OO gauge Crowdfunded APT-P (Warley announcement)

DJM Dave

• RMweb Gold

I have to say I much prefer receiving this and future updates by email and/or Dave's website than through this forum, given what has transpired previously.  What do other investors think?

Agree but if there are to be new investors to further enhance the strength and viability of the project then some continued advertising would not go amiss as well.

Certainly existing investors merit special attention given that they are carrying most of the risk and have endured a long wait already. But restricting project news is only going to discourage potential investors.

Edited by dpgibbons

• RMweb Gold

I have an email and think it is a better way to send out information to those that are actually interested in the project and it will stop the keyboard warriors who seem intent in find problems in anything they can just for the hell of it

Other retailers do this, indeed in the past few weeks ive had 3 different retailer emails, in this case, with special offers, but requested not to place on public forums, targetting existing customers only. Its actually been nice to see the contents of those offers were never actually leaked, which means its likely the sender may repeat in the future, assuming the take up was worthwhile.

So if DJ sent a private mail, (i add i am not party to either), it most likely benefits the recipients to keep it private, whatever the contents are.

But..

Agree but if there are to be new investors to further enhance the strength and viability of the project then some continued advertising would not go amiss as well.

Agree.

I was initially excited by the project and ordered, but was concerned so didnt pay a deposit. As the order book closed and the price raised i’m happy to wait until release, so it would be nice to be abreast of the project as it evolves.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Premium

I don't model OO, so I'll never buy one, but I'm still interested in watching the project unfold. It would be a shame if that was all done 'to investors only', although clearly posting the information on Dave's website would also be public, I don't look there routinely.

I do also remain interested in the N gauge one although I admit I've not yet signed up for one for various reasons, again, I'd like to see that progress, and I don't see why you'd not want to share that.

Agree.

I was initially excited by the project and ordered, but was concerned so didnt pay a deposit. As the order book closed and the price raised i’m happy to wait until release, so it would be nice to be abreast of the project as it evolves.

I thought that once the tooling began the order book would close so unless you were on board early (at crowdfunders price) or get an order in now, there will be no option to purchase.

If I have got this wrong please correct me.

Edited by ac1874

I thought that once the tooling began the order book would close so unless you were on board early (at crowdfunders price) or get an order in now, there will be no option to purchase.

If I have got this wrong please correct me.

Not quite - crowdfunders are now closed at a crowdfunding price - they pay all in advance in 4 installments as the project progresses.

The order book is open to those who wish to purchase at full price (crowdfunder price + 30% or there abouts). That remains open until it goes into production.

The only gliche (signalled a few weeks back) is that if you order at full price, you are charged right away and not when the goods are due for release (meaning crowdfunders will have only paid £250 for a 14 car set while those ordering now pay a full £1300+!). No feedback from Dave on that point yet.

Not quite - crowdfunders are now closed at a crowdfunding price - they pay all in advance in 4 installments as the project progresses.

The order book is open to those who wish to purchase at full price (crowdfunder price + 30% or there abouts). That remains open until it goes into production.

The only gliche (signalled a few weeks back) is that if you order at full price, you are charged right away and not when the goods are due for release (meaning crowdfunders will have only paid £250 for a 14 car set while those ordering now pay a full £1300+!). No feedback from Dave on that point yet.

Agreed on the above, the suggestion in the post I quoted is that he was going to wait for release. There won't be an option to purchase at release.

I knew the price was going up but just took it for granted it would be over multiple payments at a higher price as the project went on not the full whack all up front.

Understandably this is going to put a lot of people off and all the heel kickers that didn't sign back up for the crowd funding, I'm glad I signed back up with the crowd funding otherwise I don't think I would have re-ordered and definitely not the 14 car unit.

• Like 1

as the other poster says at crowd funded price, the book is closed.

I’m not paying the 30% higher price up front, and certainly not paying 100%+30% premium up front !

I would be considering to be paying premium to avoid risk, my assumption is that the price is at the end of the project not the begining which i assume is project end, If its not the case, then i’ll pass altogether and just default to having missed out... I would be crazy to pay 130% of the risk takers price in full at this stage..............

If you paid the full price up front by credit card & the project was cancelled, you could probably get your cash back via Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act.

Peter

• RMweb Gold

Update, i just looked through this thread and found this post which looks like it clarifies it...

I was incorrect in my earlier post, order book closes at tooling, which i therefore assume is quite soon.

APT Press release

Dear Modeller,

As we get closer to the APT scanning party on the 2nd June at Crewe Heritage Centre, we can now tie down the 'shut down' date of Crowdfunding orders.

