OO gauge Crowdfunded APT-P (Warley announcement)

DJM Dave

• RMweb Gold

I understand that some may have used the refund for an unexpected emergency. I presume Dave has been advised so that he knows the situation and be reassured.

Emergencies excepted, all with refunds should be in a position to bring the project back up to speed financially and I trust that happens soon.

Regards Colin

Hi Dave,

As per earlier message - have you got the LLoyds Clicksafe working yet?

You said that would be a couple of weeks - perhaps some are waiting for that?

Thanks,

C.

Hi mate,

working on it at the moment.

i think the site needs that without delay to be honest.

will advise once its in, tested , approved and uo and running.

The last 3 in that list includes Lloyds getting thise done to prove the site is safe and fully compatible.

Cheers

Dave

I didnt get a refund so no problem with me paying, if I had got a refund I was sceptical about re-investing, saying that I probably would have (I am naturally a cynical old 'Alan' by nature) but that isnt a problem now, the money can stay where it is and hopefully the project can move forward after a very 'interesting' start.

Or Dave will get all the money transferred into his offshore account and retire somewhere warm without an extradition agreement treaty!  :jester:

Edited by royaloak

Royaloak, normally that would be funny but there seem to be a army of keyboard warriors waiting in the wings on this project to find fail Probably best to not make any jokes.

You could include me in that Army when it all started to go wrong, but now after looking at it for a while and seeing all the efforts Dave is putting into making it a viable scheme I have changed my mind and am happy for my money to stay where it is and hope enough people feel the same, even though my money has been spent I could still ask for a refund from the money others have already re-invested but I wont as I do genuinely believe Dave is trying his best to make it work.

• Like 1

I am pleased to announce that the N gauge King locomotive cad/cam has now been fully approved for tooling, and i have today paid the cad/cam design balance on this project and in full on the forthcoming OO gauge APT project.

If you have yet to re-order the APT (and there are many) or would like to order an N gauge King, please don't delay as the soon as these projects have the funding they will go to tooling. I have a slot in the factory ready for the King, but still need some of the 'expressions of interests' to come forward to pay their deposits.

Meanwhile i hope to have 3D prints of the King in the next few weeks and the APT around the end of October which will be photographed and taken for display at upcoming exhibitions.

thanks

Dave

• Like 1

Just to clarify, you have paid for APT cad/cam design to be completed? So we are now waiting for the project to be funded again, albeit with a headstart in that it will be able to go to tooling with the design complete once the money rolls in?

How far off the APT are we Dave in terms of funding required?

Just to clarify, you have paid for APT cad/cam design to be completed? So we are now waiting for the project to be funded again, albeit with a headstart in that it will be able to go to tooling with the design complete once the money rolls in?

How far off the APT are we Dave in terms of funding required?

Hi,

from the first deposits there a portion that will go to tooling, to supplement the 2nd deposit when asked for.

yes the cad/cam has been paid for in full now, and tomorrow i shall pay the remainder of the laser scanning costs.

This is exactly where we need to be albeit a little short in sign ups (or should that be 're-depositors'.

unfortunately due to various comments here, quite a few (and i wont give a number) of 'expressions', didnt convert to deposit paids, but conversely as the time goes on, more people sign up for the full price version.

as per the first announcement, this took time for money to come in, and i do, unfortunately, expect it to be the same this time round.

the big difference is that the project has things to show and milestones reached now, which always helps projects go forward and grow.

cheers

Dave

• Like 2

This is exactly where we need to be albeit a little short in sign ups (or should that be 're-depositors'.

unfortunately due to various comments here, quite a few (and i wont give a number) of 'expressions', didnt convert to deposit paids, but conversely as the time goes on, more people sign up for the full price version.

If you sign up for a full price version, do you pay now or later when its released please?

If you sign up for a full price version, do you pay now or later when its released please?

Full price customers will pay when the models arrive in country.

i wonder how many of you would like to pick up your sets in person at a special open day at Crewe if i can arrange one?

Just gauging interest.

cheers

Dave

• Like 6

i wonder how many of you would like to pick up your sets in person at a special open day at Crewe if i can arrange one?

Just gauging interest.

cheers

Dave

Will there be a big test track to make sure they all work fine? LOL

It sounds like a graduation ceremony....

Edited by JSpencer

• RMweb Gold

Just gauging interest.

cheers

Dave

Sounds good, may be have a layout or running track in the real APT..

I’m not keen on the staged payments method, but payment on arrival I am ok with, even if it carries a premium.

Just gauging interest.

cheers

Dave

Do full price customers have to pay a deposit ? this could be refundable on changing their mind later?

Edited by LongRail

Do full price customers have to pay a deposit ? this could be refundable on changing their mind later?

It defeats the object of doing a deposit if the customer can change their minds later. It would have to be refunded if the project was cancelled and that would have banking fees for DJM.

It would have to be a firm order and none of this expressions of interest which can too easily be interpreted as just wanting news only.

• RMweb Gold

A quick look at the website, following the links for a new order (not a deposit) , I don’t see anything about what / when your charged it just asks for your credit card details... I stopped there as I’m assuming (rightly or not) I could end up paying the full amount £1300+ immediately, which isn’t a step I was ready to take.

If your an “on delivery” customer, paying in full, at a premium, at the end of the project, I assume there is no rush to order.

Personally I’d prefer waiting for a painted EP myself, before i’d want to commit, after all i’m Not taking the crowd funded risk and am paying premium for that that de-risk.

My rationale for this, is looking at the last 12 month I’ve seen I entered a phase of what I thought was £1000 in prepaid orders, was actually nearer £2000, outlayed in advance, in one case paid >2yrs beyond delivery estimate. Much of that has been delivered, but some hasn’t yet met promises, c£800 prepaid sits out there awaiting delivery, and others had serious issues or didn’t meet with my expectation (disappointed on delivery).

Whilst I must add I haven’t lost out financially on anything prepaid, it has on occasion felt uncomfortable, and simply not fun, so as a result i’m more hesitant to enter the prepay arena so deeply again with any manufacturer/retailer. indeed I’ve even slowed down / walked back on some unsecured Pre-orders too until I see what the products going to look like and a feeling for delivery date accuracy. I should add, this is not aimed at DJ models, it’s a recent collection of pan-industry experiences that’s made me more cautious, and in one case, considerably annoyed.

Edited by adb968008

no promises, but i do like the idea if i can sort something.

Hi Dave, it would be a very nice idea.  It would also be nice, if a booklet could be produced to give a brief overview of APT's history, and possibly even an annex charting the models development (so you can take some of the "Glory"). 

Best Regards,

C.

Sounds good, may be have a layout or running track in the real APT..

My comment on test track was a little tongue in cheek. Can you imagine 100 adults, queuing up with a big 14 car box waiting to test the entire train (open the box, assembling the cars) on a test track one after the other?

My comment on test track was a little tongue in cheek. Can you imagine 100 adults, queuing up with a big 14 car box waiting to test the entire train (open the box, assembling the cars) on a test track one after the other?

I'd just get 10 boxes of flexi and fishplates and let you get on with it as i sat in the signal box with a bottle of something very strong and watched you all try and decide on the track plan. lol  :jester:

• Like 1