Dapol Mark 1 coaches?

Kubes

Hi Steph, Hal and Paul

Once we had received the decorated samples this issue of the side to end fitting was obvious in particular the lining of the maroon version, so we have corrected the tools for all bodyshells which has taken a while and delayed production, but we hope you appreciate the wait, as we want to produce the best MK1 series of coaches available. We expect new decorated samples soon and I will post pictures once received. Please see attached picture showing the raw plastic full length side including the small end curve which will also be painted in relevant colour and lining if present.

new bodyshell.jpg

• Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, coeurdelyon said:

Hi Steph, Hal and Paul

Once we had received the decorated samples this issue of the side to end fitting was obvious in particular the lining of the maroon version, so we have corrected the tools for all bodyshells which has taken a while and delayed production, but we hope you appreciate the wait, as we want to produce the best MK1 series of coaches available. We expect new decorated samples soon and I will post pictures once received. Please see attached picture showing the raw plastic full length side including the small end curve which will also be painted in relevant colour and lining if present.

new bodyshell.jpg

Wow, now that does look better ! Thank you so much for your reassuring reply  :good_mini: I'm sure everyone will appreciate the hard work you have put in to this project, Stephanie

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, coeurdelyon said:

Hi Steph, Hal and Paul

Once we had received the decorated samples this issue of the side to end fitting was obvious in particular the lining of the maroon version, so we have corrected the tools for all bodyshells which has taken a while

Fantastic! If it isn’t giving away too much, can you actually alter tools or do you have to re do them?

3 hours ago, coeurdelyon said:

Hi Steph

Thanks for your kind words not too long to wait now. Which period/decoration are you interested in

Kind Regards Richard

Hi Richard,

I'm a BR banger blue girl lol :rolleyes: Born in '73 that's what I grew up with, I spent hours at Liverpool Limestreet watching trains.

I appreciate that the first batch of Mk1's won't be ready for Telford, but do you think they will be released this year ? I know the first batch don't have the later window frames, but if you dig though enough pics you would be surprised how many Mk1's survived into BR Blue/grey without having the later window frames ever fitted and still on BR1 bogies.

Best, Stephanie

• Like 1

Hi Steph,

Thank you for your interest in the blue grey MK1 decorations. We have tooled both original build and later build with window and door beading's, however we shall release the original models first, but hopefully the later version will not be too far behind

Regards, Richard

1 hour ago, coeurdelyon said:

Hi Steph,

Thank you for your interest in the blue grey MK1 decorations. We have tooled both original build and later build with window and door beading's, however we shall release the original models first, but hopefully the later version will not be too far behind

Regards, Richard

Hi Richard,

Just to clarify, does that mean you won't be releasing any of the original build mk1's in blue grey and releasing blue grey in the 2nd batch with the later window frames, door beading and Commonwealth bogies ? 

Thanks, Stephanie

16 hours ago, coeurdelyon said:

Hi Steph, Hal and Paul

new bodyshell.jpg

I too agree that the sides look so much better and improved. If these are to be released sooner rather that latter I will also place an order for maroon also blood and custard coaches

Nigel

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

Am I right in thinking you could make a BG (full brake) from two BSKs and the two left over passenger portions, less one toilet, could be used for a 2nd open?

From days of cutting and shutting the original Lima mk1s  yes you could get a full brake - you have to fill in one central door though.  

Never found a use for the other halves though, the window spacing is just too wrong. Other than cutting out each window it just doesn't work.     I'll wait for Dapol to do  it (Lima eventually did)

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, gardenwall said:

From days of cutting and shutting the original Lima mk1s  yes you could get a full brake - you have to fill in one central door though.  

Never found a use for the other halves though, the window spacing is just too wrong. Other than cutting out each window it just doesn't work.     I'll wait for Dapol to do  it (Lima eventually did)

Thanks, I wasn't sure about the spacing. I had considered replacement sides for the second coach using the rest.

I'm sure they will do a BG eventually - has appeal beyond those able to run long rakes and even to complement anyone opting for Heljan Mk2s.

Edited by Hal Nail

7 hours ago, Airport2010 said:

The Darstaed BG’s are quite excellent. 

Yes a nice effort but too high in my eyes.

I am prepared to wait as Dapol are probably going to clean up with these latest Mk1's. I'm in no rush and in particular, I need the ones with the later window surrounds. 

• Agree 3