OO gauge Crowdfunded APT-P (Warley announcement)

DJM Dave

Hi everyone,

just started this thread to keep specific chat between the gauges separate.
I'll add details later for the OO version, but it mirrors the N gauge ones exactly apart from the price of course.

Meanwhile you can order using this link..... http://durhamtrainsofstanley.co.uk/my_store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=371

Please note this is a DJM crowdfunding project and DJM will be invoicing, designing, and finally supplying the finished model and is therefore totally responsible for your investment.

Also: Please Note: Any 'pure' crowdfunding venture is an investment with no guarantee of return, and your invested capital (deposit payments) are at risk. Please consider carefully whether you wish to partake in this venture before ordering.

cheers
Dave

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

just started this thread to keep specific chat between the gauges separate.

I'll add details later for the OO version, but it mirrors the N gauge ones exactly apart from the price of course.

Meanwhile you can order using this link..... http://durhamtrainsofstanley.co.uk/my_store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=371

cheers

Dave

Excellent. Ordered!

Paul

• Like 1

No real reason, to be fair, but we couldn’t just swamp people with too many choices.

If however there’s a deluge of peeps wanting the black windows either instead of or as well as, then I’m sure it will be considered as well

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

Excellent news. I’ll be ordering one, but it would be helpful to have photos showing the livery differences between the models.

Hi mate, good point.

I’ll try and add links for each livery version from pics I find on the internet.

I’ll do that tomorrow?

Cheers

Dave

Still undecided on which combo to go for but I suspect a six car black face would clinch it if it becomes available, either way a purchase is inevitable. I was fortunate to have traveled on them several times as a nipper from Glasgow to London on the staff specials as my parents worked for BR.

I've still got the boarding passes along with a few other bits that I picked up on the journeys. Thinking back It was quite an experience, my younger brother even valiantly held onto his lunch until Watford Junction on the outward part of the journey after showing such spirited enthusiasm early on . To be fair he did better on the return leg.  

post-15067-0-81496900-1511815082_thumb.jpg

post-15067-0-64862500-1511815083_thumb.jpg

The A4 letter headed paper would make a nice authentic limited edition certificate as I suspect there can't be many sheets of it still in existence if any.

post-15067-0-27157200-1511815509_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Hi guys,

Sorry but I’m out at the minute but I’ve just checked and the livery spec re. The front windows is on the flyer on the n gauge apt section.

Can some kind soul copy and pasted it into here, and in the morning i’ll Put it in the header mail that started things off today to tidy it up a bit.

Cheers

Dave

Difficult choice.

5 is too small and sooooooo Hornby like.

The 6 and 7 car sets look unbalanced with uneven numbers of vehicles each end.

The 10 and 14 car sets are too big.

Any chance of an 8? (3+2+3)?

Just order the 14 coach version and work out how many coaches to use, easy!

Although not a cheap way of doing it.

The 7 coach will be 3 each side of a single motor coach so well balanced. oops read it wrong

I have ordered a 14 coach set (the other half has gone to bed so she doesnt know) and I will have to work seven rest days to pay for it, the things we do for toy trains!

Okay a very exquisite, well detailed and beautiful train, but still effectively a toy train.

I think I might take up a cheaper hobby such as diamond collecting.  :jester:

Edited by royaloak
  • Like 2

I am confused by the numbering because each set was only half a train, when built they were-

370001 ran with 370002, 

370003 ran with 370004,

370005 ran with 370006,

370007 was only a DTS and TBF so can only be a complete half set if it included the 4 intermediate coaches and a power car from another set

So will the sets be numbered correctly and what will no 7 actually consist of?

I appreciate these are very early days but I would hope you have a rough idea about numbering the coaches accurately, you know how finicky some of us can be, especially when forking out the best part of a Grand, an idea of the actual price for the OO gauge ones would be nice, if only to get the shock out the way (that isnt meant as a dig either, I wouldnt have ordered one if I was that way inclined).

