Pontefract Model Railway Exhibition

Koyli

Hi

Well got to agree Tatton yard looking great , New club layout all up and running looking forward to a great weekend 

Just loaded up home made chocolate cakes for the show,

Looking forward to bacon/sausage sandwiches this morning, 

Hugh

Hughie, you can keep the sarnies, I want the chocolate cakes.

• RMweb Gold

Really good show with great layouts and traders.

Excellent catering. Lovely bacon rolls.

Paul Windle’s High Stamley was one of my favourite layouts of the show. Very well presented and a good example of trains in the landscape.

39032006665_362ed5091a_c.jpgUntitled by Mark Branson, on Flickr

25058960247_19d67616ed_c.jpgUntitled by Mark Branson, on Flickr

Thanks to all concerned for organising the show.

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by 46444
  • Like 1

Hi

Well first day went well ,thanks to all that called in to see the show.

The new layout Kingsbey had a few niggles with mainly close coupled stock but once sorted i enjoyed running it.

Overall with layout just a small list of things to do for better running,

Anyway please come along and see us i know you will enjoy the show its only - All adults £5.00 (includes show guide whilst stocks last) and accompanied children are free.

Hugh 

Didn't manage to get Saturday due to work, but went today with my grandson, 

What a lovely little show, little man was very pleased, as he was last year, being able to operate Thomas and his friends and most of all the Lego railway, thanks guys for putting on a real friendly show.

Bob

• Like 2

A big thanks to all exhibitors traders volunteers especially the kitchen staff, but most of all a big thank you to every visitor young and old, without your support we would be nothing. We were up on adult visitors but seemed to be slightly down on children compared to last year but to me there seemed more youngsters this year. Hope you all had a very enjoyable time over the weekend and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thanks once again,

Richard.

Great show this year, some very very good layouts this year and cheers to the lads on Boston Frodsham for the chat on DCC sound 08's

James

Ah!,so it was you we were talking to,great to meet you James,hopefully see you at Scalefour North in April.

We all had a great time this weekend,a massive thank you to all involved for a very enjoyable show,with the excellent line up of layouts and traders there it felt like a proper modellers show with all interests catered for.

Rob

• Like 1

It was indeed! Plans under way now to save up for a chinnor 08 sound chip after you recomendation for my class 13, good excuse to give up the fags...again. Scalefour definately in the diary, see you guys there.

All the best

James

• Like 1

Enjoyed the Show.  

Only one complaint - NO MINT SAUCE to compliment the Pie and Peas

There was on Sunday - Norman made a special point of telling me and I saw it!  Very good show this year, all the layouts were excellent.

However, I did especially like the Lego Deltic with its working engines.  Very clever - and impressive.

• Like 1

Just wanted to add my thanks to the organisers for their outstanding hospitality over the weekend, the catering was something else!

We had a great time exhibiting Boston Frodsham which thankfully ran really well all weekend, hope we put on a good show. It was really good to get so much positive feedback and comments from the audience (there was obviously as lot of keen modellers there). Apologies if sometimes the conversations were to the detriment of the operation but hey, it's good to talk!

I know from helping to organise our club's relatively modest open days that a lot of time and effort goes into running an exhibition and we should be eternally grateful to the people who give up their time to help us get further enjoyment from our hobby.

Look forward to meeting up with Tony, Norman and the rest of the crew in the future.