Hills of the North - The Last Great Project

LNER4479

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Tony,

Doing nothing is a pure art form that has been conditioned out of you from a very early age when you were packed off to government sponsored compliance institution known as school. If you didn't receive such compliance training from such an early age there is no way you would ever put up with the nonsense that is known as employment !

Just remember, if hard work was good for you the rich and greedy would have kept it to themselfs.

I do so hope that the above helps your current state of mind.

Gibbo.

I feel better already! :drinks:

• Like 1

Well since I last looked in on this thread, I had a good night's sleep, and have washed my car when I got up at 6am here.  

So I feel a little less guilty about my lack of modelling progress compared to your blink-of-an-eye speed!

Looking great.  :good:

Scott

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

18 minutes ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

I've noticed that this thread has contributions from Barry O and Barry Ten.

I want to know when Barrys one to nine are going to start posting.

Hi Fritters,

If they do there will be a trains worth of construction all at once.

Gibbo.

• Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, jukebox said:

Well since I last looked in on this thread, I had a good night's sleep, and have washed my car when I got up at 6am here.  

So I feel a little less guilty about my lack of modelling progress compared to your blink-of-an-eye speed!

Looking great.  :good:

Scott

I'm back too. Nearly lunch time here though. I think I might have turkey for a change.

Edited by St Enodoc
  • Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, cheesysmith said:

Like how it is positioned in the photo, with the building in the background. Makes it look like it's outside of a works somewhere, but the giant blue tack gives it away lol.

That is Red Leader Coach, wagon and loco works.. that is!

Well done Red Leader....me I put transfers on yet more wagons.. I have had to order some more underframe kits..pah!

Baz

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, cheesysmith said:

Like how it is positioned in the photo, with the building in the background. Makes it look like it's outside of a works somewhere, but the giant blue tack gives it away lol.

Could be an advertising hoarding for the Blu-Tak company?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 27/12/2020 at 04:32, cheesysmith said:

and the V sign......

• RMweb Premium
On 27/12/2020 at 01:28, LNER4479 said:

Time to draw stumps. Conclusion? Not quite possible to build a coach in a day but came close.

Still to do: roof detail, end handrails etc, door handles and undergubbins. Will aim to finish these off over next few days. Thanks for your interest today. 

20201227_012151.jpg

20201227_012128.jpg

That's a beast G. How many do you need?

2 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

That's a beast G. How many do you need?

Just doing the calcs at the moment but it's ... er ... more than just one or two!

Apologies for radio silence over the last 24 hours or so. I had to go and lie down in a darkened room after that more-or-less continuous 16 hour session on Boxing Day. There's always a bit of come back from an effort like that.

Will attempt to post something later on. There's one or two aspects of the build that may be of interest.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

16 hrs is pretty good matey.  In almost one go is tough though. Sadly that 16 would be spread over at least 4 days with me if it was hinges and all......all door Gresleys were a PITA. However I wasn't building to a planned schedule as you are so well disciplined to achieve.

P

1 hour ago, Mallard60022 said:

Just hinting that a few basic solder jobs could be outsourced; not enough to spoil the finished article!!!!!

image.png.ebe18d0eb1c7df87c96e08a2034f4ef5.png

Noted most gratefully.

Quite a bit in the bank already so far as I'm concerned so gonna need a few more sessions 'Up the Junction'!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 27/12/2020 at 00:39, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

I've noticed that this thread has contributions from Barry O and Barry Ten.

I want to know when Barrys one to nine are going to start posting.

I've been three "Barrys" already. When I signed onto Rmweb for the first time I noticed that everyone seemed to have secret codenames,

so I chose Barry Boy as my first login (cunningly due to the fact that I'm from, er, Barry.) Later there was a software glitch thing where a number of members had to resubscribe, so i came back in as Barry Yob (a fiendishly clever anagram of my earlier name) and then when I had to re-subscribe a second time I kept up the Barry theme by going for Barry Ten, after "the Barry Ten" locomotives left over from Woodham's yard. All immensely tedious now and totally pointless as no one remembers the actual Barry Ten.

Al (with apologies for the digression from the fine coachbuilding).

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3