Edited by royaloak

Difficult choice.

I guess you could opt for a 10 car set and only use the 8 that you need...

• RMweb Gold

Some of the comments above have already been addressed in the N gauge topic.  In particular things like the fact that the APT-P is made up of two sets yet the flyer only has one number has already been acknowledged by DJ Models.  The second set number is to be declared as the project develops.

Regarding the set formations, with the help of various others on the forum, we have found every varient being proposed.  In fact, DJM Dave mentioned that the proposed sets have come from photographic evidence.

To recap:

5 Car Set with black surrounds: Tring 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/129410758@N08/15579235170/in/photolist-nuHSwL-a4oSft-jzqGW5-qXMnq8-7fymNs-a4PgDv-pwS6uJ-8HprNy-8ey3Nt-nuHSkJ-9XJmKU-r8DYpd-dFFWJK-pJFDQW-8Hmj8Z-h9KCGQ-81ySzc-bLChUx-8HpqQ7-p32vrN-9wntMA-EFmeWf-bvKzdb-iuEQN6-djzGk5-iuFtfn-6R3Mth-gnj4Nn-bvKyGG-6Lch79-oHfSFk-bRZg7z-bhAVC8-ryRnwL-b4S3BH-rRjyMW-diPFNy-rbwbn7-XcHaH9-9wntzC-ed5y3i-j4GdNt-nuHSqU-G7ADW7-ekTLpg-9GswPC-crXNzY-8mJTNz-5AyamP-8eBktE

6 car set

post-7653-0-65501100-1511848855_thumb.jpg

7 car set

https://www.flickr.com/photos/71592768@N08/12192686576/

10 car set

Not too sure on the formation proposed by DJ Models, but the following youtube video suggests a 10 car train:

14 car set

Plenty of evidence as this is a full pair of sets.

DJM Dave has posted here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/128477-n-gauge-crowdunded-apt-p-warley-announcement/page-3 at Post 70 about the sources used for the proposed sets.

We just need to let this project get some traction to see what DJModels and Durham trains of Stanley have proposed.

Very excited to see this going ahead!

• Like 3

Hi everyone,

Can I just clarify things as I understand them please?

Firstly payment. This will be done in stages as each milestone is reached, from initial design phase, to first tooling, to second tooling to production/shipping.

Unit makeup. We know that each full train is made from half sets back to back but it was felt easier and less confusing to put a running number as a single number for now rather than put 2 half set numbers and confuse those that might not have known with 2 numbers per set at this stage.

Unbalanced sets, even when using 007 were a common occurrence it seems and due to the unbalanced nature will look wrong but be authentic, if you get my drift, and the reason for doing smaller sets is purely for those that want an APT but cannot run a full length one.

As for individual running numbers of each car, this will be very carefully looked at and announced as the project gains momentum.

All sets announced are from pictorial evidence, even though a 5 seems ‘light’ it existed so rather than make it up just to sell, it gives the modeller a chance to have an authentic train if even only around 1/3 of the big beastie.

Please note this is a DJM crowdfunding project and DJM will be invoicing, designing, and finally supplying the finished model and is therefore totally responsible for your investment.

Also: Please Note: Any 'pure' crowdfunding venture is an investment with no guarantee of return, and your invested capital (deposit payments) are at risk. Please consider carefully whether you wish to partake in this venture before ordering.

Hope this helps.
Cheers
Dave

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Can we kill the original topic? We’re already getting questions asked in both, only one will be updated I’m sure, it’s less effort to keep abreast of progress and less work for you to update Dave!

Difficult choice.

8 would be a nice length, but this may well be a limited edition. What if you later get the chance to run the full length train, on a club layout or something, but can't because the extra coaches have become unavailable?

Edit: I can only fit 10 in my fiddle yard (which would still look nice) but have just ordered the 14.

Edited by Pete the Elaner