West Somerset WebCams

woodenhead

1 hour ago, Steamport Southport said:

There was an 09 going up and down yesterday. Then the pair of 33s which moved the Quantock Belle.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more movements, mainly to stop stock seizing up.

There has been some stock movement, a few coaches recently appeared in the sidings at Minehead but the Quantock stock had been sat in the station at Williton being added to as each coach was re-painted, wonder where it is now.

Given the time out of service I wonder if the drivers all need refreshers, the 09 was out yesterday for driver and signalling training - the Santa specials start soon so everyone will need to be up to spec on their licences.

There was a complete ghost service on the NYMR just before it re--opened.

Edited by woodenhead

16 hours ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

But then Lockdown 2 The Sequel came along....

But that's mostly a few shops, pubs and other venues being closed for a month. Many things aren't closing.

The Santa Specials weren't scheduled to start until that's due to be over anyway.

https://www.west-somerset-railway.co.uk/events/detail/santa-express

Edited by Steamport Southport
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Steamport Southport said:

But that's mostly a few shops, pubs and other venues being closed for a month. Many things aren't closing.

The Santa Specials weren't scheduled to start until that's due to be over anyway.

https://www.west-somerset-railway.co.uk/events/detail/santa-express

we need a 'fingers crossed' button

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

You can take your tongue from your cheek, now Keith:), but I did think it was for track replacement further down line.  It would be nice if there were some reports of work done somewhere.  Good for info and publicity!

Brian.

• RMweb Gold

I think quite a few lines have taken advantage of the extended shut down to get maintenance and renewals done without the pressure of having to be done in time for running days. The difficulty of course is having the funds available to carry out that work.

11 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Testing at Blue Anchor, no sign of an actual train

image.png.bbcb674e8e94c0c0577470f147c48c85.png

Is it me or is the backboard on the platform seat missing?  This WSR webcams are where I do most of my "spotting" these days!:sad_mini:

Brian.

19 minutes ago, brianusa said:

Is it me or is the backboard on the platform seat missing?  This WSR webcams are where I do most of my "spotting" these days!:sad_mini:

Brian.

11 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Might be away for repairs/replacement. They were painting there the other day.

Jason

They’ve been missing for ages.  Wasn’t sure if it was a COVID measure to stop people congregating on the benches.