West Somerset WebCams

woodenhead

Just rediscovered - watched on 6 September but then my computer died - problems with the motherboard so had to get a new machine.I've had it for a week.Oh and while we're at it the day I watched last,Flying Scotsman was at the WSR.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Shunter action

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

attachicon.gifCapture2.PNG

Running round

Shunting & departing - it's rush hour!!

Trains passing at Blue Anchor, bit chilly and windy today

There's one at Crowcombe too at 14:50

You must have the patience of a Saint!

Or just has it on in the background whilst doing other things.

I now have this and the NYMR one as part of my favourites. If it's a day that I'm doing things on my computer then I often have one open as a window whilst doing something else. Particularly good when there is a gala on.

They've worked as I now want to visit those places.

Jason

• RMweb Gold

That large warehouse building was where the old coal yard was, so not part of the WSR land and was built before Sept 2010.  

I've just checked my images from 2016 and the building was largely and thankfully obscured by trees and hedging, which is why it wasn't so obvious!

• RMweb Gold

All quiet today, but I thought I'd post this shot, timless

attachicon.gifCapture2.PNG

That picture reminds me of the time in the early 1980s when I was a regular volunteer signalman on the WSR. I used to like Winter Sundays at Blue Anchor, as the only trains running was the 'Quantock Bell' dining train and it's associated ECS from/back to Minehead (the actual train started from Bishops Lydeard).

Think of a cold, damp and gloomy November day, with mist hanging over a completely calm sea behind the box, and a solitary fisherman out on the water in a rowing boat, just visible in the grey murk. On the landward side, you can just make out the Brendon Hills rising to the south of the railway.

The box, however, was a haven of warmth, with a good fire going in the stove, a good book to keep me company and my illegal radio providing a musical background. I really enjoyed the solitude, but looked forward to the passing of the train each time, especially the outward, loaded run from Bishops Lydeard, when, depending on who was working in the kitchen car, chances were that a hand would pass a covered-over plate with a roast lunch out of the window to me, when the train had come to a stand.

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Train on way at Blue Anchor.

Something also in steam at Minehead but it's too far back to see what it is, that 33 has been there some time I wonder if there is something going the other way that it is waiting to pass.

post-165-0-25323600-1518176700_thumb.png

Edited by woodenhead
  • Like 1