Dapol Mark 1 coaches?

Kubes

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Has anybody heard how Dapol are going to implement the DCC element of these coaches? 

I'm assuming this will be for the control of internal lighting / tail lights etc so that they are not just constantly on (ie for when they are parked up in Carriage Sidings or the like).

I've noted that they are going to be available 'DCC Fitted' as an option but as I've quite a number of Lenz decoders in stock (that won't fetch much secondhand if I sell them) it would make sense for me to purchase without DCC and fit my own decoders.  My question is, are we going to get sockets, or will they be provided with decoders hard-wired?

I have asked the question of Dapol but haven't had a response, so just wondering if anybody had heard anything on the grapevine?

Thanks in advance

Mike

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Dapol had a TV at Ally Pally showing updates on forthcoming items. Nothing about the Mk1s appeared on it.

I did spot something right at the bottom of their display cabinate that looked Mk1 ish but I never managed to get close enough to look properly.

Edited by LNERandBR

4 hours ago, LNERandBR said:

Dapol had a TV at Ally Pally showing updates on forthcoming items. Nothing about the Mk1s appeared on it.

Well, in fairness despite the thread title they are actually a Lionheart project, not Dapol, and they do seem to keep the companies products separate (separate websites, Facebook pages, etc.).

Edited by mdvle
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 10/01/2019 at 07:37, Mutley said:

Why is Crimson/Cream only available with ER?

Why is Maroon only available with MR?

5 hours ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

Why is Crimson/Cream only available with ER?

Why is Maroon only available with MR?

Quick guess, limited market means that they feel, at least for this production run, they would have to produce too many coaches to sell in a reasonable time period and still satisfy the minimum run per paint scheme the factory requires.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

Have a look at the Dapol 14xx thread. There is a green one right behind the loco.

I didn't say green was not available. That's an easy option as all the numbers have to be S.

It was the lack of maroon ER & WR that struck me as particularly odd.

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

I didn't say green was not available. That's an easy option as all the numbers have to be S.

It was the lack of maroon ER & WR that struck me as particularly odd.

I wasn’t meaning to respond to your point: merely pointing out actual samples exist as they haven’t featured in this thread.

Edited by Hal Nail

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 25/05/2019 at 08:58, nickb4141 said:

Any news from Dapol as to when these will be released? 

The Mk1 BSK was on display at Doncaster today - Dapol guys were saying should be available at Telford, so I suspect it could be expensive for some people!!! Some pics on this thread on the 7mm part of the forum if anyone wants a look

Rich

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone, 

Sincere apologies if this has been talked about elsewhere on the forum and please read this as an observation and not me pretending to be an expert.

I was looking at the decorated sample pics that have been around on the internet yesterday and noticed that the one piece moulded sides don't actually reach the ends of the carriage. The ends of the carriage seem to have roughly (I cannot confirm as I haven't measured) up to 2mm of the sides moulded in to the them and they just butt up to the sides. This is more obvious in the Maroon and Green painted samples as the sides are painted and then assembled leaving roughly up to 2mm of black carriage ends at the end of the sides of the carriage, where to my mind the colour should reach to the end of the sides and very slightly round the corner ? Apart from the painting issue this also leaves an extra un-prototypical line down the sides of the carriages. I model in BR blue so I can see a potential problem with the grey and white lining. If they paint and line the sides separately and then assemble the carriage then potentially this would leave too much blue at the ends of the carriage. I wonder if they are planning to paint the carriage ends to include the ends of the grey and white lining from the sides ? There don't seem to be any pics of any decorated samples in blue grey. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just my imagination, Stephanie:unknw_mini:

Pics included:

Mk1_4.jpg

maroonbsk.jpg

greenbsk.jpg

BR blue MK1.jpg

Edited by Steph Saville
Spelling
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Good spot.

The B Set has the sides overlapping the ends so although the crack is fairly prominent (especially with the lights on, which show through the gap) its a lot easier to fill and repaint than doing anything about the join on these.

Edited by Hal Nail

2 hours ago, Steph Saville said:

Hello everyone, 

Sincere apologies if this has been talked about elsewhere on the forum and please read this as an observation and not me pretending to be an expert.

I was looking at the decorated sample pics that have been around on the internet yesterday and noticed that the one piece moulded sides don't actually reach the ends of the carriage. The ends of the carriage seem to have roughly (I cannot confirm as I haven't measured) up to 2mm of the sides moulded in to the them and they just butt up to the sides. This is more obvious in the Maroon and Green painted samples as the sides are painted and then assembled leaving roughly up to 2mm of black carriage ends at the end of the sides of the carriage, where to my mind the colour should reach to the end of the sides and very slightly round the corner ? Apart from the painting issue this also leaves an extra un-prototypical line down the sides of the carriages. I model in BR blue so I can see a potential problem with the grey and white lining. If they paint and line the sides separately and then assemble the carriage then potentially this would leave too much blue at the ends of the carriage. I wonder if they are planning to paint the carriage ends to include the ends of the grey and white lining from the sides ? There don't seem to be any pics of any decorated samples in blue grey. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just my imagination, Stephanie:unknw_mini:

Pics included:

Mk1_4.jpg

maroonbsk.jpg

greenbsk.jpg

BR blue MK1.jpg

Oh, good spot, thanks for sharing. I was toying with either these or the Darstaed's, but I think that's clearly pushing me towards the latter.

Paul