OO gauge Crowdfunded APT-P (Warley announcement)

DJM Dave

4 minutes ago, njee20 said:

They’re in the “News” section of his website. The latest one on the APT is #3, so number 4 hasn’t made it yet, and nothing on the N gauge one at all that I can see. The last 92 one (indeed the last post) is the 11th Feb, which I don’t think is up to date either. 

Ah, found it, the 'News' section is under the 'About DJM' section. But yep, precious little about the N gauge products and no newsletters about them (this year) to download that I could see. Just this about the cl92 which was dated 28th Jan -

"The N gauge class 92 cad/cam will follow shortly after CNY and i will send pictures from that in a further newsletter to all customers, then on this web site, as is my custom, around 2 weeks later".

G

51 minutes ago, grahame said:

Hmm, not good, eh?

G

Its fine by me,  I'm financially supporting this product and received my email yesterday, some lovely little details to look forward too....    So until any of the moaners on here produce their own version of the APT I'll stick with this one. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, rubber duck said:

Its fine by me,  I'm financially supporting this product and received my email yesterday, some lovely little details to look forward too....    So until any of the moaners on here produce their own version of the APT I'll stick with this one. 

Let's hope he hasn't forgotten any lovely little details like he forgets to post update information. Without that the project is unlikely to attract any new customers to sign up and could put its future at risk. It's not great marketing especially as I'd like to see them progress to fruition, particularly the N gauge ones.

G

• Agree 6

• RMweb Gold

I think we will just have to let Dave manage his business in his own way. Personally I am only an interested observer, having decided at the outset that his APT-P project was too much for me. I'm keeping my Hornby one and slowly building intermediate coaches. So, I'd like to see more updates etc as the APTs are a strong childhood interest, but hey life goes on if Dave misses a couple of postings on his website :)

Can't see an N gauge version ever getting to tooling though ...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

I can neither confirm nor deny that we may have circulated an update on the progress of the APT project. Should such an update have been circulated then it may or may not include information on the status of this project, however any information it may contain is classified and for the eyes of the Easter bunny only and should be disregarded. If you have received said update, in the event that it actually exists then please discard it and under no circumstances should it be read, believed or shared with other persons. Under no circumstances should any hypothetical updates which may or may not have been circulated be shared with outsiders, this is a local project for local people, in the event that any traitorous RMWeb collaborationists post any information on any updates which may or may not exist then the ancient god of undersized coreless motors will rise up to break the bones and drink the blood of such traitors. You have been warned.

• Funny 12

If you ask me, the best thing the crowdfunders who post on here they have had an update could do is not post such notices.

All it actually does is stir up the threads into the regular cycle of: 

• I've had an update
  • I too have had an update but I am not going to say anything about the goodies
  • The website isn't up to date
  • When is the update going to be on the website
  • This is not a good way to market DJM products
  • Crowdfunders to non crowdfunders: "Will non crowdfunders please stop commenting"
  • non crowdfunders to crowdfunders: "No"

Just as a complete aside, but last night i was operating my railway and I noted that the smoothest running locos on it are four DJM locos (Well Tanks & O2s) plus my Oxford Radial. My  DJM 14xx is also a smooth runner, but it's back in it's box at present.

• Like 5
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

If you ask me, the best thing the crowdfunders who post on here they have had an update could do is not post such notices.

All it actually does is stir up the threads into the regular cycle of: 

• I've had an update
  • I too have had an update but I am not going to say anything about the goodies
  • The website isn't up to date
  • When is the update going to be on the website
  • This is not a good way to market DJM products
  • Crowdfunders to non crowdfunders: "Will non crowdfunders please stop commenting"
  • non crowdfunders to crowdfunders: "No"

Just as a complete aside, but last night i was operating my railway and I noted that the smoothest running locos on it are four DJM locos (Well Tanks & O2s) plus my Oxford Radial. My  DJM 14xx is also a smooth runner, but it's back in it's box at present.

So whats the point of this thread if the people that are actually funding this project can't post on it?

If you ask me id suggest this thread would be much better without all the wasters who have no intention pf purchasing the APT....Just my opinion you understand.... 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

1 minute ago, rubber duck said:

So whats the point of this thread if the people that are actually funding this project can't post on it?

If you ask me id suggest this thread would be much better without all the wasters who have no intention pf purchasing the APT....Just my opinion you understand.... 

And the cycle repeats ......

This thread is not owned by DJ models therefore it is open to anyone to comment - funder or just interested entity, but what happens is that each month someone will post an 'I have had an update but no content' then the cycle starts.

If the crowdfunders actually contributed something other than 'I know something you don't' then perhaps the discussions might be more interesting.

• Like 3
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

I

16 minutes ago, rubber duck said:

LOL

• Like 6

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, chris p bacon said:

Sometime it's best to keep opinions to yourself.

Or circulate them in an update that no one can read or divulge. 

Very true. If you just want to throw abuse around, I don't care if you do couch it in "Just my opinion you understand.... " as though that absolves you, then prepare for a trip to the naughty step.

• Like 5
  • Agree 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, rubber duck said:

wasters

5 hours ago, rubber duck said:

moaners 

Easy to resolve this for you - I'll remove access to this topic.

• Like 11
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

The newsletter discusses the window to the side of the cab, the nose, bogies and the cab Interior and finishes with the following statement:

As ever, please remember that this newsletter goes out to

you as a customer, and will not go straight out for public

consumption until 2 or so weeks have passed. This is to play

fair with all crowdfunders who may not get access to this

newsletter as soon as you may have done.

No subterfuge, no secrecy, just common decency.

Edited by 96701
Typing rubbish

Ladies and Gents.

I'd like to apologise for my unsporting choice of words used in my posts yesterday,  In hindsight it was too harsh and uncalled for,  I need to remember that other people may have different views to me,  after all this is a very broad church that i would like to remain a member of....

once again apologies for any offence caused.

Regards Peter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Why doesn’t someone who has the newsletter just post it ? 

Your not under any any legal obligation not to surely, DJ isn’t going to cancel your order is he? 

It’s a toy train, albeit a very expensive one it’s not state secrets ! 

All this secert for two weeks nonsense just pushes potential future customers further and further away.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Great Western said:

Your not under any any legal obligation not to surely, DJ isn’t going to cancel your order is he? 

All this secert for two weeks nonsense just pushes potential future customers further and further away.

The irony is anyone who just posts it would probably be doing the project a favour given the lack of website updates at the 2 week point...

• Agree 5

13 hours ago, mdvle said:

The irony is anyone who just posts it would probably be doing the project a favour given the lack of website updates at the 2 week point...

Ah, but how else is he supposed to punish all of us naughty children who did not join the program if it was posted right away? Next time there is a DJM crowdfunding project, you had better join in quick or else you will miss the newsletters.

Edited by JSpencer
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Great Western said:

if there was a major developments you can be sure someone would “leak” something, and this thread would be over flowing with excitement.

The absence of froth, means the water isnt boiling, the mail therefore wasnt that exciting. That said Kernows/Olivias “secret” emails are held pretty tightly too, but theres carrots, rather than sticks in those mails to do so.

Edited by adb968008

1 hour ago, JSpencer said:

Ah, but how else is he supposed to punish all of us naughty children who did not join the program if it was posted right away? Next time there is a DJM crowdfunding project, you had better join in quick or else you will miss the newsletters.

If that is his reasoning, then I am reminded of the phrase "before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig 2 graves"

However, I think regardless it is reasonably safe to guess that there won't be any more crowdfunding after these projects.

• Like 1