Stalbridge

Probably even more of a 'long shot' than most of my queries :-) but.....

Has anyone ever seen a photo of the ground-frame (with or without its hut) which used to exist near the north end of the loop at Stalbridge? Likewise, has anyone seen (or better still, got a copy of !) any official notice relating to its abolition in 1955 and the conversion of the north end loop points to motor-working?

• 10 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Sorry Chris, Combe Martin is right that shots and negs of Stalbridge are not as common, the recent 1920s shots only had a few S&D views, Mine are from the time of closure, Is there anything amongst the S&D trust archives which are still being sorted.?

>>> Is there anything amongst the S&D trust archives which are still being sorted.?

I would have no idea !

Your best option is to join the S&D Trust.  Then you'll have access to all the back numbers of the trusts magazine going back to the year dot !  A lot of it is indexed now so you can find loads of info and photos that you'll have never seen before.  As an example, I found a photo of a southern U class on a normal service train in about 1961 as I recall (and I don't mean the test trains they ran in the early 50s).

Your best option is to join the S&D Trust.....

Having been a member for some 35-odd years, and their Signalling Steward for at least 25 years, I left them at the end of 2012 when it became quite clear that the Committee no longer had any interest in my involvement or what I was trying to do from the historical viewpoint.

If they do have any relevant material now, then It must have been acquired in the time since I left. 

• Like 1