Hills of the North - The Last Great Project

LNER4479

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, LNER4479 said:

Go for it! And anyone else too ... a wagon even?!

Don’t you realise that some of us have got turkey curry and turkey jam to make?

• Like 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Wow - I'd forgotten how tricky those LMS underframes could be. One of the sole bars was going awry so I unsoldered it and started again. 

Not the quickest of starts but important to get the basic underframe square n true otherwise you're not building on solid foundations. 

20201226_104403.jpg

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, LNER4479 said:

Wow - I'd forgotten how tricky those LMS underframes could be. One of the sole bars was going awry so I unsoldered it and started again. 

Not the quickest of starts but important to get the basic underframe square n true otherwise you're not building on solid foundations. 

20201226_104403.jpg

Before you ask, no I'm not going to sit up all night watching this...

Good luck!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

instead of building a coach I have been numbering more wagons.. couplings still to fit....

Coming together well!  Now, of course you could have used my " cheat "  ie Bachmann bogies ..

Baz

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Barry O said:

Hmm.perhaps I need to build a coach today too???

Baz

Today........? Come on Baz, Larry did them in about 3 hours including painting and lining and fiddly bits. Go for the burn matey. I used to take about 3 months to just do the soldering.....................................

Might as well start with a shorty with hardly any details then G? (best thing is you can bluff the interior!)

Great job matey. Only another 10 to go eh?

2 hours ago, LNER4479 said:

Morning folks!

Well, here we are. I've had my 3 Shredded Wheat (other breakfast cereals are available) and now ready for the 'off'. Time/date check from mob. fone as you can see just in case anyone thinks this is a big wind up.

Updates will be brief (for obvious reasons) but will try and post approx every 60-90 minutes.

Tally ho!

20201226_093049.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, LNER4479 said:

Side and end prep in progress. At least there's only four sets of droplights and hinges to worry about.

Probably going to have to stop for tea soon. But there's always this evening yet to come...

20201226_163739.jpg

Sawing block or similar useful for soldering sides to ends....but you knew that.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, LNER4479 said:

Now we're in business! Body went together very well.

Don't look too hard just yet at the ends; needs cleaning up yet. And roof just plonked on for now. But we have ourselves a vehicle of sorts.

20201226_183132.jpg

Far too quick working there G. Makes me feel like a slug. However, nothing like getting into it and getting this far in a session.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Just now, Tony Teague said:

Why do I feel that I have fritted the dy away? :wacko:

Hi Tony,

Doing nothing is a pure art form that has been conditioned out of you from a very early age when you were packed off to government sponsored compliance institution known as school. If you didn't receive such compliance training from such an early age there is no way you would ever put up with the nonsense that is known as employment !

Just remember, if hard work was good for you the rich and greedy would have kept it to themselfs.

I do so hope that the above helps your current state of mind.

Gibbo.

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1