Heljan Class 37/4 announcement

TEDDYBEAR D9521

• RMweb Gold
On 22/06/2019 at 16:40, 84B Oxley said:

Picked mine up in Hattons this morning, worked on it this afternoon. Took me ages to fit the pipes to the bufferbeams, very fiddly, but the snowploughs just plug in to some brackets, much easier than any previous Heljan locos. No crew fitted yet as the body looks like being very hard to remove, I couldn't shift the fixing screws.

Jeff

DSCF0040.JPG

Liking the layout here...is there a thread on it?

Class 26, Class 27, LL Class 37, BR blue...what a line up... :yes:

• RMweb Gold
On 22/06/2019 at 16:40, 84B Oxley said:

Picked mine up in Hattons this morning, worked on it this afternoon. Took me ages to fit the pipes to the bufferbeams, very fiddly, but the snowploughs just plug in to some brackets, much easier than any previous Heljan locos. No crew fitted yet as the body looks like being very hard to remove, I couldn't shift the fixing screws.

Jeff

DSCF0040.JPG

Liking the layout here...is there a thread on it?

Class 26, Class 27, LL Class 37, BR blue...what a line up... :yes:

Sorry but no thread on the layout, which is called 'Kyle Road'. It used to be Scottish based but then I succumbed to a Peak and a 31 so now it is somewhere in the north of England, not far from the Scottish border, maybe Carlisle or Gateshead. Thanks for your interest, here is a couple more photos.

Kyle Road  (22) - Copy.JPG

Kyle Road  (24) - Copy.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 10/12/2019 at 12:36, 84B Oxley said:

Sorry but no thread on the layout, which is called 'Kyle Road'. It used to be Scottish based but then I succumbed to a Peak and a 31 so now it is somewhere in the north of England, not far from the Scottish border, maybe Carlisle or Gateshead. Thanks for your interest, here is a couple more photos.

Kyle Road  (22) - Copy.JPG

Kyle Road  (24) - Copy.JPG

Many thanks for the pictures - looks fab!

Rule No. 1 re expanding the fleet :D :good: 

• 1 month later...
On 15/06/2019 at 19:09, railtec-models said:

I did, yes. I have a photo somewhere of the vinyls for 37403 on my kitchen table. I do all the hand-painted variants in model form, traced from the originals.

Steve,

Hello I am interested in buying the 'Hand Painted' large logo numbers you say you produce for the early West Highland 37/4's (37401-413) - I notice from photographs the later West Highland 37/4's (37422-37425) had the slightly chunkier numbers

I was struggling to find the 'Hand Painted' ones on your site in 7mm? What is the code? 

I just need the numbers and not the BRarrows and Scottie Dogs

Ideally Rub on or waterslide if no carrier film (probably none in any case as the numbers are big).

Please let me know the options available.

Deltic17

Edited by deltic17

• 4 weeks later...
On 03/02/2020 at 10:58, deltic17 said:

Steve,

Hello I am interested in buying the 'Hand Painted' large logo numbers you say you produce for the early West Highland 37/4's (37401-413) - I notice from photographs the later West Highland 37/4's (37422-37425) had the slightly chunkier numbers

I was struggling to find the 'Hand Painted' ones on your site in 7mm? What is the code? 

I just need the numbers and not the BRarrows and Scottie Dogs

Ideally Rub on or waterslide if no carrier film (probably none in any case as the numbers are big).

Please let me know the options available.

Deltic17

Only just seen this. 7mm-9993 will give you any large logo loco number you like:

https://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=3191

Photos of the actual locos are used so that the number spacing is per the real thing.

More generically, other custom made loco numbers of other styles in 7mm are available here:

https://www.railtec-models.com/catalog.php?type=5&gauge=7mm&theme=33

If waterslide then they're spot printed so there's no superfluous carrier film. They can equally be made as completely filmless if requested, although inevitably greater care does need to be taken when applying.

I still do not get the point of this, at £599 I would only buy if the Compass branding has been applied. I am happy to apply numbers, means I would gladly pay £1198 for two! But the Compass branding over those grills as a decal. Yikes! Would look so tacky! Why make a finished model in the form of Colas 37421 but not a DRS...surely the most popular one. All I can think is they are unwilling to pay licensing to DRS. Ive emailed DRS to confirm whether this is the case... 

Any O gauge modellers out there know where I can get the Compass branding tampo printed to make it drape over the grills? Cost is ill-relevant, maybe there is a Chinese outfit out there who would?

https://images.railsofsheffield.com/product-images.axd/drsblue37.jpg?preset=large

Edited by 159220
  • Agree 1

On 05/03/2020 at 14:47, 159220 said:

I still do not get the point of this, at £599 I would only buy if the Compass branding has been applied. I am happy to apply numbers, means I would gladly pay £1198 for two! But the Compass branding over those grills as a decal. Yikes! Would look so tacky! Why make a finished model in the form of Colas 37421 but not a DRS...surely the most popular one. All I can think is they are unwilling to pay licensing to DRS. Ive emailed DRS to confirm whether this is the case... 

Any O gauge modellers out there know where I can get the Compass branding tampo printed to make it drape over the grills? Cost is ill-relevant, maybe there is a Chinese outfit out there who would?

https://images.railsofsheffield.com/product-images.axd/drsblue37.jpg?preset=large

Yes agree with your post, I would consider purchasing an O Gauge DRS Class 37/4 in either compass or swoosh livery purely to have as a display model but I'm not going to get one which requires extensive livery application over a blank canvas so to speak.

They did a full Colas version thus why not a DRS?...obviously there will be a number of reasons.

Edited by classy52

• 5 months later...
On 05/03/2020 at 14:47, 159220 said:

Why make a finished model in the form of Colas 37421 but not a DRS...surely the most popular one.

421 is unique. Its the only Colas liveried 37 on that body type. By doing the DRS one as unbranded it allows the purchaser to do 422 in plain blue, any of the other 37/4's , which I suspect aren't all exactly the same (423 obviously needs some modification to the nose ends). But it also opens up doing some of the 37/5's in  Compass & earlier liveries with minimal modification. If you can overlook different nose end and cant rail grills then by removing the eth Jumper 682/683/688 could all be done. Or even  leave the eth sockets, add some additional jumpers and 610/11/12 are do-able in their early DRS guises.

• 6 months later...

I’m not one for complaining but having bought the Revolution 37405 and the last Colas 37421 from Tower I have to gripe about the packaging for them.

37405 had a missing chain and bits that had dropped off including a bogie side frame!

37421 had the same pieces fall off and a missing guard iron and brake block from the front of one bogie.

A big thank you however to Roger at Tower Models for his help for trying to find the missing parts from Gaugemaster and Ian Linley from G/Master.

I would have thought the 37/4’s would have been attached to boards?

I certainly hope the class 60’s are better treated and packed this time round as there was a considerable amount of transit damage done to them!

Regards

Julian. 

• 1 month later...