OO gauge Crowdfunded APT-P (Warley announcement)

DJM Dave

The King wasn’t scanned. It was measured and photographed at Didcot on June 25th 2014.

Hornby measured, photographed and scanned the class 71 at Barrow Hill 18th September 2014.

Edited as it makes no difference now really.

Hi all,

Can someone clarify the situation with payments? I paid the initial £250 for the 14 car set, and I don't seem to have had anything refunded. Is this correct, or should I have been refunded and then pay the deposit again via another method?

Really looking forward to the fruition of this project!

Dave.

Hi all,

Can someone clarify the situation with payments? I paid the initial £250 for the 14 car set, and I don't seem to have had anything refunded. Is this correct, or should I have been refunded and then pay the deposit again via another method?

Really looking forward to the fruition of this project!

Dave.

Hi Dave,

Due to the nature of the project, some large payments were needed up to and including the scanning day.

This came out for the deposits paid for by APT customers. 

A few customers, chosen totally at random, will not have had a refund due to this, and have had their orders transferred to the new master list created with the new MK3 web site launch.

Customers who have not received a refund will only be mailed for payments 2-4 as and when they fall due.

Hope that helps?

cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

Due to the nature of the project, some large payments were needed up to and including the scanning day.

This came out for the deposits paid for by APT customers. 

A few customers, chosen totally at random, will not have had a refund due to this, and have had their orders transferred to the new master list created with the new MK3 web site launch.

Customers who have not received a refund will only be mailed for payments 2-4 as and when they fall due.

Hope that helps?

cheers

Dave

That's fine Dave - just wasn't sure whether to expect a refund.

All the best.

Hi Dave.

As stated in my earlier post I have now received my refund.

I have now re-ordered, but noticed the original first instalment price has now increased by £10. Is this correct.

Original instalment was £223.99

New first instalment £233.99

For your info I ordered a 10 car unit.

Also I wasn't prompted to put original order number in anywhere although the web page said this was required if you were re-ordering at original start price.

Cheers Dave D7100.

Hi Dave,

Thank for noticing that as i sure as heck didnt.

Unfortunately a typo when copying across data form the Mk1 to the M3 via the Mk2 website.

This will be amended for the second deposit for everyone who are affected.

cheers

Dave

Has every one who will be refunded been refunded, I have looked at my PayPal account and the money has been paid but I haven't seen anything else.

I think it was suggested a few posts ago that Dave would inform those who would not be getting a refund but that was only a day or so ago.

Apologies,

just working through mails to those that wont be getting the refund, merely the transfer of the 2nd-4th deposits to the new system ,

the original orders for those customers are still valid.

its going to be a long, long weekend.

cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

Just placed re-order for this..... I have put original Durham Trains of Stanley order No. in notes section as this was the only place I could see to put it.

Chris

I've re-ordered the APT but didn't put the original order number in. should I have done?  

Placed my original order 4.5.18.

Really pleased that I just managed to place my replacement order again this evening while working in the Netherlands.

Forgive me if I missed the answer to my question. I am in the planning and construction stage and have a medium sized non-scenic annex area with storage loops (lower level complete top level pending). I am going to have to plan a dedicated loop for the 14 car set. Any idea how long the loop will need to be to accommodate it please anyone?

So looking forward to what will surely be the flagship model of the layout punching above other beauties such as APT-E / Blue Pullman / HST / Original Pullmans etc!

One day would love to complete the line-up with Prototype HST!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Forgive me if I missed the answer to my question. I am in the planning and construction stage and have a medium sized non-scenic annex area with storage loops (lower level complete top level pending). I am going to have to plan a dedicated loop for the 14 car set. Any idea how long the loop will need to be to accommodate it please anyone?

Wikipedia gives the length of a half-set as 482 feet. A 14 car set is 964'. This works out at about 12' 8" in OO gauge. Allowing for slightly overscale coupling and I'd allow at least 13'

Steven B

• RMweb Gold

I had no emails from DJ Models or Durham Trains of Stanley to tell me i had to re order. I've had no paypal refund either.

Same here, no refund and no communication from DJModels. I assume this means that my original order and payment stands and there is no need to re-order. It would be reassuring to have this confirmed by DJ Models.

Darius

• RMweb Gold

Same here, no refund and no communication from DJModels. I assume this means that my original order and payment stands and there is no need to re-order. It would be reassuring to have this confirmed by DJ Models.

Darius

Email received from Dave this morning confirming that my first deposit and order are in the new system

Cheers

Darius

• Like 1