Durnstown

yellowvanman

• 2 weeks later...

Hi , started sorting out track work and platforms ect and seeing what and where buildings will fit, pic show a garage I am building ,its a odd shape because of its position.I should lay all the track and sort electrics out first before scenics are started ...but thats what I fancy doing at the mo ..so I`ll crack on ..Cheers YVM.

post-6833-019852200 1287767688_thumb.jpg

Hi Bro,

The VW workshop looks good, looks like your yellow van is having some work done.:D

I tend to do what I feel like doing, no point it doing something you are not keen on chances are you will stuff it up. Track planning takes a bit of time too, I find if I write down what I want to have ie small yard, one platform with run round etc then try laying things out to see what will fit, sometimes leave it for a few days and have another look at it.

Cheers Peter.

Hi chaps ..cheers Tim , I`m kind of making it up as I go ..not sure what to use for a roof yet but its gettin there.. cheers PCMbruv..yea track work needs sorting . ..the overall design is there just needs tweaking here and there ..keep seeing layouts on ere with fantastic scenics /buildings and vehicles ect ..and I want it all NOW...!..

Hi chaps...been playing around with scenics..building road up to raised area ..I know i`m doing it in the wrong order but I have started to fiddle with the trackwork and platforms ..pic show new road and the other shows other end with part of the island platform and mail/parcel road against the wall..still subject to change ..the two locos are standing where fuel point/shed may be..cheers YVM

post-6833-006282700 1288638764_thumb.jpg

post-6833-060736500 1288638795_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Brother,:D

Must have missed this post, it looks good with a few trains about the place. I am thinking the three roads in the station could be a bit closer together though.;)

I saw a well tatty green Combi in Rosebud yesterday it looked just like your unloved van parked outside the pub further up the page. Nice weathering job.:D

Merry Christmas cheers Peter.

Hi Bro..I`m thinking I may use the middle road for ECS servicing ,..so a bit more room for a pathway ect ...not sure yet so it is spaced out a bit ..as platforms are short as I am limited for room I was thinking of putting a raised area at the end for station buildings ect and the tracks would just disapear under ..cheers for now ..merry christmas ,will give you a buzz somewhen over the next few days.:D

The festive wishes are reciprocated to you :)

Really nice looking little layout so far, and different to the usual shelf/end to end layout format, I like it. Basing it around an old brewery, with some rather quaint cameo scenes :)

I look forward to watching this one progress on.

Adam

Cheers for the comment Adam. ... Tim the 31 is an Airfix...like most of my stock very old and needs up-dating....looks ok from a distance ..I may make it a dummy loco like the red-stripe 37 and just use it as a dead loco as its a non-runner at the mo..cheers YVM

Archived