December newsletter

Hilux5972

D9002 if they commissioned a new model from scratch to the standard of DP1 would sell like hotcakes and the development costs could be shared with the manufacturer who then have another 21 prototypes to exploit.

In that case you might want to add your voice to the thread in Realtrack Trains.

Well, I think he’s funny. Imagine, a great big black thing missing a pony truck from somewhere oop north instead of a Wainwright D! :jester:

Thanks!

I've often be accused of being too serious but not this time. To be fair a lot of the suggestions have been considered and worth while, but the NRM range as it stands at the moment looks to try and model ones that offer something bespoke that adds to ranges at the moment. The J69 could still be a one off commission by a company, or magazine as its that nice size and has the appeal for it.

The J17 has potential, if you like Eastern stuff, and plenty of that has been released. I can't help thinking that some suggestions might be closer to the mark, a la Wainwright D, or something midland region. So enjoy - your much more likely to see them made.

Id love to see the NER M1, and NER T3 / LNER Q7 but as far as I'm aware no one has been near them to measure them so there's zero chance of them getting done, hence the send up, which I would have thought was blatantly obvious. I'm sure some are giggling throughout this, and some thanks to the icons already are - ones that would have loathed be being too serious beforehand.

Its a hobby meant for fun, just as much as serious conversations. Its funny how some here get to post funny material and enjoy the banter. Id much rather be more like that now that something North Eastern has been done and hope that rumours are true that the Scottish following contingent are rewarded soon as well. After all, some here need to remember that they are served far better than some of us here.

Hey, ho.

I would have suggested the LSWR Adams T3, but since it has been transferred to the Swanage Railway I suppose it would no longer qualify as being part of the National Collection.

So if this is out my second choice would be the SE&CR D Class. And now that we have some SE&CR coaches it would be nice to have some LSWR coaches.

All the best and Merry Christmas,

Chris

Three suggestions from me, if I may.

- Oliver Cromwell. After all, 2018 marks 50 years since '1T57'...

- King George V. As it broke the mainline steam ban in 1969.

- Western Fusilier. Because who doesn't love a 'Western'?

I'm amazed nobody has linked to a page detailing what's in the National Collection, unless you're all uber-nerds who know the collection inside out and back to front? http://www.nrm.org.uk/ourcollection/locomotivesandrollingstock?ipp=96&cat=All&comp=All

I don't, but then each to his or her (or it's) own... and not forgetting those items in the NRM collection tucked away in places such as Bressingham, including the GER T26 (LNER/BR E4).

Edited by Pint of Adnams
  • Like 1

Three suggestions from me, if I may.

- Oliver Cromwell. After all, 2018 marks 50 years since '1T57'...

- King George V. As it broke the mainline steam ban in 1969.

I'm amazed nobody has linked to a page detailing what's in the National Collection, unless you're all uber-nerds who know the collection inside out and back to front? http://www.nrm.org.uk/ourcollection/locomotivesandrollingstock?ipp=96&cat=All&comp=All

Cromwell and KGV have both been done as a model before.

Both could be banked by a Q7 is the latter model was made. :tomato:  

Edited by The Black Hat