Hornby 2018 Announcements

cal.n

I'd second holding off on the Southern Region for a year or so.  I fear there will be a BR Blue Merchant Navy coming and that is unfortunately an expensive must have for me, if it does not appear then another H Class will be mine instead I suspect.

And that is before I consider my N Scale modelling wants!!!

I totally agree about the necessity of a blue Merchant Navy and my wallet could use a rest after the last year. But then I think of a proper Lord Nelson and I just put my hands up in surrender

Because I am entirely selfish, I will wait for a super-detailed absolutely stunning 'new era' of modelling much as DJ was showing for his King class ... in the form of a 

wait for it   

Lord Nelson.

and a blue original MN to keep some weird old people happy  (I say that from my wheelchair with an appropriate grin)

(what happened to DJM's King class anyway?) 

As to the Duchesses, I love the new models, especially the paint, and would be curious to see whether any tooling from existing Merchant Navy models would be relevant to an upgraded version, given the complexities of production I doubt, and I very much like the existing ones (I had to say that I've just bought 35014...)

cheers 

• Like 1

maybe they will rejig the Mk2e coaches to rid them of that awful solebar.  surely its fairly straight forward to remove material or clips. question is is it worth it?

and hot on the heels of the new Class 87s............an EMU of some description with a pantograph.  might be way too soon to announce a new 87 livery as the first 2 versions are not out yet.

have they invested further capital in tooling for a much called for new class 86........possible it will happen but not for a few years I wouldn't have thought.

a new RTP twin track overbridge.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Enough of this locomotive stuff and the coaching waffle.

How about a nice BRCW low density seating DMU, 2, 3 and 4 car versions and retool of the Roller engineed one, before I get round to finishing my conversions.

Oh god no, I couldn't cope with the endless moaning about the price on Facebook and other forums! "£200 for a 3 coach set blah blah blah" Edited by farren
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Oh god no, I couldn't cope with the endless moaning about the price on Facebook and other forums! "£200 for a 3 coach set blah blah blah"

Indeed when you look at prices for locos, ebay still has attractively priced dmus between £50-70, I’ve been quietly filling my boots as if the EPB//205/CEP is anything to go by, the next lot of DMUs will be £200.

However a new class 110 or a 104 would be nice.

Edited by adb968008

Hadn't thought of the final version of the P2, but having just done big Midland engine, big Southern engine, since there isn't a big Western engine it just has to be the big Eastern engine.

...what happened to DJM's King class...

That project was a commission by Hattons from DJM. When Hornby released their all newly tooled King before the Hattons/DJM project had even begun to cut tooling, Hattons pulled out. DJM retained the developemnt work completed up to that point, and an N gauge model from that starting point has been floated, see DJM section.)

• RMweb Premium

The current issue of Hornby magazine says the next Hornby blog would be out today, Friday 15th. I'm not sure what the "Hornby blog" is - I've looked on their Facebook page and on Engine Shed just now, and I can't find anything. Has anyone any other clues?

John S

The current issue of Hornby magazine says the next Hornby blog would be out today, Friday 15th. I'm not sure what the "Hornby blog" is - I've looked on their Facebook page and on Engine Shed just now, and I can't find anything. Has anyone any other clues?

John S

I usually get an e-mail reminder and it hasn't arrived yet...

• RMweb Premium

Not sure about Engine Shed. It does seem that what was one of their best marketing tools is withering on the vine. However there is a big advert in Hornby Magazine saying that the new 2018 range is launched on January 8th , so I don’t think a reveal is likely.

To get the froth going, although 8 pages in less than a week shows froth is pretty much flowing, they could put a cryptic clue in Engine Shed .

• RMweb Premium

Not sure about Engine Shed. It does seem that what was one of their best marketing tools is withering on the vine. However there is a big advert in Hornby Magazine saying that the new 2018 range is launched on January 8th , so I don’t think a reveal is likely.

To get the froth going, although 8 pages in less than a week shows froth is pretty much flowing, they could put a cryptic clue in Engine Shed .

Far too little so far.................post-2326-0-79010900-1513349941.jpg

It needs to engulf this Forum before it gets serious.

However, if you look very carefully, you will notice a SR Z product placed in the distance.

I.B. Foamed

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

That’s not a Z it’s a Caley 812. Although I actually think it’s going to be a J36 Maude , to celebrate the 100th anniversary of end WW1 . Who knows it might even get released in November!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Interesting that no-one's discussed anything from left field.  In the last few years Hornby have given us DoG, CoTN and Crosti 9F in the Railroad range and sometimes with full fat variants as well, all of which seem to me to have been well received.  I've no need or desire for one myself, but I could see Hornby quite possibly covering their costs if they did a RR Turbomotive.

• RMweb Premium

Just popped out to visit my local model shop but had to give up and retreat...........fortunately SWMBO was still in the car when I reappeared and took this picpost-2326-0-39592200-1513350999.jpg

If you look carefully you can see a product placement set of Maunsell Dining Cars just behind where I am.

Wetand Slippery.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1

Personally, I heard on the grapevine that the title of today's entry of The Engine Shed was to be 'Little Blog on The Prairie'.

Well it is the silly season, throw in Accruarail for Feb and whatever else Rails/Hattons and Kernow may toss into the ring, who knows how much froth there may be by the spring.

Weather for December to the end of January - an uncommonly frothy month so far with more expected, wear your galloshers and oilskins if you are venturing out.