanlarger said:

I'd love to own it but there is a point at which i will have to hope I live long enough (c) to see the Dapol one !!

I picked up a professionally made Mitchell for not much more than that has got to but they would both have fetched a lot more until Dapol (and others) £200 locos changed the dial.

If the Dapol is comparable in looks to the original Lionheart then at the advertised prices, there would be no contest for me.

Either way hope you get your loco!

Edited by Hal Nail

23 minutes ago, sidmouth said:

now over £500 . There was a kit built one lurking on ebay , buffer beam had come off ,just doesn't look quite there as a 45xx 

Well a Dapol one is going to cost 420 and I prefer the slope tanks.

So I've pushed it as far as I dare.

Dont think it will be mine tomorrow so just have to hope the Dapol one makes it soon or just keep my eye on Ebay as I dont know anywhere else they come for sale that I can access? 

Edited by Piemanlarger

9 minutes ago, Piemanlarger said:

Well a Dapol one is going to cost 520 and I prefer the slope tanks.

So I've pushed it as far as I dare.

Dont think it will be mine tomorrow so just have to hope the Dapol one makes it soon or just keep my eye on Ebay as I dont know anywhere else they come for sale that I can access? 

just to reassure you I'm not the other bidder and hope the engine does come your way . I'm still holding on for Dapol / lionheart to deliver . although a Stanier brake 3rd in BR Maroon was todays distraction 

• Like 1