Deleted

Great Western

Superb, what an excellent project! Good luck.

Great choice of class, livery subject and location. I am not 100% sure but seem to recall that the line up was shot at Toton? I am sure that someone on here can confirm.

037 is my favourite 60, I too have a Heljan model which will at some point in the future become 037 in Metals.

Look forward to seeing your progress.

• Like 2

Project Railfreight No1.

After some drama, and a 600 mile round trip to Hattons in Liverpool I've managed to secure five Heljan Class 60s to form the core of "Project Railfreight".

I say drama as the first three I ordered, and which where sent via the postal system arrived damaged, so in order to ensure that the models arrived in the condition I expect I drove up to Liverpool and personally checked the locomotives over before taking them away.

Lucky I did as out of the twelve checked, only five were of a standard I expect - the others had poor running and/or black marks on the yellow ends from the poor packaging.

I also picked up a Dapol Class 08 as well, this will become my first repaint job next year once the core project is complete.

Well the title certainly caught my attention. Some serious financial outlay there thanks for the insight regarding Heljan quality control

Following and looking forward to updates hoping the (large) layout does the Traction justice.

We are a mere 60 miles round trip from Hattons. Where are you if I might ask?

Ian

Great choice of class, livery subject and location. I am not 100% sure but seem to recall that the line up was shot at Toton? I am sure that someone on here can confirm.

037 is my favourite 60, I too have a Heljan model which will at some point in the future become 037 in Metals.

Evening Alex.

Thought this topic would be of interest to you.....

Ian

Thank you Sir, Tyne seemed to ring a bell but I'm happy to be corrected on that one.

I know Transrail did a similar show at Bescot with 60015 "Bow Fell" in their then brand new Big T scheme.

I've just stripped a complete HJ 26 body with surgical spirit, the printed details seemed to come off first before the base paint layer, might be worth a try with a cotton bud but i'm not guaranteeing it won't go all the way through. Whatever you try you'll have to be careful!!

Nice little project! I thought about a 60 but prefer older traction!!