105 DMU 2 decoders

liamsantini

Hi everyone. I’d like to know why after installing two decoders in my Bachmann 105 when I go forward both the headlights and rear lights are white and when I go backwards the headlights are red and rear lights are red? When I put it on DC the directional lights work properly again. Forwards white and rear red, backwards white and rear red. Am I doing something wrong? The decoder in the motor carriage is Laise, and the decoder in the rear carriage is Hornby.

Try  reversing  the  decoder in  the  unpowered  car 

( I e turn  the  actual decoder  around in the  socket)

It is  also possible  to  alter  the  value  of CV29  to make  the  decoder  'think' it  is  travelling  the  other  way

• RMweb Premium

I found that I had to put both cars on the programming track and configure the trailer first. I could then remove the trailer and configure the powered coach on its own which involves changing the direction it sees compared to the trailer. 

There is 1 particular Bachmann DMU I have come across ( a friend's, and I cannot recall which apart from it having 2 decoders - possibly the same  ( release period) as the Kings-Cross destination model  which I think was a 105?)  in which the 'factory' had modified the tracks on the trailing car PCB because it had been designed / labelled the wrong way round  (which places the +ve blue common connection where the green function wired would be and vice versa)

If you do have the modified board - ignore the etched labelling in favour of the handwritten (I think it was done with a felt pen) - if in doubt email Bachmann Service for clarification .. they may have done the mod!

If the lights are already working, turning the decoder 180 degrees will probably not work - it will probably show no lights after that.

The decoder in the trailing car needs to have CV 29 value read then altered: if it is an even number, add 1; if it is an odd number, subtract 1.