Stanley Bridge WCML N gauge

shanks522

• RMweb Premium

The space saving of helix looks great, would I be right in thinking that the helix climb will lead to a run behind the backscene so the left helix feeds the right hand scenic side and vice verse? (If you understand what I mean).

• Like 1

The space saving of helix looks great, would I be right in thinking that the helix climb will lead to a run behind the backscene so the left helix feeds the right hand scenic side and vice verse? (If you understand what I mean).

Hi Jimmy,

The plan ( in my head ) is to have a helix either side of the layout, this way the scenery will span the whole width of the baseboard.

The storage roads will run diagonally across the board as will the scenic section which will sit about 4 inches above them, like an elongated X.

Hope that makes some sort of sense.

Graham.

• 2 weeks later...

That 68 looks so nice and sounds great, with your video and the real ones going past my window I’m finding it more and more harder to resist getting one.

I have to say i'm so impressed with the model that more will definitely be on order.

Graham

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

Right, Good news and Bad news!

First the Good news!

The first of two Pendolinos arrived today and what a stunner she is, really given me a reason to crack on with layout construction!

post-6774-0-37920200-1522267875_thumb.jpg

Now the bad news.

A full 11 car Pendolino is not going to fit in the fiddle yard let alone a 9 car one! so, after taking some measurements a new baseboard is required!

I could leave the existing one but at this stage it would be extremely foolish! 

Over the next few days i'll hopefully get time to build a new one which will be around four inches wider to enable two loops to begin on the helix's.

bit of a pain but better to do it now!

Graham. 

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Im still waiting for my two but that does look very nice how long is a 9 car? I really need to make a start on my own layout (although I have a little one on the way in two weeks so how likely that is is another question).

Im still waiting for my two but that does look very nice how long is a 9 car? I really need to make a start on my own layout (although I have a little one on the way in two weeks so how likely that is is another question).

Hi jimmy, 

having a measure, a 9 car works out at 1.480mm.

congratulations on your new addition, lets hope they like model railways!!!

Graham.

Hi Graham,

Great to see the Pendolino, it looks like a lovely model. Does it run as well as it looks? Always a bit of a risk putting down money for a project like that without seeing the model first, but it looks like revolution have delivered something worthy of the wait. I am excited for the class 92 and 321 I have on order now after seeing how good your pendolino looks.

Bit of a pain that you will need a new baseboard, but at least, like you say, you've found out this early in the project.

All the best

Dave

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi jimmy, 

having a measure, a 9 car works out at 1.480mm.

congratulations on your new addition, lets hope they like model railways!!!

Graham.

Thanks Graham,

My attempts to turn my daughter to the dark side hasn’t gone too well she’s more into ponies but with the Railway series library in place in his bedroom I think I can tempt the boy to all things trains.

Jimmy

• Like 1

Hi Graham,

Great to see the Pendolino, it looks like a lovely model. Does it run as well as it looks? Always a bit of a risk putting down money for a project like that without seeing the model first, but it looks like revolution have delivered something worthy of the wait. I am excited for the class 92 and 321 I have on order now after seeing how good your pendolino looks.

Bit of a pain that you will need a new baseboard, but at least, like you say, you've found out this early in the project.

All the best

Dave

Hi Dave,

It is a beautiful model, couldn't tell you how it runs as the layout isn't complete, i might set up a loop of Kato unitrack later and give her a spin.

Bit of a pain rebuilding the baseboard but a few hours carpentry is nothing and it'l be worth it to fit a 11 car pendolino. 

Graham.

Thanks Graham,

My attempts to turn my daughter to the dark side hasn’t gone too well she’s more into ponies but with the Railway series library in place in his bedroom I think I can tempt the boy to all things trains.

Jimmy

I don't doubt it Jimmy, i'm sure you'l be helping build his first trainset!

Graham.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

Baseboard mk2 is now built and ready for track, i've stripped the track work off the old board and now need to crack on with relaying!

Also been having a little spend up as the very kind tax man wants to give me some money back!

I want to replicate one of the Network Rail test trains that use a Colas liveried 37 one end and a green one on the other, I've picked up 3 Network rail coaches and have both 37's, heres a sneak peak.

post-6774-0-48966000-1524001084_thumb.jpg

Hopefully a more productive update soon as i have two Pendolinos that need to stretch there legs!!!

Graham.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

No real progress as such but did set up some Kato unitrack today to give the Pendolinos a run in, just so happens that the chief engineer was available to keep an eye on things!

cheers

Graham. 

• Like 7
  • Funny 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all, 

Work is progressing at my new little an often pace, namely one piece of track glued down an evening!

eBay however is keeping my wallet empty, new arrivals are a cross-country voyager sound fitted, A Farish Duchess and a network rail 950. 

post-6774-0-78876200-1527800902_thumb.jpg

Graham.

post-6774-0-78876200-1527800902_thumb.jpg

• Like 5
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

That voyager came up on my eBay alerts I was sorely tempted any chance of a vid to hear the sounds? That track recorder looks like a great a little model too.

Cheers

Jimmy

• Like 1

That voyager came up on my eBay alerts I was sorely tempted any chance of a vid to hear the sounds? That track recorder looks like a great a little model too.

Cheers

Jimmy

Hi Jimmy,

I will try and do a video later, haven’t run it yet so interested to see how she sounds.

Graham.

• Like 1

Hello all, 

No video of the voyager as the sound is so low its hard to hear it, once i clear the workbench off i'll sort it.

so instead a video of the latest 37, Colas livery with sound fitted by CR signals using Legomanbiffo sound files. 

Graham.

• Like 5