Hills of the North - The Last Great Project

LNER4479

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, jwealleans said:

They might be sorry you missed it by Sunday night....

7 hours ago, LMS29 said:

We will be sorry you are not there, this is a 3 day show!

Tom

You won't be sorry given his current weather-controlling skills...

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

I’m very much looking forward to getting to see the layout at Glasgow. So long as I can sneak off Rannoch for long enough!

all the best

Mark

Oi, If you are sneaking off anywhere I hope it is to give me a break from Dave's new train set.

Hi Grahame and team, I too am attending the Glasgow show as an (the) operator on my mate's new layout, called Top Yard. On Saturday he told me it still wasn't finished, so I may be demonstrating how to build a small layout in three days. Any tips after your telly appearance?

See you all on Thursday evening.

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

Enjoyed watching Shap yesterday.  I quite liked the  Shap Summit viewpoint and watching the bankers come off and back down to ‘Tebay’.  (Easier to get in to see as well!).  The train listing was very helpful too.  Well done folks: good modelling and good entertainment too.

Paul.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, LMS29 said:

Glasgow is wet and windy. No time for stargazing. 

Tom

Wet and windy ….. at one point I thought that the roof of Hall 4 at the SEC was about to join us in the exhibition!

5 hours ago, Barry O said:

He means driving my EE D400 locomotive full speed into a train in front thus pustetting thw buffers.

Baz

That only happens on the Down line going up hill not the Up Line going down hill. 

Tom

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 22/02/2020 at 21:57, woodenhead said:

Was it my imagination or do the steam locos get more and more weathered as the sequence progresses?

Exactly so (and well spotted). There are one or two locos still awaiting the weathering shop but generally we do indeed try to weather according to era, usually based on a representative photo or two.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, jwealleans said:

That would be because I had already straightened one and unjammed the other.    Not, I might add, by judicious use of a high speed rear impact either.

Ah, a high speed full-frontal impact then...

• Funny 2