Hills of the North - The Last Great Project

LNER4479

Anyhow...

Time for some pictures from an exhibition.

DSC09450.JPG.5dcb0d7aa9bbc0d725749f2a9991eafc.JPG

Here we are, at start of the day yesterday when most of my pictures were taken. With a good complement of operators, I went linesiding for the first hour and there will be a sequence of pictures in subsequent posts with the results.

DSC09425.JPG.6421a414bc858c23e8134a4e5151277b.JPG

At busy times, we were gratifyingly two or three deep out the front, folks seemed to enjoy the regular procession of trains, following the rolling time period sequence from early 1950s to 1967 (repeat, ad nauseam).

DSC09424.JPG.ca389004a4c536075cc73ecc3b5884f4.JPG

Very pleasant to have the company of Madame 'tricoteuse' Wealleans ...

DSC09452.JPG.1d58628ad264bd52aa352fae59e54a2c.JPG

... however, not such a good idea to ask her to provide explanations to the public, who have duly scattered to the four corners of the SEC, save for one young viewer.

ONLY JOKING!

What this view does show is the running order info for interested viewers (top left)

More to follow once I've reluctantly done some 'real' work...

Edited by LNER4479
  • Like 19

Many thanks for bringing the layout up to Glasgow at the weekend. I spent a thoroughly enjoyable time watching the sequence unfurl and was particularly impressed by both the forced perspectives (small telegraph poles and cracking backscene) and the working, interlinked point rodding between the catch point and up main point where the banker occasionally sat. Inspirational.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, LNER4479 said:

Decent bit of video of us at approx. 7 mins in, courtesy of DCC125 on YouTube.

Congratulations, that is one superb layout, Patriots, Jubilees, Crabs, Black Fives, even the Duke......takes me back to when steam ruled supreme, many thanks,,,,,,Rgds Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, LNER4479 said:

One of the 'star' trains (well, I think so), the early 1950s 'Royal Scot', a full MkI 'Festival of Britain' set, seen on the Shap Wells embankment, is headed by Polmadie Duchess 46224 'Princess Alexandra', heading for home.

A blue loco hauling crimson-and-cream coaches is hard to beat.

9 hours ago, LNER4479 said:

Bit of an anomaly - should really be some ex-GWR stock in the standard blood n custard at this time.

A Hornby Hawksworth BCK would do as a stop-gap.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, LNER4479 said:

Needs to be pre-war Stanier, ie non-Porthole.

There's always those Period IIs in LMS livery for 1930s Midday Scot... (oops - did I give something away there?)

No, you're quite safe there, nobody reads this rubbish!!

MIke.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, LNER4479 said:

Needs to be pre-war Stanier, ie non-Porthole.

There's always those Period IIs in LMS livery for 1930s Midday Scot... (oops - did I give something away there?)

No problemo...but dragging myself awat from 28C, sun and great pies and wine may be difficult!

Baz

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, LNER4479 said:

The eagle-eyed might recognise that this is in fact the Joueff version, which I acquired over 20 years.

These made an important contribution to the late, but possibly not lamented, Hartford Junction project.

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Where did you find those?

Invercargill.. fat barsteward pies...

Naked seafood

Magic mushroom and steak

Very nice..

We have also tried venison  bolognaise and cheese and the standard steak and cheese

Baz

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1