OO gauge Crowdfunded APT-P (Warley announcement)

DJM Dave

Strange thing is that it looks like a Voyager, given the Voyager shares a lineage to the APT it's rather apt.

Will just add, I am not saying anything is wrong with the CAD, it does look like the creature it is meant to be but sans any livery the body shape and windows do share a resemblance.

Let me be the first to say that I think the shade is wrong.  

noooooooo, i tried so hard to get that right. next youll be telling me the door colours are completely the wrong colour!

Thought it were APT of the future = Privatised Livery, no full yellow front end and a doors a different colour to meet the disability regs....

Windscreen may be a wee bit too tinted to see out of.... But can we have a Driver in the cab wearing a BR Blue Uniform and Hat?

On a serious note - is click safe up and running yet?

Regards,

C.

Dave, The nose cone has several seam lines on the render that are not noticeable on the real thing,  is this correct?

Regards Peter.

How would you suggest, both on the model and the real thing, the nose come being able to be raised, if it was a single molding?

• RMweb Gold

I guess you will be considering traction tyres as part of this process. If these are deemed necessary can we also have plain alternative wheelsets (as paid for "spares" if necessary) for those of us whose layouts are straight and flat :-)

Richard

This quote is from the N gauge thread but is also relevant here. My personal preference is to avoid traction tyres like the plague.

Hi Andy,

its going ok, but all news about the APT is going out in various guises, including e-mails to all.

However i don't want to badger people, as i wouldn't want to be badgered myself, and i guess its still the end of the holidays, people have come back spent out, or hadn't bargained on being asked for the deposits so soon, or plain changed their mind but havn't told me.

We aren't there yet, but everyday brings more deposits pushing the project closer to tooling, and the previous level of commitment, but i don't see this level being reached yet, which is interesting as we only need 300 people wanting a 14 car set for the whole project to be totally viable again.

Blinking PayPal. grrrrrrrr 

Hi Andy,

its going ok, but all news about the APT is going out in various guises, including e-mails to all.

However i don't want to badger people, as i wouldn't want to be badgered myself, and i guess its still the end of the holidays, people have come back spent out, or hadn't bargained on being asked for the deposits so soon, or plain changed their mind but havn't told me.

We aren't there yet, but everyday brings more deposits pushing the project closer to tooling, and the previous level of commitment, but i don't see this level being reached yet, which is interesting as we only need 300 people wanting a 14 car set for the whole project to be totally viable again.

Blinking PayPal. grrrrrrrr 

Hi Dave,

As per earlier message - have you got the LLoyds Clicksafe working yet?

You said that would be a couple of weeks - perhaps some are waiting for that?

Thanks,

C. 

Anything that we can collectively do to help you? Ultimately anyone who has paid their first payment is back on board now and waiting for those who have been refunded to join us.

Appreciate you probably don't want to impose a deadline but may be worth emailing everyone who had previously committed with the latest pictures, update on progress and a link directly to resubmit their order. This might just prompt those who have not yet done/not totally aware of the situation.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

People who got a refund have by definition got the funds to re pay the first deposit. Saying that they would not have expected to have to pay so soon does not make sense. They have already paid, got their money back unexpectedly and should now be able to re pay it.

Those of us who have repaid obviously want the project to proceed so why hold back on asking them to make their payment again.

People who got a refund have by definition got the funds to re pay the first deposit. Saying that they would not have expected to have to pay so soon does not make sense. They have already paid, got their money back unexpectedly and should now be able to re pay it.

Those of us who have repaid obviously want the project to proceed so why hold back on asking them to make their payment again.

It all depends on circumstances! I got my refund for my 2 sets and if the means to pay again was set up and ready straight away I would have repaid without delay, unfortunately the delay was too long and personal circumstances meant that the money had to be used for an unexpected emergency, so now I have to wait another 2 weeks for payday before I can repay again. So no, not everyone has the funds to repay the first deposit!