Dapol Announced an O Gauge GWR 45XX 2-6-2?

MGR Hooper!

13 minutes ago, Piemanlarger said:

Lol no worries. 

I either get it or I dont

Knowing my luck if I do the Dapol one will be " flown" in for easter lol.

If I dont it will be next Easter!

funny you should say that :-) 

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Piemanlarger said:

Dont think it will be mine tomorrow so just have to hope the Dapol one makes it soon or just keep my eye on Ebay as I dont know anywhere else they come for sale that I can access? 

Steamline and Ellis Clark both have them reasonably regularly.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hal Nail said:

Steamline and Ellis Clark both have them reasonably regularly.

My god you have just caused me some trouble and possibly my even earlier demise.

Steamline was a sight I'd seen before but could not re-find.

I've only got 1 working kidney and am thinking of selling that now lol.

Seriously thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, BECMAYE said:

Does anyone know what is happening with these? Are they in production or are they on hold?

Tower These were due for release around Easter 2021. The events of last year and this year have played havoc with planned release schedules and sadly the 45xx has been a victim of these delays. We have not had an update from Dapol as to when we should expect these. As soon as we have details I will update this page

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 20/01/2021 at 10:24, Hal Nail said:

The previously reported order of releases had the Mk1s, bolster E, conflats and 122 railcar ahead of it so can probably gauge from when they actually start to come out. 

Mk1s and 122 (and 121)  been/being produced and they have implied that the bolster is next.

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, neal said:

I would expect that to be a long Indian summer......

Anyone know when summer is expected this year?

Adverts go to press ages before so can be inaccurate although something like that does give an indication that it is progressing at least.

Those retailers giving updates quoting the manufacturers tend to be the most reliable source I find.

• 2 months later...
On 21/08/2021 at 17:09, Adrian Stevenson said:

Dapol are going to be at the O gauge get together at SVR next weekend, so if there is no update prior, I will ask.

Cheers, Ade.

Ade

Dapol are not the manufacturer of this Loco, unless Richard Webster is on the stand he is the designer and manufactures under the Lionheart label.

Richard

On 22/08/2021 at 13:56, Madreddog said:

Definitely summer. The rain proves it!

On topic: I'd like a 45xx but only once I see one running.

Off Topic: I'd like to see a Metro Tank, 517 class and a Dean Goods in RTR next.......

Here's a video from the original Lionheart run a few years ago which is a brass model.

Dean goods is a great suggestion, I'd like to see a 2251 especially given Heljan have dropped it. Or perhaps a 4F.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dreadnought05 said:

Here's a video from the original Lionheart run a few years ago which is a brass model.

Dean goods is a great suggestion, I'd like to see a 2251 especially given Heljan have dropped it. Or perhaps a 4F.

I do like the Dean Goods, despite not being a GWR man.  ISTR Heljan dropped the 2251 a while ago so another candidate there.  However, Dapol/Lionheart already have a slew of GWR locos it seems to me and, for balance, something LMS would be grand.  4F or 3F would be great or even a 2-6-2T.  Should be something that carried over into the BR era and not too big.

John

Edited by brossard
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, brossard said:

I do like the Dean Goods, despite not being a GWR man.  ISTR Heljan dropped the 2251 a while ago so another candidate there.  However, Dapol/Lionheart already have a slew of GWR locos it seems to me and, for balance, something LMS would be grand.  4F or 3F would be great or even a 2-6-2T.  Should be something that carried over into the BR era and not too big.

John

Any company that decides to make a tender loco like those mentioned needs to watch which tenders they choose. If they were used with more than one class it therefore reduces the tooling cost should they wish to add one of these other classes to their range. The Dean tenders could be seen behind other classes. The Fowler 4F would be a good choice seeing as Lima once made one; that tender was used behind other classes too....

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Madreddog said:

If they were used with more than one class it therefore reduces the tooling cost should they wish to add one of these other classes to their range.

This was Heljans logic but they've still decided to abandon the Collett goods, presumably on the back of the slow sales of the Mogul, so dont hold your breath...

Edited by Hal Nail

36 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

This was Heljans logic but they've still decided to abandon the Collett goods, presumably on the back of the slow sales of the Mogul, so dont hold your breath...

Strange that Mogul sales were not good.  My friend has one and it seems to my untutored eye to be a good model.  I just wish he's get off his butt and get the sound decoder so we can play with it.

It looks to me that Heljan have hitched their wagon to the diesel market.  I'm hoping that Dapol/Lionheart focus on steam.  Mind you, and we've talked about this before, Lionheart are supposed to doing a BR Std 3 - where the heck is that?

John

3 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

In Heljan's case I suspect the reputation that their steam products has gathered has probably counted against them in terms of the second wave of sales . In conversation with friends into O gauge , those who own products all comment on build quality and even at discounted prices £400+ I still expect a product that is fit for purpose 

my £200 Dapol engines all work beautifully and look fabulous 

Really hoping Dapol  would pick up the 22xx mantle 

• Agree 2

23 hours ago, Madreddog said:

Any company that decides to make a tender loco like those mentioned needs to watch which tenders they choose. If they were used with more than one class it therefore reduces the tooling cost should they wish to add one of these other classes to their range. The Dean tenders could be seen behind other classes. The Fowler 4F would be a good choice seeing as Lima once made one; that tender was used behind other classes too....

The  4F had the same 8' x 8'6" wheelbase as the  Jinty, 3F and 2F so I wonder if the Jinty chassis could, with larger wheels, could be used for a 4F, 3F etc.  The same Johnson tender could be used on all 3 classes although, latterly, Fowler tenders were more common on the 4F's.

Ray.

• Like 1