OO gauge GWR Mogul and Prairie

Paul.Uni

• RMweb Gold

Indeed, just seen this myself. :)

Bullet points for those unable to see the above:

• 6 variants of GWR Mogul, of the 5390-7321 number series.
  • 7 variants of GWR Large Praire 5101 class 
  • Both expected Q1 2019

Features for both include next 18 decoder with 'no-tool' fitting through the smokebox door, firebox glow, and all wheel pickup..

Looks like I've got a busy little day listing this little lot...

• RMweb Gold

Could not be better news

I am reduced to ....

Somewhat impressed by this announcement. It seems that we were posting about the large prairie just a few short months ago. Then- Whoosh!.

It would appear that gentle leading & polite persuasion & discussion pays dividends. I wonder what else we can 'persuade' to be made?

Nice one Dapol.

Ian.

Edited by tomparryharry

Hoping that the dates stated for the final cads arriving, of Quarter 1 2019 is an error and should be Quarter 1 2018, as clearly they have carried out research and are showing early cads. Clearly Dapol are showing a big statement of intent by trampling on Bachmann and Hornby for these two. They have been catching up on their 'oo' gauge back catalogue for the last couple of years and all previously announced models are tooled or in tooling, apart from the Turbot wagons, so there was a concern about whether Dapol would continue in 'oo' gauge, with its big commitment to 'O' gauge - well here is the answer.

Edited by rembrow

• RMweb Gold

Many congratulations to Dapol on these announcements!

In the results of The Wishlist Poll 2016, both the Mogul types appeared in The Top 50 - the Churchward version coming in at overall 7th position and the Collett at 26th. (Our draft Poll Guide for 2018 had already combined them with a note to say that this was how we felt a manufacturer might approach them.)

The Prairie was only just outside The Top 50 at 54th.

Brian (on behalf of The Poll Team)

• Like 2

Superb!

Dapol are sweeping up a few of the remaining GWR mid-twentieth century locos to be done to 21st century standards!

Think that just leaves a new Saint, Manor, Hawksworth County and the 15/16xx pannier to be done now - all other (steam) classes you could expect to see anywhere on the GWR system on 1st January 1948 are now available - or planned to be available soon - to modern standards. .

Congratulations Dapol; if these are good models you'll rake it in - I'd need three of each alone....

One wonders if this 'out of the blue' announcement - with no build up - is a result of Chirk catching wind of news to come out of Barwell and Sandwich in January...?

CoY

Edited by County of Yorkshire

• RMweb Gold

Superb!

Dapol are sweeping up a few of the remaining GWR mid-twentieth century locos to be done to 21st century standards!

Think that just leaves a new Saint, Manor, Hawksworth County and the 15/16xx pannier to be done now - all other (steam) classes you could expect to see anywhere on the GWR system on 1st January 1948 are now available - or planned to be available soon - to modern standards. .

Congratulations Dapol; if these are good models you'll rake it in - I'd need three of each alone....

One wonders if this 'out of the blue' announcement - with no build up - is a result of Chirk catching wind of news to come out of Barwell and Sandwich in January...?

The cat is now culling a few pigeons.

CoY