Stanley Bridge WCML N gauge

shanks522

• 3 months later...

Hello all, 

After months of inactivity i've done a little work on the layout, my aim is to get all the track work down before the layout goes into short term storage. 

IMG_1774.jpg.ddada883c6d3c83e82a215c106e4bb71.jpg

Also picked up a pacer from TINGS, like many i'm not a fan of these buses on wheels but they do evoke memories of visiting my nan when i was younger.

Got to say i'm very impressed, Dapol have done well with it, even if the prototype is ugly!!!

IMG_1696.jpg.f4605fae3432077a77c646f6ad8259f7.jpg

Cheers

Graham.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Hello all, 

Zero progress on the layout as its currently in storage.

However, nice surprise today, got home from work to find a parcel from C-Rail, 3 lovely KQA pocket wagons which i had completely forgotten about. 

I'll try and upload some videos that i took a while back when i get a spare hour or two. 

Cheers

Graham. 

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

Hello…. 

Some sad news and some good news. 

first up I cannot store the portable layout anywhere so I’ve had to dismantle it, everything on it was salvaged so not wasted. 

Now the good news! 

permanent layout in the loft, the headroom is not ideal but I’ll cope, baseboards have been started, tracklaying will begin soon. 

Graham 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DavidMcKenzie said:

Good news about the loft layout Graham. Looking forward to seeing your progress with it. Is it still going to be based on a similar era and location? 

hi David, 

same era, slightly different location, going to have a lower and upper level, diverging junction, and hopefully a canal scene in the front.

To be honest I love this part of a build, so many possibilities. 

Graham 

• Like 1

First bit of work was to adapt the large radius left hand points, I want the junction to be more of a Y shape and as peco don’t make large radius ones I’ve simply cut all the webbing underneath with a razor saw and gently eased out the points, I can’t do to much with the crossing as it will involve quite a bit of butchering so I’ll leave that alone. It’s a subtle difference but I think it’ll look good once in place. 

16EEE89F-B85C-4AC3-BAEA-D562540CC214.jpeg.177ebf00d5d4125a50318350a6bc668d.jpeg

Graham 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Looks great! I've got Ian at Mercig doing one for me, I do think the Farish model can be made to look alright doing everything you've done there - sorting the lights, body mounting the air dam, bit of detail on the buffer beam.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, njee20 said:

Looks great! I've got Ian at Mercig doing one for me, I do think the Farish model can be made to look alright doing everything you've done there - sorting the lights, body mounting the air dam, bit of detail on the buffer beam.

Ian did a fantastic job, i had to sacrifice two Dapol DVTs for the lights but it was well worth it. 

I just had a look on my youtube channel, last time this ran properly was 6 years ago! might need a service!

Graham. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Ahhh, is that yours on his website!? I literally said "I want one like that please", imitation is the highest form of flattery! Always loved Kinlet Wharf too. Just can't decide whether to get the KMS sleepers, or stick with the vinyled rake, given the lack of matching mk2s!

• Like 1

Yeah it’s my one on the website, I had it done initially to run with the pretendolino. 

I did have vinyl MK3 and MK2s but found the were to shiny when viewed at a distance and also started to fade with too much handling. 

I’m very pleased with the KMS ones, only ordered 2 pairs to see how they came out and will definitely put another order in now, I may even do some proper modelling and do the MK2s myself! 

cheers

Graham 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Yes my 90 is destined for my pretendolino, I'll deploy a 92 on the sleepers! I do have the makings of the CAD for a mk2 RLO, reusing the roof/bogies/underframe of the old Farish mk2. Perhaps this would be the time to revisit it! Apologies for the hijack!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all, 

Little bit of cutting and shutting. 

I won these two Kato bridges on eBay. 

05E547AD-84AA-4A9E-86D9-7D32C3C84405.jpeg.a0319f72fb0cc0b542f6f808554885b2.jpeg

Had a little dismantling session and got the chop saw out, the idea is to make the bridge into an angled one. 

Not fully fitted yet but dry fit looking good. 

8BC2F487-5FFE-4D8C-95BA-4DF3C429E449.jpeg.ec820256914d356728bc08236008a7ac.jpeg

cheers

Graham 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hello all, 

New toy turned up yesterday, a hot wire cutter!  No more mess with polystyrene everywhere!!

Would have been rude not to test it so used some offcuts of the woodland scenic inclines to create an embankment. 

805F1B70-06A5-4032-9260-17B7634C20C1.jpeg.20abfcbeef49bdd9802f52bfbcfad5d0.jpeg

384F08CA-A305-4325-B264-DB5D53A43143.jpeg.229564c60476ff1a5b50c32eececfe52.jpeg

17CE3C09-F953-46C2-8B2F-CA73CE555068.jpeg.11fcd350076a54e3b8ffdf6d5c987cfe.jpeg

Really must stop playing about and finish the track work! 

Graham. 

Edited by shanks522
  • Like 3

On 25/01/2022 at 11:08, DavidMcKenzie said:

That's starting to look good Graham, it's already starting to take shape and you can see how the trains will stand out as the feature at the top of the embankment. 

All the best,

Dave

Thanks David, I’m aiming for the bottom of a valley, mainline on the embankment,

another lower down and at the base the canal. 

On 25/01/2022 at 11:10, saxokid said:

More top work here graham:sungum:

cheers. 

These little beauty’s arrived today. I only ordered one pair and now thinking I should have gone for a full rake! 

1DEC7A61-8EF6-4FC6-A6B6-7E8DAAAC1447.jpeg.6f2bd12f054aa13e48d61f75c9518089.jpeg

Hopefully I’ll have a completed mainline by the weekend and will get to enjoy some trains running. 

Graham 

• Like 2

Hello all, 

First mainline is now complete, Duchess of Sutherland had the honor of the first train to test it, left her running for a few hours whilst I was doing other jobs, really nice to have something running again. 

The biggest surprise is the haulage capability of the Duchess, she’ll take 9 mk1s up a 3% gradient on a curve. Very impressive! 

Graham 

• Like 7