This will be May 30th at 11.59pm

After this date and time it will still be possible to order all APT versions but each set will then cost a higher RRP.

The prices listed below only affect new non existing crowdfunded orders from the 31st May onwards. Existing crowdfunders will still be able to top up their order with new orders at the original Crowdfunders price until tooling starts, and this date will be advised at a later date.

Set 001 will rise from £699.95 to £ 933.27

Set 002 will rise from £649.95 to £ 866.60

Set 003 will rise from £749.95 to £ 999.93

Set 004 will rise from £749.95 to £ 999.93

Set 006 will rise from £895.95 to £1,194.60

Set 007 will rise from £995.95 to £1,327.94

The raised price will be in effect until tooling is started. Once tooling has started the order book will close permanently.

Please note this is a DJM crowdfunding project and DJM will be invoicing, designing, and finally supplying the finished model and is therefore totally responsible for your investment.

Also: Please Note: Any 'pure' crowdfunding venture is an investment with no guarantee of return, and your invested capital (deposit payments) are at risk. Please consider carefully whether you wish to partake in this venture before ordering.

Edited by adb968008

I know this is old ground, bur those t&c are something else. One paragraph says djm is totally responsible (including supply of finished model), the other that you partcipate at your own risk. If you're asking me to part with £1300 up front, I'd want more surety than this.

• RMweb Gold

Simple enough to me, if you are not already on board and want the maximum protection from risk wait until Dave gives a final deadline then pay for your chosen formation. I'm sure Dave will be delighted to add to the order book at this point.:)

See all the keyboard warriors and doom merchants are at it yes it is old news not sure why so many people are trying to cause trouble yet again

Actually I see it as potential investors wanting clarification on when payment will be taken if they order at the full whack price now.

If the money is taken right now, many feel that is unreasonable. If it is closer to delivery, then many think that is fair.

I'm sure Dave will be reviewing that as it is clearly in his and his potential customers interest to do so.

Doom merchants would be encouraging people not to order at all.

Edited by JSpencer

Simple enough to me, if you are not already on board and want the maximum protection from risk wait until Dave gives a final deadline then pay for your chosen formation. I'm sure Dave will be delighted to add to the order book at this point. :)

The project advances only if crowdfunders pay up rapidly when the money is asked for. Delaying payment until the last minute will not offer extra protection, it might actually stall the project and even put it at risk.

It is like jumping out of a plane skydiving. Once you jump, there is a whole series of actions that must happen at certain moments otherwise you will put your life at risk.

• RMweb Gold

Now you are twisting my words. I am not referring to the crowdfunders, who yes, have a responsibility to honour their commitments to the project, but anyone else who wishes to add to the project and pay the 30% mark-up price before the order book closes.

Now you are twisting my words. I am not referring to the crowdfunders, who yes, have a responsibility to honour their commitments to the project, but anyone else who wishes to add to the project and pay the 30% mark-up price before the order book closes.

Ah ok. I apologize for that, I assumed - wrongly - you were a crowdfunder.

I agree if the order book closes just before production begins and we have just a 3-6 month wait (Accurascale style). Obviously if it closes a lot earlier (just before tooling starts as suggested here) then I doubt people will want to pay full whack (£1300+) up front, when the crowdfunders will have paid only 1 or 2 installments (£500 max) at that time.

See all the keyboard warriors and doom merchants are at it yes it is old news not sure why so many people are trying to cause trouble yet again

If anything I'd say you are the one sounding like a keyboard warrior. People are asking perfectly reasonable questions (which should of been sorted out long ago, especially the legal stuff!) and you're straight in there to shoot them down and stamp your feet at them just because they take a different view to you!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Ah ok. I apologize for that, I assumed - wrongly - you were a crowdfunder.

I agree if the order book closes just before production begins and we have just a 3-6 month wait (Accurascale style). Obviously if it closes a lot earlier (just before tooling starts as suggested here) then I doubt people will want to pay full whack (£1300+) up front, when the crowdfunders will have paid only 1 or 2 installments (£500 max) at that time.

No worries :)

If those are Dave's terms though then I guess anyone not currently on board will have to accept them if they want a new APT-P (or pay a LOT on eBay LOL )

Let's see what Colin's email brings, it may be just a glitch of the website that implies anything other than payment just before delivery, only Dave knows this for certain at the moment.

Personally I am merely an interested spectator, deciding at the outset that I'm sticking with my childhood Hornby version, although I am slowly adding coaches to the set

post-6717-0-03355700-1539764314_thumb.jpg

Which reminds me, I must get that interior done .......

Edited by RedgateModels
  • Like 6